PDA

View Full Version : Black screen problem

Zombekas
08/03/2009, 11:54 AM
Ok, so here is the problem:

When I start SA:MP, then choose a server and connect to it. But then, I don't see a loading screen, instead there is just a black screen witha small blue thingy at the upper left corner.
If I do ctrl+alt+del and go to processes, I see that SAMP is using 50% of my cpu, but the memory usage stays the same, meaning it is not loading anything. http://img15.imageshack.us/img15/677/gtasar.jpg
If I start it singleplayer its all OK. If I start debug mode its all OK. If I do debug and connect to localhost, its all OK. But if I use the real samp and join ANY server (tried like 50 servers), it is just a black screen with no loading image.

I tried it on 2 GtaSa versions, an original one from a dvd, and a pirated ripped one. Same thing on both versions.
I have SAMP 0.2X
I deleted d3d9.dll
I use no mods/hacks
I reinstalled GTA-SA and SAMP for like 5 times.
I pointed the real gta_sa direction.

The weird thing is: it worked before, like 4 months ago. I have re-installed windows after that, and installed all drivers, directx, .net framework, installed gta-sa exactly how I did the last time.

Any help would be apreciated, thx.

Kalcor
08/03/2009, 01:08 PM
If you can launch samp_debug but not start from the SA-MP server browser, it's most likely that the GTA San Andreas path in the browser settings is incorrect. It's in the browser menu up the top under Tools > Settings > San Andreas Installation Location.

Zombekas
08/03/2009, 01:20 PM
If you can launch samp_debug but not start from the SA-MP server browser, it's most likely that the GTA San Andreas path in the browser settings is incorrect. It's in the browser menu up the top under Tools > Settings > San Andreas Installation Location.

Nope, it is located propperly. If it wouldn't, it would give an error. Also, you can see in my image that gta_sa is running. But crashed. =/

Kalcor
08/03/2009, 01:26 PM

Nope, it is located propperly. If it wouldn't, it would give an error. Also, you can see in my image that gta_sa is running. But crashed. =/

Not if you have more than 1 GTA SA install. I thought you indicated that you did. If samp_debug is able to launch the game, I see no reason why the browser couldn't. They both do the same thing.

Do you see anything before the black screen?

Zombekas
09/03/2009, 11:53 AM
I found the problem. Remember how I said I have 2 gta:sa, 1 original from the dvd and a pirated ripped one? Well, SAMP can't work on the ripped one, and I noticed that SAMP in the original GTA:SA's folder was fpinting to the ripped gta_sa.exe . That explains why debug was working but not the real connetion. Sry for the inconvenience :-[

KudiKiD
19/04/2010, 04:00 AM
i have same problem