SA-MP Forums

Go Back   SA-MP Forums > SA-MP > General

Old 06/08/2015, 03:45 PM   #1
PoisonedJuice
Banned

Default Custom cutscene?

I was wondering what program or how is it possible to get custom cutscenes/animations like on these videos

https://www.*******.com/watch?t=33&v=knKyFK8d1og

I would thank anyone who would give me a hint
PoisonedJuice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/08/2015, 03:47 PM   #2
Abagail
High-roller

Default Re: Custom cutscene?

You can modify your GTA files if you want custom animations, for instance ped.ifp though you can fuck up your game easily if your not careful.
Abagail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/08/2015, 03:48 PM   #3
liquor
Huge Clucker

Simply gather players and have them do animations and do whatever, and film it.
No different to how It's done in real life, other than It's in a video game and you type commands to move your body :P
liquor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/08/2015, 03:52 PM   #4
PoisonedJuice
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by liquor View Post
Simply gather players and have them do animations and do whatever, and film it.
No different to how It's done in real life, other than It's in a video game and you type commands to move your body :P
I think you havent watched the video...
Old 06/08/2015, 05:21 PM   #5
cnoopers
Huge Clucker

these are just animations from cutscenes, export it(img tool, use 3ds max and kams script to browse em) from img file named cuts in anim folder and replace in ped or gta3.img addin cmds to apply on ur server to use that durin makin movie - just.

//edit
how i see some of that movie cuts are probably rendered frames in any 3d program, ex. 0:44 - not filmed straight in game.
cnoopers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/08/2015, 06:01 PM   #6
PoisonedJuice
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by cnoopers View Post
these are just animations from cutscenes, export it(img tool, use 3ds max and kams script to browse em) from img file named cuts in anim folder and replace in ped or gta3.img addin cmds to apply on ur server to use that durin makin movie - just.

//edit
how i see some of that movie cuts are probably rendered frames in any 3d program, ex. 0:44 - not filmed straight in game.

+rep
I will try but if someone has a better explanation i would be thankful for that
Old 06/08/2015, 07:26 PM   #7
Orma
Big Clucker

cnoopers is probably right, those scenes could definitely be rendered in 3ds Max.

The problem with using cutscene animations in SAMP is that they use an extended skeleton (things like eyelids, and extra joints) so you'd need to make the skeleton match the in-game SA one while retaining all the keyframes. Then you have to figure out how to sync multiple peds (because lots of those animations involved 2 or more characters) which means a custom server and a script that forces certain animations on different players at the same time. That's a lot of hassle.

Conversely, you could rig those skins to a cutscene skeleton then make it perform cutscene animations in 3ds Max, with backdrops made by extracting and reconstructing SA assets. Some cutscene animations can even be applied without re-rigging the skin, but that usually means awkward bugs.

The video editor added things like vignette and hue adjustments to make the rendered and in-game scenes match.

That's about as much as I can tell.
Orma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/08/2015, 08:45 PM   #8
iConvict
Huge Clucker

Isn't it 3DS Max?
Old 06/08/2015, 11:46 PM   #9
PoisonedJuice
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orma View Post
cnoopers is probably right, those scenes could definitely be rendered in 3ds Max.

The problem with using cutscene animations in SAMP is that they use an extended skeleton (things like eyelids, and extra joints) so you'd need to make the skeleton match the in-game SA one while retaining all the keyframes. Then you have to figure out how to sync multiple peds (because lots of those animations involved 2 or more characters) which means a custom server and a script that forces certain animations on different players at the same time. That's a lot of hassle.

Conversely, you could rig those skins to a cutscene skeleton then make it perform cutscene animations in 3ds Max, with backdrops made by extracting and reconstructing SA assets. Some cutscene animations can even be applied without re-rigging the skin, but that usually means awkward bugs.

The video editor added things like vignette and hue adjustments to make the rendered and in-game scenes match.

That's about as much as I can tell.

I managed to put models and load those onto cutscenes and they work fine. My last question is if you know which way I can put a background so when I render the animation its not everything grey.

thanks and +rep to you
Old 06/08/2015, 11:56 PM   #10
cnoopers
Huge Clucker

the best way is to use greenscreen(check ****** if u need), but u need also some kinda professional app such as Adobe After Effects to perform it.
just create big plane behind characters in some color or texture, import some interior from game etc
cnoopers is offline   Reply With Quote