SA-MP Forums

SA-MP Forums (http://forum.sa-mp.com/index.php)
-   Plugin Development (http://forum.sa-mp.com/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   [Plugin] Streamer Plugin (http://forum.sa-mp.com/showthread.php?t=102865)

Incognito 17/10/2009 07:18 PM

Streamer Plugin

Streamer Plugin

This plugin streams objects, pickups, checkpoints, race checkpoints, map icons, and 3D text labels at user-defined server ticks. Basic area detection is also included. Because it is written entirely in C++, much of the overhead from PAWN is avoided. This streamer, as a result, is quite a bit faster than any other implementation currently available in PAWN.

Changelog

GitHub Commit History

Refer to the CHANGES file the binary package for the full changelog.

Documentation

GitHub Wiki

Additional information can be found by searching this thread.

Download

GitHub Releases Page

The Windows version requires the Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 Redistributable Package.

Sergei 17/10/2009 07:22 PM

Re: [REL] Streamer Plugin v1.0

I love. Switching to this right away :D

I hope you release more of your awesome plugins in the future 8)

Correlli 17/10/2009 07:22 PM

Sounds interesting and useful, i'll try it out. Keep up the good work. :)

Sergei 17/10/2009 07:49 PM

Maybe it would be useful to have a native 'CountDynamicObjects' which would return value of all the objects created, oh and OnDynamicObjectMoved would be nice callback for the future ;)

I hope it won't make problems which combination zcmd + foreach + streamer because of all redefinitions:
Code:

\pawno\include\zcmd.inc(58) : warning 201: redefinition of constant/macro (symbol "OnGameModeInit")
\pawno\include\streamer.inc(75) : warning 201: redefinition of constant/macro (symbol "OnGameModeInit")
\pawno\include\streamer.inc(94) : warning 201: redefinition of constant/macro (symbol "OnPlayerConnect")
\pawno\include\streamer.inc(113) : warning 201: redefinition of constant/macro (symbol "OnPlayerDisconnect")

Incognito 17/10/2009 08:07 PM

Yes, you are right—I actually forgot to include OnDynamicObjectMoved. That will be in the next version.

About the warnings, try the latest versions of zcmd and foreach. Y_Less made some recent additions to the callback hook procedure to fix that.

[NoV]LaZ 17/10/2009 08:54 PM

[REL] Streamer Plugin v1.0

There is no source code.
Amazing plugin, though !
________
WENDIE 99

Sergei 17/10/2009 08:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Incognito
About the warnings, try the latest versions of zcmd and foreach. Y_Less made some recent additions to the callback hook procedure to fix that.

Heh, compiles without warnings now. Thanks for reminding me to update.

Anyway, I have just got another idea for a native 'CreateDynamicVWObject'. Basically like CreateDynamicObject just with virtual world parameter, so object is shown only in that virtual world. Very useful if you use the same interior for more different types of usage with custom objects.

Incognito 17/10/2009 11:29 PM

LaZ: Thanks, the link has been fixed.

$€ЯĢ: That is doable.

Sergei 17/10/2009 11:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Incognito
Right now, as I said, it just streams objects, but it is a relatively simple matter to add support for pickups, map icons, and checkpoints at a later date (vehicles are streamed automatically in 0.3, however, so they will not be added).

Good to hear this. I was just thinking about asking if you are thinking about expanding streamer's services :)

Google63 18/10/2009 12:26 AM

It will really promote your plugin and help peoples decide what streamer to use if you little tests about speed and memory...
Good streamer i guess :)