SA-MP Forums

Go Back   SA-MP Forums > SA-MP > Bug Reports

Old 02/07/2012, 12:01 PM   #1
Sanguy
Little Clucker

Default Objects that glitch in water *BUG*

Now I am new here, and I think that this is the place to post this. I have noticed that when some objects, both samp objects and default objects, are submerged in water they graphically glitch the water like this example here.

Here is a volcano placed in water:
What happens in-game:
As you can see, the volcano is rendered as if the water does not exist. I also believe I have found what causes this, and since I have not seen any mention of this on these forums I shall tell the reason here. I compared all objects that had the water glitch effect, and I noticed that it only happens under one circumstance. Any object that has the "ALPHA Transparency 1" flag checked will glitch in water.

I am asking if the developers could fix this in the next version, as this is getting really annoying(I specialize in making new island landmasses and I had to make a gigantic, object-heavy coral reef to surround my island supervolcano to hide this glitch).

Last edited by Sanguy; 02/07/2012 at 01:10 PM. Reason: I spelled something wrong and it kind of got on my nerves
Sanguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/07/2012, 02:37 PM   #2
Basssiiie
High-roller

Default Re: Objects that glitch in water *BUG*

I knew it had something to do with alpha, but never looked very much into it. Anyway, would it work if you changed the texture with SetObjectMaterial or are these alpha settings model-related?
Basssiiie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/07/2012, 02:45 PM   #3
Sanguy
Little Clucker

I am not sure if changing an alpha with a non alpha texture is allowed with SetObjectMaterial. And anyways, (tho ive never released my stuff to public I usually do work for this server: [SAMP] FreeWorld =]>AwES0mE<[= [24/7](hompage is http://www.surver.smfnew.com/), I usually try to keep my scripts as simple as possible because the more complex a script is, the higher the chances are that something WILL break in it. Forcing people who want to fix this problem to use SetObjectMaterial(which may not even work) will make their scripts that much more complex and likely to break. Hence, that is why I have reported this in the hopes that it gets rectified in the next version.
Old 03/07/2012, 01:35 AM   #4
MP2
Godfather

It's a GTA: SA bug. Objects weren't designed to be under-water, so they never found this bug. Makes you wonder about the seabed etc. though?

Please do not PM me requesting help. Here you have a forum with 11,000+ active users - why are you limiting your help to one person?
MP2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/07/2012, 06:32 AM   #5
leong124
High-roller

I guess it could be an SA-MP bug. Objects added with Create(Player)Object do not have any lighting on them, i.e. if you turn on your vehicle's light, you can't see the light on the objects. However, those added by IPL files have.

There should be something missing in Create(Player)Object to be exactly the same as IPL objects, or am I misunderstood something?

Sorry for my bad English and my weakness in expressing myself.
leong124 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/07/2012, 03:15 PM   #6
Sanguy
Little Clucker

I said that only objects that have an Alpha transparency flag exhibit this glitch, so it cannot be anything to do with "not designed to be underwater." And one of the objects that displays this glitch is a dock object, which is supposed to be immersed in water(and the original works). But whenever you try to copy the same dock and add it with createobject, it wont work as it is supposed to.
Old 03/07/2012, 04:50 PM   #7
MP2
Godfather

Clearly it is that. There are no objects 'with alpha transparency' under-water in GTA: SA so Rockstar didn't find this bug.

Please do not PM me requesting help. Here you have a forum with 11,000+ active users - why are you limiting your help to one person?
MP2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/07/2012, 11:23 PM   #8
Sanguy
Little Clucker

yes there are. but if you try to ADD anything with alpha transparency YOURSELF, it doesnt work. I wonder why it only works if it was there by default