View Single Post
Old 09/01/2018, 11:17 PM   #23
Shplinx
Little Clucker

Default Re: Q: Practices for the best server administration possible?

It's always been my method while running a server to find a nice balance between laid back but also fair. I typically have been an admin at Roleplay Servers and owned a few myself.

First off, if I give a person the permission to direct a certain task (let's say Game Affairs), I typically have a hands-off approach unless something starts going wrong.
As far as lower admins, helpers, things like that, I want to make sure that they're the right fit. Generally, it's them who will be handling players the most. If the player receives poor help, they will be less inclined to come back because they will feel that your entire staff is just as useless or improfessional.

I never want to go with a hard-ass, strict style because at the end of the day, we're all playing a game. But, at the same time, I don't want to have admins that will jerk off all day and sit around with their thumbs up their asses. I want admins that will help me do what I need to do. I almost want to say that as the highest admin, I shouldn't have to tend to many issues except for ones that require my attention.

But that's just me, at the very basic level.
Shplinx is offline   Reply With Quote