SA-MP Forums

Go Back   SA-MP Forums > SA-MP > Screenshots and Videos

Old 21/10/2016, 11:01 PM   #1
Freaksken
Huge Clucker

Default Single-player-like mission

So, I am working on a single-player-like mission. The goal is to create a mission in the style of Rockstar and GTA SA, but one that you can play with more than just 1 person.

The unfinished mission can be viewed at this YouTube link.

Recreated Single Player features:
  • Cutscenes with sound dialog and subtitles
  • Mission objective subtitles
  • Vehicles take damage from bullet weapons
  • Enemies die instantly from headshots
  • Enemies drop their weapons when they die
  • Cops with regular pistols drop nightsticks as well when they die
  • When you melee hit a cop with a regular pistol, he will switch to his nightstick and try to melee you
  • SWAT enemies have 50 health, FBI and Army has 60 and all others have 30

Additional features:
  • The skill level of the players is set to 0 for all skills (to simulate the "New Game" feel)
  • When one of your party members die, the mission ends and you get a SP-like Mission Failed screen
  • Disabled entering vehicles (driver and passenger) to keep players from venturing too far from the mission area
  • This mission can be played with 2 to 4 players. The skins they can have are CJ, Sweet, Ryder or Big Smoke. Say there are only 2 players, the skins will be CJ and Sweet, but what skin player1 and player2 get are random
  • There is a minimum of 2 players, because there will be a small teamworking section that needs more than 1 player of course
  • Various difficulties that change some parameters like NPC health, NPC accuracy, friendly fire, ... Here's an image of the normal difficulty settings:

Additional notes:
  • 20 NPCs are used during the whole mission. The NPCs get created on FS load and get destroyed on FS unload. If for some reason not all NPCs connect to the server (if the server is full, or maxnpc is reached) the mission will not be able to start and the few connected NPCs get destroyed again. In other words: There are more than 20 enemies, but the 20 ID's get reused.
  • The mission works with FCNPC and my FCNPC A.I. include.
  • There are some small bugs that I'm still working on to fix (like Ryder shooting on the car instead of on Pulaski, enemies targetting to soon, sometimes seeing the NPCs spawn, ...).
  • The mission is not finished yet, the video shows everything to about 1/3 of the final product.
  • The textdraws in the top-right will be hidden during cutscenes.
  • Killing a mission-npc will not show up in the kill-feed.

Let me know what you think.

PS: I already mentioned the video in this post, but didn't get any feedback except from ZiGGi here, so that's why I post this here in the section that is meant for things like this.

UPDATE:
I have added another 1/3 to the mission. A new video with 2 players can be found on YouTube.

[Include] FCNPC A.I. - [Tutorial] Speedometer - [WIP] Single-player-like Mission - [Other] List of all my work

Last edited by Freaksken; 30/04/2017 at 12:33 AM.
Freaksken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21/10/2016, 11:19 PM   #2
ISmokezU
Gangsta

Default Re: Single-player-like mission

Aweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeesome!!!!!! OMG.

Also how'd you get the voices?
ISmokezU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21/10/2016, 11:20 PM   #3
Lucky13
Huge Clucker

Well, at least Ryder and Big Smoke are on the good side now. Good job
Lucky13 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 21/10/2016, 11:30 PM   #4
Freaksken
Huge Clucker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ISmokezU View Post
Aweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeesome!!!!!! OMG.

Also how'd you get the voices?
From here, by Austin and LaZ.

[Include] FCNPC A.I. - [Tutorial] Speedometer - [WIP] Single-player-like Mission - [Other] List of all my work
Old 21/10/2016, 11:43 PM   #5
Freaksken
Huge Clucker

EDIT:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky13 View Post
Well, at least Ryder and Big Smoke are on the good side now. Good job
If it were a real GTA SA mission, it would take place when they are all still homies. I know San Fierro wasn't accessible at that stage, but hey that's just a little detail .

EDIT 2:
Woops accidentally created a new post instead of editting.

Old 21/10/2016, 11:49 PM   #6
SickAttack
Godfather

It's a shame that this will not work out in an actual online server (can't have multiple missions running simultaneously).

It's pretty dope, though. Good job! +8 rep!

--------------------------------------

Here's an idea.

Create a hub/lobby, which is on hosted tab, create a server for every mission, make players forward to each server for each mission.

The only problem is that you can't switch servers without having to leave. So like there's really no point in to this, other than to show off.
SickAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22/10/2016, 12:20 AM   #7
Freaksken
Huge Clucker

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickAttack View Post
It's a shame that this will not work out in an actual online server (can't have multiple missions running simultaneously).

It's pretty dope, though. Good job! +8 rep!

--------------------------------------

Here's an idea.

Create a hub/lobby, which is on hosted tab, create a server for every mission, make players forward to each server for each mission.

The only problem is that you can't switch servers without having to leave. So like there's really no point in to this, other than to show off.
Well, currently everything is set up with indeed only 1 instance in mind. But I don't see how it is not possible to run multiple instances at a time, working with virtual worlds.
Say a complete storyline gets created, with every mission taking up a maximum of 20 NPC's and 5 players. With a maximum player count of 1000 that means there can be 40 instances running at the same time.
Code:
1000 / 25 = 40 instances
20 * 40 = 800 npcs
5 * 40 = 200 players
The problem lies that once people have finished the storyline, it would get repetitive to do it all over again. In other words, the server wouldn't survive long I think. Taking into consideration that it takes quite some time to script a quality mission to keep the playerbase interested.

I was thinking more of it as a single mini-mission (with limited instances) aside the main gameplay (which is how my minigames script works).

Old 22/10/2016, 12:48 AM   #8
SickAttack
Godfather

Those numbers aren't quite exact. If so, people would have to wait until missions ends, because you're just going to insert them even when it's almost over? It would be more appropriate if it was independent.

You're going to run out of slots.
SickAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22/10/2016, 12:54 AM   #9
ISmokezU
Gangsta

Wait,So that means is isn't possible to be on any samp sever like ever?,it would be sooo cool
ISmokezU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22/10/2016, 01:04 AM   #10
Freaksken
Huge Clucker

Quote:
If so, people would have to wait until missions ends, because you're just going to insert them even when it's almost over?
The other option is making people wait in a lobby untill enough players are available to start a mission. Which is how most matchmaking systems do it (not taking MMR and such things into consideration for a moment). But still people have to wait.

Quote:
Those numbers aren't quite exact. It would be more appropriate if it was independent.
You're going to run out of slots.
If all 800 NPC's get connected at the start of the server (and no others get connected), there are still 200 slots left. If those 200 are filled up with players, then indeed there is nothing left for a new instance and other players can not join the server.

But anyway, creating a server out of the idea was not my intention. You definitly made me start to think a little further than what I wanted to do with it though!

EDIT:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ISmokezU View Post
Wait,So that means is isn't possible to be on any samp sever like ever?,it would be sooo cool
Yes it is. Currently it is set up so that you can join for example a (freeroam) server, which has a core gameplay. A few of the players that area playing the core gameplay are able to start this mission and when the mission finishes or fails the players will return to the core gameplay.
This concept is entirely up to change. It's just easier for me to develop the mission like this with how my server works at the moment.