PDA

View Full Version : Server sync stops after a while? - Thread 2! - May not be fixed.

Burridge
20/12/2009, 07:10 PM
Since the old topic is locked, I shall post a new one.

Kye said this in the old topic;

I have released an update to the server [0.3a R4] to try and address this issue. It's available on the download page. It has been in testing on GamerX for over 3 weeks and some people who were experiencing the half-disconnect problem have reported it being solved. Some others are still reporting problems being completely disconnected but it seems to be related to their internet connection and the server they're connecting to. It's not related to this same bug from what I can tell.

But I don't think it is fully fixed, see the video below. I may be wrong, but better safe than sorry.

SA-MP bug still there? (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UE-zrAVeiEc#normal)

You can see that someone's speaking to me, they told me on skype they were in my passenger seat, but they wernt there, but I could see their chat.

RoBo
20/12/2009, 09:14 PM
Packetloss?

Virtual1ty
21/12/2009, 09:45 AM
still happens to me too sometimes..

Joske_Vermeulen
21/12/2009, 03:22 PM
he probably got "kicked" from your game because an error has applied (you might have missed the blue message)

Burridge
21/12/2009, 07:49 PM
he probably got "kicked" from your game because an error has applied (you might have missed the blue message)

Nope, it never appeared, trust me. It wasn't just him anyway, it was everyone in the server for me. Trust me, I wouldn't of reported this if I had that error appear.

Striker_Moe
21/12/2009, 08:08 PM
Oh ffs. I have the same problem too.

Burridge
21/12/2009, 09:36 PM
Daniel, maybe because you use the wrong mods or something that ruins your game.

/facepalm - I play SA-MP only with Weapon Skin mods, nothing else. That wouldn't cause total desync.

Daniel, why did you remove /sync ?

/facepalm x 2 - You're banned from our server for money hacking anyway, so stay off if I were you, no more off-topic nonsence from you, or I'll report you for spam.

Oh ffs. I have the same problem too.

I had it again today aswell. Before it happened, my screen totally froze, and no chat was coming through, then after a while the chat started moving again, but all players were off my screen.

Sew_Sumi
22/12/2009, 02:01 AM
Did you edit the stream rates at all?

BP13
22/12/2009, 07:00 AM
I already made a topic:

http://forum.sa-mp.com/index.php?topic=139748.0

Burridge
22/12/2009, 08:03 AM
BP13 ]
I already made a topic:

That's about the deathbug, not de-syncing from the whole entire server, and loosing the ability to see all the players. It's caused by a what seems faulty SetPlayerHealth, or by Explosions, as you showed on your topic. You should've read my topic properly before posting that.

Did you edit the stream rates at all?

Nope, their the same, and correct amounts for a 50 slot server.

marharth
22/12/2009, 09:29 AM
I can confirm this...

I was on a server I am admin on and suspected I was bugged so I did /adrestart (gmx) and I stayed in the same place even though I could still talk to other people on the server..

Burridge
22/12/2009, 09:47 AM
I hope all I said and what Other people said, helps the devs.

Jay_
22/12/2009, 01:42 PM
There are defintely some connection issues. I've noticed a lot of problems with dying (not always related to fire, as the other topic suggests) were players don't die, despite their health being on 0, they can run around and such, however on other peoples screen it will show you lying on the floor dead. After this happens you eventually 'half' loose connection to the server.

Burridge
22/12/2009, 03:04 PM
[...]

Relating to what you said, I notice this "Death Bug" when the player's HP set's to 0 instantly, it happens. (SetPlayerHealth).

Feche
22/12/2009, 04:40 PM
I have the same bug when I play GamerX. When I put a teleport it says "You are now.. bla bla bla" but I still in the same place. Otherwise, the chat box runs fine, no de-sync at all.

Striker_Moe
26/12/2009, 03:38 PM
It has become better (WTF), but sometimes it still appears. The chatbox gets out of sync and collapses.

marharth
27/12/2009, 10:55 AM
This bug is completely random right?

Does anyone know any triggers for it?

Burridge
02/01/2010, 11:20 AM
This bug is completely random right?

It does seem to be that way yes.

It has become better (WTF), but sometimes it still appears. The chatbox gets out of sync and collapses.

Yeah, I hardly ever get it now, But, it's always nice to report bugs to the Devs, and help them out.

Andy_McKinley
03/01/2010, 12:15 PM
I don't know if this is the same or another type of sync but this happens to me too in 0.3a! It's when I'm in a hydra and stunting. Example: You know the Market Station (underground trainstation in LS). Someone wanted to take a screen of me while I was flying in that train tunnel but I was invinsible for him and other people and he could only see my name tag. This happens on all servers (I think) and maybe because it's a long tunnel.
Also when I throw a grenade, it explodes, but not for other people, only for me and they won't die because the grenade didn't explode for them!

You were talking about invinsible player sync and I about vehicle (hydra) and weapon sync, is this the same?

Burridge
03/01/2010, 07:44 PM

That can be caused by the vehicle not being in the right interior world. Remember on my old server, where I made those monster trucks invisible? That kind of thing. Although, was the vehicle invisible for you on your screen?

Andy_McKinley
04/01/2010, 02:24 PM

That can be caused by the vehicle not being in the right interior world. Remember on my old server, where I made those monster trucks invisible? That kind of thing. Although, was the vehicle invisible for you on your screen?

Oh, I remember that I was at /monster with Azzy and (the asshole) Nathan and all Monsters were invinsible and that was an interiour! But this wasn't an interiour, it was just in the tunnel that leads to Market Station. And no, the hydra was not invinsible for me but for other people. And just like the grenades that were like that for other people so they won't die because it didn't explode for them.

Feche
05/01/2010, 09:32 PM
I get a desync of the mapping too. It only happens to me in crowded areas, where there is many people(15+), and the chat, sometimes gets fucked up. Ohh, another thing, when I want to enter an interior(when this desinc happens only), the people goes like when you have lag(they keep runing forward) and I see the text, "You are in... press ENTER to exit", so, thats another desync.

NOTE: In 0.2x this NEVER happend to me.

Sorry for my english :D

marharth
06/01/2010, 03:38 AM
I get a desync of the mapping too. It only happens to me in crowded areas, where there is many people(15+), and the chat, sometimes gets fucked up. Ohh, another thing, when I want to enter an interior(when this desinc happens only), the people goes like when you have lag(they keep runing forward) and I see the text, "You are in... press ENTER to exit", so, thats another desync.

NOTE: In 0.2x this NEVER happend to me.

Sorry for my english :D

The chat is lag, and the interior enter is lag...

ettans
06/01/2010, 11:58 AM
Got a similar issue on my server, players don't get synced at all. Their icons on the minimap and their actual characters are just flashing, sometimes they even become invisible.

marharth
06/01/2010, 11:22 PM
Got a similar issue on my server, players don't get synced at all. Their icons on the minimap and their actual characters are just flashing, sometimes they even become invisible.

You sure thats not just a script bug?

Burridge
17/01/2010, 05:07 PM

I think that might be a script issue.

Mrkrabz
17/01/2010, 07:44 PM
I have only ever seen this when i cant see any cars but i see chat.

Jay_
18/02/2010, 01:16 PM
Confirmed, still occurs, a lot.

CracK
18/02/2010, 02:35 PM
I've made a simple fix:
public OnPlayerDeath(playerid, killerid, reason)
{
ClearAnimations(playerid);
// the rest of your code
}
It looks a bit weird, when you can run for some time after death, but finally you fall dead.

ruckfules99
18/02/2010, 08:42 PM
This happens sometimes when your in an interior and get killed, then when you respawn you can see anyone :(

HydraX
18/02/2010, 10:38 PM
0.3 overall, on a slow(er) connection is just plain shit. I lose sync every 5-10 minutes and have to reconnect so really there is no point in playing unless you can be arsed to do that every 5-10 min .. don't know why you couldn't have just left it like 0.2x which was much much much much muuuuuuuuuch better, sync-wise .. than 0.3 (Sorry to say but it's very true) :-[

A fix that actually works would be nice, playing SA:MP like it was 0.2x would be even better.

Regards.

I agree, It is why most people didn't bother to move to 0.3, instead, they stayed in 0.2X

BP13
19/02/2010, 01:22 AM
This happens sometimes when your in an interior and get killed, then when you respawn you can see anyone :(

Maybe because your not setting to the proper interior when they die.

Burridge
19/02/2010, 07:50 PM
CracK: This is about server sync stopping overall. Not just the death bug after GMXing.

Add the following line under "OnPlayerSpawn"

SetPlayerInterior(playerid,0);

I have released an update to the server [0.3a R4] to try and address this issue. It's available on the download page. It has been in testing on GamerX for over 3 weeks and some people who were experiencing the half-disconnect problem have reported it being solved. Some others are still reporting problems being completely disconnected but it seems to be related to their internet connection and the server they're connecting to. It's not related to this same bug from what I can tell.

Meaning it wasn't expected to be fixed 100%. It doesn't happen as much now, but the point of the matter is, it still happens.

HydraX
20/02/2010, 06:09 AM
CracK: This is about server sync stopping overall. Not just the death bug after GMXing.

Add the following line under "OnPlayerSpawn"

SetPlayerInterior(playerid,0);

Meaning it wasn't expected to be fixed 100%. It doesn't happen as much now, but the point of the matter is, it still happens.

It is recommended to downgrade to R3, It seems a lot more stable than R4 from my Point of view.

Burridge
21/02/2010, 12:09 AM
ραωпsтαг , I think you basically hit the nail on the head. Although, I feel that Kye and the team ARE doing as much as they can to fix this, but finding sync errors isn't easy. So time is needed to fix the error. What comes with one cool update, things always go wrong it's coding, nothing ever goes right. To be fair if most people were more patient, and actually helped out the Developers, things would get done so much more quickly. This is why I made this topic. To help out by reporting that it isn't fixed, and not moan and bitch about everything, like most people do. :/

What you also need to remember is there's lot of other hings that also need fixing. So that also drags them down, also all the Developers and testers are all working for free, to make a free mod. You can't expect it to be as perfect as something that's purchased, because they're doing this for free and it is voluntary.

I think some people (with better connections) don't understand how much of a big deal this is, and although nobody can do fuck all about this (since it's Kye's problem) there are some things y'all should be aware of .. like the things this bug leads to.

My internet connection is actually quite good, but I still get this so it's not all internet based. The bug can indeed lead to many problems, but we need to wait patiently, and try and help the developers as best we can by reporting problems like this etc.

It is recommended to downgrade to R3, It seems a lot more stable than R4 from my Point of view.

Wrong, because it did solve it a little, but it hasn't fixed it properly.

This is just my opinions.

Mrkrabz
21/02/2010, 02:06 PM
I only ever noticed this in WOS, timing out would also always happen.

[03]Garsino
21/02/2010, 02:17 PM
This always happened to me on Mo3's server. But it seems to be gone now. I only notice it on servers with more than 200 players now. And I dont think its my connection.

Mrkrabz
21/02/2010, 03:27 PM
Garsino ]
This always happened to me on Mo3's server. But it seems to be gone now. I only notice it on servers with more than 200 players now. And I dont think its my connection.

Same here

dugi
21/02/2010, 04:24 PM
The first thread was locked with a perfectly clear reason: http://forum.sa-mp.com/index.php?topic=130114.msg836062#msg836062 , R4 solved the issue with sync stopping including chat, and this thread was started as it describes a different problem, of just sync stopping without chat dying.

If it happens to you again you should press F5 to view the connection information, make a screenshot of it and post here which might be helpful for developers to fix this issue.

[03]Garsino
21/02/2010, 04:27 PM
The first thread was locked with a perfectly clear reason: http://forum.sa-mp.com/index.php?topic=130114.msg836062#msg836062 , R4 solved the issue with sync stopping including chat, and this thread was started as it describes a different problem, of just sync stopping without chat dying.

If it happens to you again you should press F5 to view the connection information, make a screenshot of it and post here which might be helpful for developers to fix this issue.

No, you see. I only got this server sync stopping (+chat) after the update to R4. I never noticed it before, and next time, I'll try to take a screenshot of it.

Burridge
23/02/2010, 09:57 PM
One of my players had an error similar to this bug reported, so I asked him to take a picture of the F5 stats. Apprantly everything froze and nothing was moving, but he could still move, but EVERYTHING was basically de-synced. Apprantly it was like being kicked, but he wasn't kicked.

http://img246.imageshack.us/img246/5538/samp133n.png

HydraX
23/02/2010, 11:40 PM
Hmmm, strange ... packetloss reads 0.0% o_O ...

Packet loss reads 0.0% because he is probably de-synced from the game.

Redirect Left
24/02/2010, 11:45 PM
I've just had a similar experience to this.

Basically, I was in and around the Ammunation in SF, upon exiting it, the streaming stopped, vehicles, players, etc. All stopped. I could still talk to the server, and they could reply. But no streaming occured, any ideas?

PS: F5 showed no packet loss.

Burridge
25/02/2010, 02:16 PM
Redirect Left: was it a normal Ammunation? With the yellow arrow to enter and exit I mean? It wasn't a custom one was it? Cause if it was a custom one it might be a script error.

Andy_McKinley
04/03/2010, 07:14 PM
I want do add something!
Being in an area with 40+ vehicles (F5 in-game) will make other players around you invincible (2 times tested)! I have no idea if this is the same with my Hydra in the train tunnel, but I don't think so! This should be fixed in SA-MP 0.3b, although I know it's not easy, I am just reporting.

Andy McKinley.

BP13
04/03/2010, 09:59 PM
I want do add something!
Being in an area with 40+ vehicles (F5 in-game) will make other players around you invincible (2 times tested)! I have no idea if this is the same with my Hydra in the train tunnel, but I don't think so! This should be fixed in SA-MP 0.3b, although I know it's not easy, I am just reporting.

Andy McKinley.

Unrelated issue. You should make your own topic about that so people do not offtopic in this thread.

kaisersouse
04/03/2010, 11:49 PM
I donj;t think slow internet is the issue. I play over satellite with a ping of over 1000 at all times and I don't desync.

BP13
05/03/2010, 12:37 AM
I donj;t think slow internet is the issue. I play over satellite with a ping of over 1000 at all times and I don't desync.

It's surprising you don't get ping kicked by most servers.

Andy_McKinley
05/03/2010, 07:09 AM
BP13 ]

I want do add something!

Andy McKinley.

Unrelated issue. You should make your own topic about that so people do not offtopic in this thread.

It's not off-topic, it's the same; Server sync stops after a while.

[03]Garsino
05/03/2010, 12:33 PM
Negative, you reported players having "invincibilty". This is unrelated unless you have more to add? Like maybe an explanation as to why they were invincible? Does the server have god mode somewhere? Maybe if the players had desync'd during a time when they had god-mode it could of happened (It's happened to me before on LVP) but other than that, to me this seems unrelated.

Hmm, strange .. if it's not slow internet, what could it be? :s This always happens to me, like, almost I can't play a server for 15+ minutes without losing sync with it.

However, I noticed a few days ago whilst playing on LS-RP that I didn't lose sync for ages .. infact, I'm pretty sure that by the time I quit the game I hadn't lost sync once. Yet on other servers I play (DM) the sync is completely destroyed. Maybe it has something to do with map icon streaming or something? Wild suggestion, but what is the difference between LS-RP (a roleplay server) and somewhere like Partyserver (TDM) that makes sync behave abnormally ?

Script functions?

kaisersouse
05/03/2010, 02:12 PM
BP13 ]

I don't bother with ping-kicking servers because most of them think they need to kick HPBs because it slows down other players (which it doesnt).

Besides I have no reason to play on any server other than Everystuff.

Burridge
05/03/2010, 02:51 PM
BP13 ]

Not all servers have a ping kicker.

Either way, I'm glad this is being noticed, and it isn't just me. O_o

Burridge
21/03/2010, 01:55 PM
Bumping.

We're currently in the middle of some sort of huge de-syncing, and I checked my F5, and I'm showing packet-loss. It isn't just me, it's quite a few players.

Mine;
http://i43.tinypic.com/2iqo31i.jpg

Screen-shots from other players;
http://i43.tinypic.com/vx2hdj.png
http://i39.tinypic.com/flhhzr.png

Jackass123
28/03/2010, 07:56 PM
I agree my friends that i am talking through skype see that i am at the same place, but for real i am in the car.first i had the localhost then i thought that the de-sync is my router fault but now i have host it still happens

Burridge
01/04/2010, 12:23 PM
I had another packetloss incident today, so posted. I was totally desynced again.

http://i43.tinypic.com/2rcwzkn.jpg

Diablosrouge
04/04/2010, 03:37 AM
I never had such problem related to this in any server, although I'm using a 3MB connection.
Still weird.

Miguel
06/04/2010, 04:43 AM
This happen to me when I have a high ping or a slow connection.

BP13
06/04/2010, 09:34 PM
So the server version is now R7. Has this been fixed yet? I have not noticed it for some time since R3.

Burridge
07/04/2010, 12:59 PM
Nope,

I had another packetloss incident today, so posted. I was totally desynced again.

http://i43.tinypic.com/2rcwzkn.jpg

Still got it, on April the first. It's still there slightly. Although, it's defiantly not as much as it used to be.

[03]Garsino
08/04/2010, 09:27 PM
http://files.uploadffs.com/a/d/5e86d378/samp006.png

And then the server stopped responding for me. It felt looked like I was about to timeout (but I wasn't, this lasted for like 10 minutes untill I relogged..).

Mikep.
13/04/2010, 08:37 AM
Server crash is still causing this 'dead but alive' bug.

Burridge
13/04/2010, 08:49 AM
Server crash is still causing this 'dead but alive' bug.