PDA

View Full Version : "Strict RolePlay" (reallife server) is not RP ?? :')

Kwarde
20/06/2011, 04:54 AM
Hi.
Servers whom are using scores (levels), and call theirselves "Strict RP", or even worse, a "reallife server" are not RP ;)
Since when does your life has scores and since when should you have minimal atleast score {score} to get a job? - Your age should depend on that, and how smart you are, also how much times you've been in jail (eg. in reallife you can't do the fightsport "Krav Maga" if you've ever been in jail). Levels shouldn't decide this if you have a "Strict RP" / "RealLife server". With Strict RP it's not even that worse, it's just with strict RULES, actually. But reallife servers? I've seen a reallife server which said "You need level {a_level} to do {that}". What? The guys of NetwerkVSP (the guys whom I'm working for, folders) didn't ask "What is your level?". So I guess that the level system is actually a big fail for reallife servers. Who does agree? (poll).

Regards,
Kevin

p.s.
Screen of a roleplay server
http://uploader.rl-rp.com/Images/94.215.102.214_915141948_sa-mp-008.png (http://uploader.rl-rp.com/)
Can you automatically be removed from a vehicle while no-one is there? And do you need level 2 in reallife to get guns? I don't think so :P

Stefan_Merce
20/06/2011, 06:55 AM
yea that is stupid some server u need lvl 2 to buy a car and level 16 to buy a house or less

Krx17
20/06/2011, 07:09 AM
It was made to prevent people from creating multiple accounts, atleast most of what applies to money. I tried a system where experience(age etc) was used instead of levels, but the problem is people that populate your server usually like the idea, but don't ever care.

freshOrange
20/06/2011, 07:14 AM
About the guns from lvl2, it's for fucking safety, do you want that random noobs come in with lvl1 and start to DM? i don't think so.

About the cop car, how the fuck you could restrict random noobs from entering the car and doing shit with it?

Idiot.

Rysoku
20/06/2011, 07:18 AM
About the guns from lvl2, it's for fucking safety, do you want that random noobs come in with lvl1 and start to DM? i don't think so.

About the cop car, how the fuck you could restrict random noobs from entering the car and doing shit with it?

Idiot.

That's why we have people called 'administrators'.

X3nZ
20/06/2011, 07:29 AM
Although its just a game... I don't really care.

But yes.. I do agree.

Miralem
20/06/2011, 08:54 AM
RCRP has such things, and their server is always full so much that you must wait 1h to just connect onto it

Kwarde
20/06/2011, 02:31 PM
However, I'm busy with a roleplay gamemode (yes, another RP server xD) which won't use levels. To prevent DM and such from newbies, you need alot of money. This is hard to get: You can do jobs (where you don't need other players for, such as taxi's), and guns are expensive ;) - When you register, no questions (what is MG etc.), and no tutorial (unless if you use /tutorial). The first thing you should do is get a hotel room, every time you login you must pay etc, but no need to sleep on street. I'm trying to make a pro/strict-RP script, because I like that :P. For suggestions PM me or something, but not here (Sorry for going Off-Topic).

Regards,
Kevin

Ivan_Pantovic
21/06/2011, 02:56 PM
RP server is never meant to be like real life.
RolePlay - playing by the roles.
That's why there is /me attempts to kick you.
/do s/f
/do f, i block your kick with my hand...
IRL things wouldn't go like that, but that is role playing.

Kwarde
21/06/2011, 02:57 PM
Indeed, that's why I also mentioned the 'reallife' instead of 'strict RP'. A roleplay is actually already a roleplay server if you only have one skin -eg. a gangster- and play like that. That's all you need for roleplay ;)

Zh3r0
21/06/2011, 02:59 PM
I think this is the best you can get on a virtual machine, you can't just simply make a server and let people have the fun depending on their age, that lameass! That's why you need a score, a level system, so they can grow in-game.

RealCop228
21/06/2011, 03:09 PM
I began role playing at Los Santos Role Play, so you could imagine how quickly I picked things up. I knew some parts of their level system were to help, but it really just annoyed me. I can't be online 24/7 like the kids that play can, therefore my level doesn't increase very quickly (or even get closer to increasing). It has taken me months to achieve level 4 (in which you can apply to be a police officer), but suddenly I have lost interest in LS-RP.

Hostile Core is one server which doesn't have a level system, nor plans to have one in the future as far as I'm concerned. It is a lot easier to get a gun on the server due to this, however most people either hack a gun or don't get one at all and just role play. So for those of you saying that levels are an important "safety feature," you're wrong.

Kwarde
21/06/2011, 03:54 PM
I agree with RealCop. Also, about hacking weapons: You should make an anti hack system. Either make one which bans/kicks the player, or just immediate remove the hacked weapons/ammo again.

Elorreli
21/06/2011, 03:55 PM
It's there to track peoples activity, and In some cases prevent abuse.

If you're trying to tell all server that got levels are not strict or whatever you're talking bullshit.

Kwarde
21/06/2011, 04:01 PM
How can you track activity with score/levels? -.-". You should use something that send messages to admins, or just spectate. And about the abuse: If an 'abuser' has level 1 and he need level 2 for weapons; He won't change his mind if he reaches level 2 (if he didn't left yet). Also, a good reallife server shouldn't give much money for something small (some gamemodes have that) so that they get alot of money for guns. And prices sometimes sucks too: A single pizza, $500 o_O

justsomeguy
21/06/2011, 04:34 PM
Well to be honest i've never walked into a store to buy an mobile phone, and the guy would be saying:
"You are not in a high enough level"
In my server we wont use a level system because we are making a server that follows every single aspect of reallife.:)

As for the above post:
Much servers have those things like:
Pizza $200
Coke $250
Mobile phone $1000
(RCRP HAS THIS!)Briefcase $3750
How realistic is that?

Kwarde
21/06/2011, 04:37 PM
Well to be honest i've never walked into a store to buy an mobile phone, and the guy would be saying:
"You are not in a high enough level"
In my server we wont use a level system because we are making a server that follows every single aspect of reallife.:)
Which means we will be concurrents. I am doing the same. However, does your gamemode include a toilet system? - Mine does xD

justsomeguy
21/06/2011, 04:45 PM
Holy shit dude, how do you make that stuffXD(I'm not a very great scripter(Getting help though)).

I got also some great ideas wich i wont tell right here where everyone can steal them.

A tip:
"Doc when can i walk without this cane again?"

Kwarde
21/06/2011, 04:45 PM
I won't go futher off-topic, I am now gonna send you a personal message or public profile message.

p.s.
If you're not a very good scripter, I wouldn't immediate make a roleplay gamemode if I was you. Try first making a freeroam gamemode with a house system and such, and then make more RP stuff.

RealCop228
21/06/2011, 05:29 PM
A lot of servers ruin their economy by pricing things outrageously (i.e. $1,000,000 for an Infernus).

Ivan_Pantovic
21/06/2011, 06:04 PM
It wouldn't be fun if economy was realistic - 10-30$ per payday (1h of working) and 20k for a city car - how many hours would you need for it....

RealCop228
21/06/2011, 07:10 PM
It wouldn't be fun if economy was realistic - 10-30$ per payday (1h of working) and 20k for a city car - how many hours would you need for it....

You would end up being paid $10 every in-game hour, which is every minute. You would then multiply 60 minutes, times 10 dollars and it comes out to be $600 even (which is similar to how Hostile Core does it). When you go to purchase a vehicle, it comes out to be under $10,000 for just a normal vehicle instead of a sports car. At Hostile Core, I paid $19,000 for a Buffalo, whereas other servers charge $60,000+ for a Buffalo.

Elorreli
21/06/2011, 07:13 PM
How can you track activity with score/levels? -.-". You should use something that send messages to admins, or just spectate. And about the abuse: If an 'abuser' has level 1 and he need level 2 for weapons; He won't change his mind if he reaches level 2 (if he didn't left yet). Also, a good reallife server shouldn't give much money for something small (some gamemodes have that) so that they get alot of money for guns. And prices sometimes sucks too: A single pizza, $500 o_O

As said, we don't have any level restrictions, we just got it to track actvitiy, and the fact that I hate so see a lot of 0's.

jameskmonger
21/06/2011, 07:31 PM

About the cop car, how the fuck you could restrict random noobs from entering the car and doing shit with it

1) Make guns worth a lot, with slow money earning.
2) Engines.

RealCop228
21/06/2011, 07:40 PM

Idiot.

You prevent death-matching by having a reliable administration team. You prevent people from entering vehicles by using this (http://wiki.sa-mp.com/wiki/SetVehicleParamsForPlayer) function to begin with.

justsomeguy
21/06/2011, 08:24 PM
If you're not a very good scripter, I wouldn't immediate make a roleplay gamemode if I was you. Try first making a freeroam gamemode with a house system and such, and then make more RP stuff.

Yes but i know alot of good scripters that usualy helps me out by explaining how stuff works etc. etc. etc..

OT:
Oke i see people tlaking about economie and stuff sow here mine opinion about it:
Realcop is right prices should stay normal, i whent back to RCRP today and bought a pack of ciggarettes(20 cig's in one pack) For $200 :|
Cars like hustlers costs 1.1milion dollars, and others even more, how is that realistic?
Also in RL(atleast here in Holland) you dont have to pay sow much for a fishing permit(There it was ~$500).

As for people who think noobs will dm if you can have guns at any level:
Make hem as expansive as they are in real life.
As for the cars:
If they dont have an license they dont know how to controll it?(When using an manual gearbox they get alot of trouble shifting and they will ride almost impossible).
Lock them?

iFriSki
22/06/2011, 12:37 AM
Level is obviously there for multiple reasons. It helps display to newbies (new players) who probably know what they're doing as they've obviously been there awhile. When reports come in from a new player upon a veteran for hacks, I investigate it the moment I can without disrupting a scene. If a veteran reports a new player for hacking or something similar, I'm going to get to it as soon as possible.

I try to get to know everyone on our server as well as I can, but due to timezone differences, it can become quite difficult. There are a few players I rarely see and don't know, but with a quick tap with tab I can usually see if they're willing to help me demonstrate to a new player a few scenarios, or possibly see if they want to give them a tour & tell them about the server.

Level should be, and is irrelevant to the role-playing experience (role playing, not real life) as it is an out of character mark.

In short, score is practically a prestige item that anyone can earn.

EDIT:

I see a lot of you are talking about having a realistic economy in a role-playing server. Usually high amounts are to draw in players as a lot of players like the idea of having $10,000 upon spawning, compared to $300. A lot of people are unable to comprehend scales. What I'm saying is, $300 to, for example, our server may equal $1,000,000 in Redgies.

Preventing new players from having weapons is a bit moronic, but it's understandable. Most people will just leave if they can't go in game, buy a weapon, and get the thrill of breaking the rules off the bat.

Mark_Weston
22/06/2011, 01:44 AM
You see, its a win-win situation.
So its a really hard question and up-to the players.
If they want levels or not.

Deskoft
22/06/2011, 04:12 AM
It shouldn't be called script roleplay, but multiplayer simulation. But if you don't include the word 'Roleplay' in your hostname ironically no one will join (or only Deathmatchers will)

Miralem
22/06/2011, 12:22 PM
Yes but i know alot of good scripters that usualy helps me out by explaining how stuff works etc. etc. etc..

OT:
Oke i see people tlaking about economie and stuff sow here mine opinion about it:
Realcop is right prices should stay normal, i whent back to RCRP today and bought a pack of ciggarettes(20 cig's in one pack) For $200 :|
Cars like hustlers costs 1.1milion dollars, and others even more, how is that realistic?
Also in RL(atleast here in Holland) you dont have to pay sow much for a fishing permit(There it was ~$500).

As for people who think noobs will dm if you can have guns at any level:
Make hem as expansive as they are in real life.
As for the cars:
If they dont have an license they dont know how to controll it?(When using an manual gearbox they get alot of trouble shifting and they will ride almost impossible).
Lock them?

Well, RC-RP had a good ecnomy at the start, but they, kind of, messed it up with the donations, back in the old days while I was playing <Autumn 2009> you needed a lot of $ to get to the next level, like 10k to get to lvl 2 and than it was increasing by 10k until you get to lvl 10, than the money'd be doubled for the next level... Like 20k for lvl 11, 40k for lvl 12 etc.... Than they took the Experience points system witch sucked even more... And yes, donators should not recieve special in-game items, becouse if someone works their ass off for a WHOLE YEAR RPing on a server and finnally gets to buy that little barn in the woods, one newbie who played for 2 days comes and donates 100$ and gets a villa wherever he wants + A BUNDLE of cash......

And yes, level restrictions should happen, as to get people to work their asses off, but not for such a long time ( you got to spend 10 hours on RC-RP to get a job ( not enter a faction! ), that is, to earn 10 experience ( you get 1 exp. per paycheck, paychecks every hour.... ). That's why the good players left it.....

@iFriSki Yes, it should not be a thing where you have to spend something like some points that are hard-to-earn and RP money.... And level restrictions should NOT happen!

Yours sincerly
Miralem Agovic

HV-RP
22/06/2011, 01:25 PM
Level 2 for buy guns = Avoid to get DM
Can't drive a cop car = IRL can u go in a fucking car and stole a fucking car cop? NO

THAT'S IS FUCKING RP SO SHUT THE FUCK UP KID FAG ASS YOU HEARD ME?

justsomeguy
22/06/2011, 01:52 PM
Well, RC-RP had a good ecnomy at the start, but they, kind of, messed it up with the donations, back in the old days while I was playing <Autumn 2009> you needed a lot of $ to get to the next level, like 10k to get to lvl 2 and than it was increasing by 10k until you get to lvl 10, than the money'd be doubled for the next level... Like 20k for lvl 11, 40k for lvl 12 etc.... Than they took the Experience points system witch sucked even more... And yes, donators should not recieve special in-game items, becouse if someone works their ass off for a WHOLE YEAR RPing on a server and finnally gets to buy that little barn in the woods, one newbie who played for 2 days comes and donates 100$ and gets a villa wherever he wants + A BUNDLE of cash......

And yes, level restrictions should happen, as to get people to work their asses off, but not for such a long time ( you got to spend 10 hours on RC-RP to get a job ( not enter a faction! ), that is, to earn 10 experience ( you get 1 exp. per paycheck, paychecks every hour.... ). That's why the good players left it.....

@iFriSki Yes, it should not be a thing where you have to spend something like some points that are hard-to-earn and RP money.... And level restrictions should NOT happen!

Yours sincerly
Miralem Agovic

It is just sad making how a server can get messed up just because of the donators.