PDA

View Full Version : What about a real RP server?

Anarkien
27/05/2011, 09:20 PM
Hello,

I've been roleplaying SA-MP for several years now, and I often ask myself why there aren't more "hardcore"/"strict" RP servers. I used to role play LS-RP, but even though you need some RP skills to register, people still meta- and powergamed a lot, which just made me sick. I also joined Project Reality Roleplay (PR-RP) like ... two years back in time, but yet again there were too much non-RP, especially the economy.

If I had the skills to create a server, or the contact network of programmers and enthusiasts who would be able to make a RP server, it would look a bit like this;

- A realistic economy.
-- Cars = ranging from like $800 for some crappy first car.
-- Houses = Everything between some thousand dollars and some million dollars, depending on quality of house (house trailer -> Richman house).
-- Businesses = Should be controlled by a stock market or similar, and the buy price on a business should be fairly high since it's an easy way to invest to earn cash.
-- Absolutely NO refunds from other servers.

- Donations.
-- No in-game rewards for donations (like cash, cars, etc..), but rather VIP status and special access to stuff in the forum, etc..
-- Should be several donation options, but shouldn't be too easy for small kids to use their mom's credit card to buy virtual goods.

- Professional admins.
-- "yeah, like I haven't heard that before" .. So many newbie server owners think of themselves as professional admins, and then credit themselves with thousands of dollars and the best houses and businesses. I've seen it before, and it's just what happens when "power hungry" children get to run a server.

- Advanced features.
-- When I choose a server to play on, it's a must that there's a programmer/scripter in the admin team. What's the point of asking for suggestions and features on a new server if the admin team must decline all features because of lack of programming knowledge?
Advanced features are also necessary in order to make good and active, as well as professional role play servers.

- Knowledgeable and professional players.
-- All players must have a high standard of role playing, and there must be at least OOC tests (like LS-RP) in order to get to register at all. All players asking admins for money/admin/mod etc., should have warnings and bans.
All in all you must prove yourself worthy to play amongst other "professional" role players.

- Structured and organized forums.
-- There must be an organized and well moderated forum where the players can apply for registration of organizations and businesses, as well as buying land and applying for jobs, licenses, etc. There must be "letters" sent IC on the forums to the Government, and more. Like LS-RP, but should be more professional than that.
-- The forums should also be a place where new and old players can get help from people who knows both the script and the server well, not just "newly registered players wanting to become helpers", as that's a sign of unprofessionalism.

- Basic RP stuff.
-- Of course, basic RP rules will apply, such as driving RPish (unless you're actually in a chase, or something..), not killing for fun, no meta or powergaming, etc.

Wow, a bit harsh server maybe, but would there even be any interest for such a server?

patrick1995
27/05/2011, 09:24 PM
I think it's a great idea. But it could also be too RP. People join a server for the fun, not for doing exactly the same as in real.

Anarkien
27/05/2011, 09:28 PM
I agree, it must be fun! However the fun part is when there are a lot of players playing "Professional RP" style, not just DMing everyone, or events started by admins, which I'm totally against. The admins should play like any other player, and when they're on duty they should NOT play as a part of the rest of the server, or interact RPly with the other players. In-game events should be ran by private organizations or players :)

XaejiJaeinki
27/05/2011, 11:32 PM
Yes.
You don't know how long I've been saying this, That SA:MP Needs good RP Servers.

Most of them are just... Disgusting. Espically Next-Generation and San Andreas Roleplay.

And MTA has some good ones, But most of the time Dick Admins ruin it.

Joey_Griffiths
27/05/2011, 11:39 PM
Yes.
You don't know how long I've been saying this, That SA:MP Needs good RP Servers.

Most of them are just... Disgusting. Espically Next-Generation and San Andreas Roleplay.

And MTA has some good ones, But most of the time Dick Admins ruin it.

They are not even true roleplay anymore. They let people run around with non-rp names. And lowercased first and last names.

XaejiJaeinki
27/05/2011, 11:43 PM
They are not even true roleplay anymore. They let people run around with non-rp names. And lowercased first and last names.

Exactly.

I also find it disgusting how there, Admins have "Roleplay Accounts" and "Admin Accounts".

Also, Its more like RPG. Its just one big E-Cash gathering competition.

BloodyEric
28/05/2011, 09:33 AM
These servers exist pretty much (at least what I can say about the German SA:MP Servers), you just have to find them and make sure it is no GF-Edit.

Anarkien
28/05/2011, 11:27 AM
Well, I would love to join in - if I were a German.. However, there's a need for English pro. RP servers as well.

Finn
28/05/2011, 11:55 AM
I know how you feel about LS-RP, I'd love to play there if it wasn't a meeting point of never-losing egoist RPers.

Deskoft
28/05/2011, 12:32 PM
Roleplay servers must have a realistic system, as SA-MP is the home of roleplay servers.
Every single person in the server must agree to this. Starting from the government, it must be realistic.
Atleast I try to do this, because it's annoying that i'm searching for a good hardcore roleplay server, and I only find 2 or 3 (C-RP, RC-RP [already getting f*** up] and LS-RP). If you are going to make a server, you must be sure that you have the team and the required amount of "human resources" to accomplish the task.

KaleOtter
28/05/2011, 12:39 PM
New roleplay server are coming! Just be patience. haha

Anarkien
28/05/2011, 02:24 PM
@KaleOtter;
Looks like a good feature list you've posted on your site ! Might become a new fav. server, then :).

EDIT: Oh, I just noticed your donations page.. Oh well, gotta look for other servers, then.

Sergei
28/05/2011, 02:31 PM
it's annoying that i'm searching for a good hardcore roleplay server, and I only find 2 or 3 (C-RP, RC-RP [already getting f*** up] and LS-RP)..[/I]
I hope that this was sarcasm.

Finn
28/05/2011, 03:07 PM
I hope that this was sarcasm.
Yeah, I lol'd as well.

Mike Garber
28/05/2011, 03:23 PM

I really do wonder how the name affects your gameplay, i always did,
as you can't use the nametag in any roleplay anyways.

The only thing you can use your nickname nametag for in an RP server, is
for OOC admin purposes... (Otheriwse it'd be metagaming)

So calling something NON-RP due to nicknames is stupid, even though i do use it and will for my server
since it's standard now adays.

Anarkien
01/06/2011, 12:59 PM
Well, RP nick names will probably always "be there" on most RP servers ..

Meta
01/06/2011, 01:04 PM
no meta or powergaming

hey :(

Elorreli
01/06/2011, 01:09 PM
People seem to prefer servers where they can get 100,000 in 2 hours and buy a car for 2 millions, that's the sad truth.

If you're one of the few that wants to try something more like you described, check my signature.

Mr187
01/06/2011, 01:14 PM
People seem to prefer servers where they can get 100,000 in 2 hours and buy a car for 2 millions, that's the sad truth.

If you're one of the few that wants to try something more like you described, check my signature.

If people preferred that than why is it the most popular RP servers on SA-MP require a decent amount of time (like a good few weeks of work) to own a vehicle ?

Tachibana
01/06/2011, 05:11 PM
Totally agree with the topic and will sure take this as a reference.

Kwarde
01/06/2011, 06:21 PM
Hi.
I'm busy with a very advanced RP gamemode, with alot reallife features. Unfortunately, it still will take alot time. But there will ever come one ;)

Famalamalam
01/06/2011, 06:31 PM
IMO, LS-RP was the best server on SA-MP for role-playing. It wasn't until early 2009 that it started going really bad (too many young administrators/immature administrators, too much corruption and not a strict enough role-playing guideline, it started to slacken up) in 2008 and previous it was a very very good server to role-play on, and everything felt really professional and really felt like it was the best community as well (a good community is extremely important to a successful server..) to this I haven't come across a "strictly role-playing" server as good as LS-RP was and I've been through a lot believe me. I have only ever found 1 server with the professionalism and general sense of structure; that LS-RP had.

Conclusion: Stick to LS-RP with a few good friends.

Ricop522
01/06/2011, 06:39 PM
At Brasil we have our best RP server.
Since 2008, www.advanced-roleplay.com

At English I think is LS-RP
The best server..

Anarkien
01/06/2011, 06:48 PM
Hi.
I'm busy with a very advanced RP gamemode, with alot reallife features. Unfortunately, it still will take alot time. But there will ever come one ;)

Tell me if you need help with anything non-PAWNO-script related, as I'm not a PAWNO scripter, sadly (:

Kwarde
01/06/2011, 07:15 PM
Isn't it supposed to be 'PAWN scripter'? Wait, on second thought, it doesn't even matter.
However, I don't need it but thanks ;) - I am a PAWN+PHP (also SQL ofc)+Javascript+'html' (-.-) scripter :')

SkizzoTrick
01/06/2011, 07:57 PM
Your completly right.
Even LS-RP became a Non-rp server.
The administrators are innactive,ban/reports are being ignored,everyone gets into the server so fast.
I made an account only because i was bored :|,shame...
I tried to open many Hard RP Servers but i just can't because i have no PHP/HTML/MySql knowledge and i cannot run the whole community (including website/server).

EDIT:
go to www.ug-rp.net < the best samp server script for RP ;)

Underground sucks :|,i tested it few weeks ago...

Anarkien
01/06/2011, 08:22 PM
Isn't it supposed to be 'PAWN scripter'? Wait, on second thought, it doesn't even matter.
However, I don't need it but thanks ;) - I am a PAWN+PHP (also SQL ofc)+Javascript+'html' (-.-) scripter :')

Haha, there you go, my extremely low knowledge of scripting GMs in a non-existing language :). Well, sounds good!

Famalamalam
01/06/2011, 09:42 PM
Your completly right.
Even LS-RP became a Non-rp server.
The administrators are innactive,ban/reports are being ignored,everyone gets into the server so fast.
I made an account only because i was bored :|,shame...
I tried to open many Hard RP Servers but i just can't because i have no PHP/HTML/MySql knowledge and i cannot run the whole community (including website/server).

Yes, it's very hard to open a successful server "such as" LS-RP, because of the time it takes and the knowledge you need to create such professional images. (their PHP web panel, etc. is just awesome) I have wanted to try it since I started scripting but I just can't bring myself to attempt it because I know how hard it is to make it work, and find decent, reliable people. I guess with money it'd be a little bit easier but there's not point throwing money into something like this nowadays.

sim_sima
01/06/2011, 10:51 PM
Great idea 10/10!
For me, it cant become too much RP!
The more realism, the better!

Meta
02/06/2011, 03:29 AM
I tried to open many Hard RP Servers but i just can't because i have no PHP/HTML/MySql knowledge

If you got any knowledge in Pawn you're able to learn PHP-basics very fast because it's nearly equal
And HTML is easy :)
People seem to prefer servers where they can get 100,000 in 2 hours and buy a car for 2 millions, that's the sad truth.also expirienced that.
just relaunched my server with some new things like a more realistic moneysystem and lost some players because the couldn't be rich in less than 1 day or so and then they're sayin' its boring because they don't have fat cars and the biggest houses

EDIT: most annoying: "Hey, I'm new. Can I become Admin?"

BTW: Don't know if it ever existed, but how about a sa-mp.com Reallife-Server made by the SA-MP Team? :D (500 slots are not enough then :) )

ricochetjr
02/06/2011, 04:19 AM
I agree with Meta. It would be amazing to have a server scripted by the SA-MP team itself. Also, I lol'd at your remark when he said "no meta" xD

Mr187
02/06/2011, 04:48 AM
Yes, it's very hard to open a successful server "such as" LS-RP, because of the time it takes and the knowledge you need to create such professional images. (their PHP web panel, etc. is just awesome) I have wanted to try it since I started scripting but I just can't bring myself to attempt it because I know how hard it is to make it work, and find decent, reliable people. I guess with money it'd be a little bit easier but there's not point throwing money into something like this nowadays.
I've tried throwing in hundreds of bucks into something like this and all I got was little kids trying to ruin my server and failing to do the job right. So not even that solves the issue. You pretty much got to learn the things yourself or find solutions around it.

David_Waters
02/06/2011, 04:49 AM
At times like these, Google can basically be your best friend.

Famalamalam
02/06/2011, 01:59 PM
I'm not saying LS-RP is non-rp, if you read my post properly I was meaning that it has gone downhill since the earlier days of it. Don't get me wrong, it's probably still the best role-playing server on SA-MP by a long shot. Never played PR-RP heard of it's reputation though and I'd rather not.

EDIT: Going to play LS-RP now actually, if I can remember my old account details 8-)

Deskoft
02/06/2011, 09:06 PM
I must admit nowadays LS-RP and C-RP are the only servers where you can say "great, a strict server", although i'm trying to make a "hardcore" roleplay server, playing in LS-RP is quite motivational, as it's currently one of the best strict roleplay servers. A year ago we had Professional Roleplay, Advanced Roleplayers (the clan) and some other servers I don't remember.
To create a succefull server, you first need a crew, by experience, a lone wolf won't do anything.
As someone said, spamming a new member with "Hi, welcome to my server! want a tour?" is very nice, but nooby. Let them ask for help, and then the helpers or admins should be clear and precise.
The community and the admins are also a important part to make a succefull server.
Banning / Firing a Admin or member (when you have low members) can be a hard task, but you should not be scared to do so, when hiring a admin, always talk with the whole team, helpers, admins. etc.
Atleast I try to do this, this is what you need, apart from a good website (attractive to members, mainly LS-RP's treasure) and a good script (C-RP's treasure, aswell).

Hudgens
02/06/2011, 11:43 PM
The amount of released RP game modes is killing the RP here on SA-MP. Everyone is using the same gamemode, making it so boring. Even though the admin team is fine, the features are stupid and as anything else. No RP server is unique these days, none. It's all the same, the same commands, same factions, same rules, etcetera.

iFriSki
03/06/2011, 12:21 AM
The amount of released RP game modes is killing the RP here on SA-MP. Everyone is using the same gamemode, making it so boring. Even though the admin team is fine, the features are stupid and as anything else. No RP server is unique these days, none. It's all the same, the same commands, same factions, same rules, etcetera.
If you haven't noticed, the majority of SA:MP players would rather play on one of those scripts. They want to be able to go in-game and already know how the server functions.

Anarkien
03/06/2011, 04:43 AM
If you haven't noticed, the majority of SA:MP players would rather play on one of those scripts. They want to be able to go in-game and already know how the server functions.

True enough, however an hardcore / strict RP server isn't something for the majority of SAMP :).

Kwarde
03/06/2011, 06:29 AM
Everyone is using the same gamemode, making it so boring.
That's why I'm making a new one, what I won't release :D

lawonama
03/06/2011, 02:53 PM
You can't make a Professional Roleplay. Because everyone plays games, uses the computer, goes to the WC, Use bus (IRL). But no one does anyone of them IRL. There is not such a Love or Hate in game. You are not afraid of getting killed of robbed. You think "Im lucky i don't have anything with me, i spawn at the hospital later.". In Sa-Mp you can't make a Hard-Core roleplay.

Deskoft
03/06/2011, 02:56 PM
You can't make a Professional Roleplay. Because everyone plays games, uses the computer, goes to the WC, Use bus (IRL). But no one does anyone of them IRL. There is not such a Love or Hate in game. You are not afraid of getting killed of robbed. You think "Im lucky i don't have anything with me, i spawn at the hospital later.". In Sa-Mp you can't make a Hard-Core roleplay.

I must disagree about the last part, you can make them be scared, what if you liquidate all their money (hand money and 50% of bank money), and a waiting time at the hospital, let's say 15 minutes. You can make them be scared.

Famalamalam
03/06/2011, 03:18 PM
I must disagree about the last part, you can make them be scared, what if you liquidate all their money (hand money and 50% of bank money), and a waiting time at the hospital, let's say 15 minutes. You can make them be scared.

Then they would be bored and probably leave the server and never come back, lol.

Anarkien
03/06/2011, 03:28 PM
Well, I guess we all got different opinions and definitions when it comes to "hardcore RP";
- I wouldn't spend hours and hours on a bus getting from point A to point B just because it takes a couple of hours to get somewhere on a bus in Norway. I would rather take a car, and drive somewhat RPish.
- I wouldn't work for hours every day on a server where you get $10 an hour in a job, and then have to pay $200,000 for an house, just because it's realistic.

Real life is way too complex for any server or script to handle, and I assume we could all agree that no one would spend hours playing a game where you don't advance. The game must be both fun, and somewhat as realistic as you can get it - at the same time.

And btw, what the heck is a "professionally trained admin team"? I've never seen people being trained to become professional administrators, at least not on SA:MP.

Kwarde
03/06/2011, 03:48 PM
Hooah someone who understands it. I have already thought about this and this'll be implented. If you don't eat enough, you'll loose health. When you haven't eaten enough you'll pass out and you should wait for someone to see you and call 911 (within 15 minutes. You can also just do /killme if you don't wanna wait. The waittime can cause players to leave, if they're not good roleplayers.). Also, when you eat, an integer will increase with +1: "ToiletNeeded" (:P). When that one is 200, you should go to the toilet. When it's 205 or higher, every 5 minutes you'll loose some health, because you'll have stomach ache. As I said before, this one'll be advanced, and that's the reason why it's gonna take MUCH time (I am already busy for a LONG time, with last a virus, which causes to start over. (CENSORED)).

And btw, what the heck is a "professionally trained admin team"? I've never seen people being trained to become professional administrators, at least not on SA:MP.
+1. You can't train admins. They are good or not good. In my eyes, good admins are:
* Friendly
* Listen good
* Can roleplay and help players (which means I'm not always good. When I am really roleplaying, I won't help people.)
* Keeping an eye for hackers frequently
* GOOD English-speaking people
I only suck at the 3rd one. When I am roleplaying and someone PM's (goddamned PM XD) me with "Can I...{*}", I mostly ignore it. Only if someone's stuck (we currently have Raven's Roleplay) I'll help that one immediately.

emer720
04/06/2011, 02:27 AM
I must say I am a hardcore RP'er and im in the works of making a RP server like that but I do need some more scripters.

Calgon
04/06/2011, 02:40 AM

They wouldn't be scared, they'd just leave. Remember, SA-MP isn't a Nazi Concentration Camp - it's a game!

You can't train admins

That's wrong. You can't "professionally train admins," because there is no such thing as a "professional admin" in SA-MP unless they're paid to do their job (http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=define+professional&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-GB:official&client=firefox-a).

Not everyone is able to admin, some servers require you to deal with complete newbies to the game, which obviously requires patience and an understanding of how SA-MP and the script in use works - which you would (as some form of community staff) "train" an admin to use their tools correctly.

Deskoft
04/06/2011, 03:19 AM
They wouldn't be scared, they'd just leave. Remember, SA-MP isn't a Nazi Concentration Camp - it's a game!

That's wrong. You can't "professionally train admins," because there is no such thing as a "professional admin" in SA-MP unless they're paid to do their job (http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=define+professional&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-GB:official&client=firefox-a).

Not everyone is able to admin, some servers require you to deal with complete newbies to the game, which obviously requires patience and an understanding of how SA-MP and the script in use works - which you would (as some form of community staff) "train" an admin to use their tools correctly.

Well, I must agree some will leave, that's impossible to stop. Well, yeah I had the time wrong kinda, 5 minutes in the hospital, which "should" have a nicely mapped interior. It's boring, but won't be like... you can't do anything. About liquidating the money, 50% is a good idea, making it something that nobody wants to have. That will make rich people to have bodyguards aswell, and criminals planning their robberies in a more advanced way.

About training admins, that's stupid, it's supposed that your admins are persons that have strong knowledge of the server, and that have been a very long time in the staff as helpers, moderators and other positions, that will make their knowledge very solid, making the training useless at a point, as they already know what to do.

Only a briefing, as you said would do it, on how to use the NEW tools.

Calgon
04/06/2011, 03:25 AM
Well, I must agree some will leave, that's impossible to stop. Well, yeah I had the time wrong kinda, 5 minutes in the hospital, which "should" have a nicely mapped interior. It's boring, but won't be like... you can't do anything. About liquidating the money, 50% is a good idea, making it something that nobody wants to have. That will make rich people to have bodyguards aswell, and criminals planning their robberies in a more advanced way.

About training admins, that's stupid, it's supposed that your admins are persons that have strong knowledge of the server, and that have been a very long time in the staff as helpers, moderators and other positions, that will make their knowledge very solid, making the training useless at a point, as they already know what to do.

Only a briefing, as you said would do it, on how to use the NEW tools.

Yes, that's what I mean by "training," same thing.

Famalamalam
04/06/2011, 03:31 AM
Continental Roleplay is a really good server for roleplay, small community but very professional and good RP. I just checked it out today, the script is awesome.

David_Waters
04/06/2011, 03:33 AM
Continental Roleplay is a really good server for roleplay, small community but very professional and good RP. I just checked it out today, the script is awesome.

I lol'd so hard. They have applications for gangs. "Minimum of 10 words".

Famalamalam
04/06/2011, 03:57 AM
I'm sorry I seemed to have missed your point?

RealCop228
04/06/2011, 03:59 AM
I know of only one server which has actual true role play now. It meets many, if not all, of the requirements you have stated on the main thread as well. You want to know the name of the server? Check my signature...

Famalamalam
04/06/2011, 04:01 AM
I know of only one server which has actual true role play now. It meets many, if not all, of the requirements you have stated on the main thread as well. You want to know the name of the server? Check my signature...

Shameless self promotion, I like it. :clucker:

For real though, I checked your website out before, looks nice. Maybe if I get some time tomorrow I'll drop in the server.

EDIT: Hm, I seem to have missed the gallery before. Looks like you have some really nice shit in there, I shall definitely have a look in.

RealCop228
04/06/2011, 04:06 AM
Shameless self promotion, I like it. :clucker:

For real though, I checked your website out before, looks nice. Maybe if I get some time tomorrow I'll drop in the server.

:) I'm not advertising, but the whole point of this thread, I thought, was to point out real role play servers. Ones with decent systems, administrators and ways to experience decent role play. Actually, the server has true potential and I am hoping it rises to the top just like San Andreas/Next Generation role play did. I can see how Los Santos Role Play did, considering their admin team is decent, the atmosphere is nice, and the overall community is quite friendly.

By the way, if you check out the server don't leave in 10 seconds. Please, explore the script and get a job. Work with the job for an hour (until you are paid). Depending on the vehicles available, you could already purchase one and be well on your way making money and a name for yourself. You may find me in game as "Russell Rhodes". For those who want to know, I am Chief of Police. If you decide not to stay, fine, that's your decision. Anyways... have fun!

Famalamalam
04/06/2011, 04:13 AM
No, it looks like my kind of server. I just wonder sometimes if I still have it in me to RP, or whether I should just stick to the coding. Only time will tell.

RealCop228
04/06/2011, 04:16 AM
No, it looks like my kind of server. I just wonder sometimes if I still have it in me to RP, or whether I should just stick to the coding. Only time will tell.

I am always trying to be online. I still make time for coding though and enjoy it too.

Swiftz
04/06/2011, 04:22 AM
Wth?? If the game is much about same as Reallife what's the point in playing? PPl who get bored with stuff in reallife play games or any thing, xD ,

Kwarde
04/06/2011, 05:13 AM
That's wrong.
Sorry, I meant that you can't train them to what I think good admins are (friendly etc.). If someone's mostly kinda ehm, not friendly, I can't change that. I ever tried it, but without success.

p.s.
You just quoted (I saw it for the first time) one of my favourite moments of the IT Crowd. That looks like me, because I always go to google, even if my little sister's making homework and asks for something :P (We couldn't find the answers)

Calgon
04/06/2011, 05:14 AM
:) I'm not advertising, but the whole point of this thread, I thought, was to point out real role play servers. Ones with decent systems, administrators and ways to experience decent role play. Actually, the server has true potential and I am hoping it rises to the top just like San Andreas/Next Generation role play did. I can see how Los Santos Role Play did, considering their admin team is decent, the atmosphere is nice, and the overall community is quite friendly.

By the way, if you check out the server don't leave in 10 seconds. Please, explore the script and get a job. Work with the job for an hour (until you are paid). Depending on the vehicles available, you could already purchase one and be well on your way making money and a name for yourself. You may find me in game as "Russell Rhodes". For those who want to know, I am Chief of Police. If you decide not to stay, fine, that's your decision. Anyways... have fun!

LS-RP was started when the notable players joined SA-MP which collectively formed their community. An RP community that has a decent user friendly and simple script will get far, but if you have the complete inverse of that you have no chance *hint hint*

Firzendxiw
04/06/2011, 05:45 AM
Seriously why cant people start making different things instead of Roleplay, Seriously there are heaps of them.

Kwarde
04/06/2011, 05:50 AM
Maybe because alot people suck at things like racing or DM?
I was ever good in deathmatching, but since the divorce of my parents I use a notebook (when I'm at my father I can also go doing stuff on the notebook. And on the notebook, I'm not quite good with DM'ing

emer720
04/06/2011, 06:24 AM
fam im lookin for coders

RealCop228
04/06/2011, 05:15 PM
LS-RP was started when the notable players joined SA-MP which collectively formed their community. An RP community that has a decent user friendly and simple script will get far, but if you have the complete inverse of that you have no chance *hint hint*

I have nothing against LS-RP to be honest with you. I disagree with your point about the "simple and user friendly" script. It just doesn't make sense, the only reason that is true is because people are too lazy to learn new systems.

Calgon
04/06/2011, 05:26 PM
I have nothing against LS-RP to be honest with you. I disagree with your point about the "simple and user friendly" script. It just doesn't make sense, the only reason that is true is because people are too lazy to learn new systems.

Never said you did - but SA-MP began to become what it is at around the time LS-RP was formed, which is why they've gotten so far.

And yes, I suppose that's right - but you need to dumb features down for players to learn "new systems."

Deskoft
04/06/2011, 06:14 PM
Seriously why cant people start making different things instead of Roleplay, Seriously there are heaps of them.

because roleplaying is fun, MTA has the perfect racing system, and deathmatching too, while sa-mp's main feature is roleplaying.

RealCop228
04/06/2011, 07:16 PM
Never said you did - but SA-MP began to become what it is at around the time LS-RP was formed, which is why they've gotten so far.

And yes, I suppose that's right - but you need to dumb features down for players to learn "new systems."

I suppose so. I closed Relentless Gaming (past community) because I felt that creating another role play server was pointless. I didn't want to compete against Hostile Core (considering my IG position), nor did I want to compete against LS-RP. Either way, LS-RP and HC-RP are both good communities. LS-RP will always have their player base, where as HC-RP will most likely always have a small amount of players (which is sad, considering the amount of work put into the script).

mafiapanda
05/06/2011, 03:05 AM
I made a thread just like yours a few months ago, wanted to change the current roleplay on sa-mp too.
So i bought a scripter, and started to create a system.
The system is currently pretty advanced, inclusive a lot of features.

I pretty much sat down, brainstormed, and wrote in big letters "Realistic" and now we came so far to a beta.
I bought a website, forum, scripter, hosted tab, and pretty much everything which is going to be needed.

If you are interested, you can have a look on www.b-rp.com or www.forum.b-rp.com or even just join the server on server.b-rp.com

I know this seems like an advert, but well, i had the same thoughts as you.

The player-base might scare you off, but don't let it do, we still have some great role-playing moments.

Hristijan Mijovski
07/09/2011, 07:20 PM
Here are some reasons why the new servers of sa:mp are stupid!

1.Admins are just thinking they can own everything, and they are not care about the players(if they need help, if someone is cheating etc...etc...)
2.Most of the people don't know how to RP.....They are always Meta Gaming, Ass Pulling or chicken running if someone shoots them.
3.Everyone is using the same script, with /number, and they want the players to play RP ! 99,9% from the players are using /number to find someones number....They should make a script such as C-RP(that't why I like the server!).....You should buy a phone, then SIM card, and then credit to /call someone......!
4.The moderators are making the Illegal stuffs better.....In Real Life, everyone is using Legal job, such as Lawyer or Detective....They are not using Arms Dealer or Drug Dealer......They need to make the Legal jobs more payed.....!

The best servers for me:
C-RP
US-RP
Red County Role Play !

seanny
07/09/2011, 07:44 PM
Yea, Well I have to Admit, My Server uses a GF Script, But I am editing it, And Soon will replace the /number System with a Sim Card system like the C-RP Uses

X3nZ
07/09/2011, 07:44 PM
I saw stuff about the RP Names..

Well, here is the problem, IRL, You don't have the name of [ASS]BearShittingSquad, it's not possible, you have a Forename, Middle Name, Surname, some people doesn't have a middle but anyways to the point, your simulating real life actions and all that, so when a cop pulls you over, you say, my name is John Doe sir, not 1337killer69 or someshit like that. IMO RP name's are a must for an RP server.

On topic, I agree with your thread, I'm currently developing a server, I've editted a script and started scratch, don't have much done, but it'll be done before too long, I'm going to try to make it as best as I can.

+1 For the Topic.

seanny
07/09/2011, 07:55 PM
@Disturbed - I completly Agree with your Point, Players that play on RP servers Must have a Firstname_Lastname Format, Middle name is Completly Optional But not Fully Needed, Here is My SAMP RP Name: Sean_Mcelholm (Nobody Dare Use it!)

I think that Admins should Use RP Names aswell, Even if their on Duty, Just have an Admin Duty System so that players can know they are on duty, Servers that the Admins have Names like: Swagger Or Smasher is the Types of Names I hate Admins Having

Haydn
07/09/2011, 08:15 PM
Some godfathers have been edited so much that all of the traces of godfather have been removed. Just saying.

When most people think of SA-MP they think of Roleplay. Why? Well, Look at the servers.

HostName: Continental Role Play
Address: 78.129.221.58:7792
Players: 44 / 75
Ping: 177
Mode: RolePlay
Map: Los Santos

HostName: BioniX Gaming: Drift/DM/Freeroam/Fun.
Address: 78.129.221.58:7809
Players: 11 / 100
Ping: 163
Mode: BioniX™ (FR/Race/DM)
Map: San Andreas

HostName: Zombie Outbreak: Team Deathmatch (0.3c)
Address: 94.76.213.58:1337
Players: 8 / 50
Ping: 137
Mode: ZO-TDM 3.3
Map: ZO-TDM

HostName: IBP Role Play | www.ibp-rp.com [0.3c]
Address: 46.4.134.245:7777
Players: 33 / 100
Ping: 209
Mode: IBP:RP v2.5.3

HostName: Liberty-Reallife.de | German Reallife
Address: 85.131.163.4:7777
Players: 45 / 373
Ping: 182
Mode: L-R German Reallife V. 1.8.0c
Map: San Andreas

HostName: Simple Life Roleplay
Address: 173.234.163.201:7777
Players: 8 / 40
Ping: 152
Mode: SLRP v1.1

Now, I am in no way advertising. But look, 4 RP servers with 2 other servers. RP dominates.

seanny
07/09/2011, 08:35 PM
I have seen some GF Scripts Which have been Edited like Valhalla, But most GFs use the same edit of it.

XGh0stz
07/09/2011, 08:42 PM
Roleplay Format Player Names:
I don't agree with how most RP Servers enforce this on thier players because a Player's Alias is describing whoever is behind the screen (OOC), not the character they create (IC). And then punish players who use/know the others name because it's simply displayed for them of course. So why not just ask each player at registration for the First, Middle & Last name in order to keep it secret from everyone? Then simply eliminate Symbols & Numbers from being used in thier Alias (If nessecary). Now the only use I can think of for First_Last is making the server's player base look more professional, but in my opnion it just makes the server seem extremely strict (Like Uniform Requirement). Besides, a name will never determine if the player can RP or not: XGh0stz can RP far better than Jackson_Redstone (For Example I mean)

Questionares:
I most certainly don't agree with this, I'm a RPer but in some cases I fail these tests. Sometimes I just rush through this in attempt to get on with the gaming & miss a question resulting in automatic rejection. Or I come across some question like 'What's the scam limit on this server?' & simply miss it because there's no way to look this information up until already registered (Passed the Test). Then I've even come across some questions which give 2 reasonable answers, yet expect you to choose the answer they're looking for. So in conclusion, I've been rejected due to not passing the questionare, but considered a great RPer (Judging by what others have told me) with good personality, yet I bet DMers & Non-RPers manage to get pass that questionare anyways...

Overall:
I guess it's alright if you're looking for these real strict RP Servers, but I'll never understand why anyone would join these types. Seems to be more focus on work then actual gameplay in my opnion, but whatever floats your boat I suppose. LS-RP, keeps me at bay because of the amount of work it takes just to be permitted, but I bet anything that there are still DMers, Non-RPers or at least Meta & Power Gamers, so what's the point? I believe it's the script that should enforce the RP if it really matters that much instead of putting the players through non-sense, but that is just my opnion of course & why I intend to create something completely diffirent, yet still true RP

seanny
07/09/2011, 08:46 PM
LS-RP May have MGer and PGers, But Who Cares, You could just press F8 and send complaint on their forums, and Wallah....Admin Jail for them.

Detective-
07/09/2011, 10:21 PM
IBP:RP or LS-RP are good roleplay servers.

Jack_Leslie
07/09/2011, 11:46 PM
I haven't seen one good Roleplay server. All the Roleplay servers I've seen, have cocky ass owners and admins who don't care about the players, unless those players have been in it from the start. I haven't seen one community that gives new players a chance. I call every "Roleplay Server" a community because it's not all just about jumping in-game and roleplaying, it's also about the community, but I haven't seen one server that cares about every single one of their players.

RealCop228
07/09/2011, 11:47 PM
Hostile Core Role Play, it has existed for a couple years now...

http://hostilecore.net or http://hostilecore.net/forum

=WoR=G4M3Ov3r
07/09/2011, 11:57 PM
There are 4500 servers, 4000 of em are RP, 3930 of em are GF edits, 70 of em are Unique.

Welcome to SA-MP !

Jack_Leslie
07/09/2011, 11:59 PM
There are 4500 servers, 4000 of em are RP, 3930 of em are GF edits, 70 of em are Unique.

Welcome to SA-MP !

Well said!

Gareth
08/09/2011, 06:35 AM
Its a really great idea no doubt about that

Macluawn
08/09/2011, 12:46 PM
+1. You can't train admins. They are good or not good. In my eyes, good admins are:
* Friendly
* Listen good
* Can roleplay and help players (which means I'm not always good. When I am really roleplaying, I won't help people.)
* Keeping an eye for hackers frequently
* GOOD English-speaking people
I only suck at the 3rd one. When I am roleplaying and someone PM's (goddamned PM XD) me with "Can I...{*}", I mostly ignore it. Only if someone's stuck (we currently have Raven's Roleplay) I'll help that one immediately.

Good admins can multitask - answer questions or doing some some minor administration while roleplaying.

Supercop
08/09/2011, 01:29 PM
Good admins can multitask - answer questions or doing some some minor administration while roleplaying.

I think he's talking about spectating posible rulebreakers. I mostly do PM's and regular requests during roleplay, reports that need spectating or /goto I won't handle, unless It's urgent (hacker or a rulebreaker) and no other admin is present to do the task.

Cruvenx
08/09/2011, 02:19 PM
I love roleplay server's :) I am a scripter too.

Oh
15/09/2011, 06:28 PM
I'd look into Epic Roleplay, no other server will be anywhere closer to how realistic they are.

Project has been worked on for about two years now everything is to complicated to explain, I can't share what they have due to kids on the sa-mp forums are gonna be like "OMG GUD IDEA SCRIPTZ" let's just say it's going to change sa-mp roleplaying, that is if you know how to roleplay.

Read more up about what I posted here :
http://forum.sa-mp.com/showthread.php?t=276332&highlight=Epic+Roleplay

I'm just a beta tester.

joef360
23/12/2011, 07:54 PM
SA-mp is a good one, admins are fair and people who don't follow the rules are jailed then banned

Ironboy
23/12/2011, 08:25 PM
SA-mp is a good one, admins are fair and people who don't follow the rules are jailed then banned

You are talking about SA-MP forum or server? ^^

Jarod_Shadowsong
23/12/2011, 09:34 PM
There are many servers capable to maintain a good RP level with most of the things written on main thread.
But I really don't understan what do you mean by " Real economy " .

Economy at a roleplay server is an IC matter. That means it's up to the leading faction to decide how it works.
You can't name an economy ' non - rp ' as it's modified and maintained IC'ly .

Plus this : " Knowledgeable and professional players. "

A roleplayer is not born a professional roleplayer. We were all noobs once.
Imagine what would you be if the server which taught you how to RP, had rejected you from your very first login.

A good server oughts to train the players it has. Not to wait for a good RPers rain to fill the slots.

You don't have to agree with what I say above anyway, it's just the way I am thinking

I'd look into Epic Roleplay, no other server will be anywhere closer to how realistic they are.

I'm just a beta tester.

How can be so sure when you haven't tried even the 10 percent of the RP servers on the samp client list.
It is clearly a personal advertisment, and it's so unfair to judge all the remaining RP servers, that you
don't even know about their existance, or their content.

prisonliferp
24/12/2011, 06:13 PM
Mate, the making of the script is not hard at all..
-It's the part with the players, I'm running a prison RP Server and sometimes.. It just get's thrown out of hands, we got rules, we are giving ajails out but players simply iggnore it..

-It's an AWESOME idea but it'll be hard getting players to follow these rules...

Jarod: I agree with you, NO ONE is born a professional roleplay.. My own server got like.. 30-40% Noobs, but we are putting ALOT into getting them suited up 'n trained

Finn
24/12/2011, 07:01 PM
How can be so sure when you haven't tried even the 10 percent of the RP servers on the samp client list.
It is clearly a personal advertisment, and it's so unfair to judge all the remaining RP servers, that you
don't even know about their existance, or their content.
I have been in most of the biggest or 'most notable' RP servers and none of them have really impressed me as much as the feature list Epic Roleplay had in the advertisement. I never got to test the server though, so I can't really say if it's good or not.

Joker!
24/12/2011, 07:21 PM
/support