SA-MP Forums

Go Back   SA-MP Forums > SA-MP > General

View Poll Results: Would you join a low playerbase server that requires server applications?
Yes, I would 16 20.78%
It depends on the server 34 44.16%
No, I would not 27 35.06%
Voters: 77. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12/01/2018, 06:23 PM   #11
OneDay
Huge Clucker

Default Re: How Do You Feel About Server Applications?

if the application is open-source you can check it does nothing bad then yes
OneDay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/01/2018, 07:02 PM   #12
Jwp1fwl
Little Clucker

In all honestly, tyhe application system for a server is a must, as it'll deter hackers/cheaters/trolls from being able to join, to those that are saying you didn't join a server like RCRP/LSRP cause it has an application, You obviously aren't there to roleplay, I'm sorry but it's true, anyway, the application system is an must need for an RP server as it'd stop the aforementioned from happening. so that's just my whole opinion on it.
Jwp1fwl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/01/2018, 08:20 PM   #13
Shplinx
Little Clucker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jwp1fwl View Post
In all honestly, tyhe application system for a server is a must, as it'll deter hackers/cheaters/trolls from being able to join, to those that are saying you didn't join a server like RCRP/LSRP cause it has an application, You obviously aren't there to roleplay, I'm sorry but it's true, anyway, the application system is an must need for an RP server as it'd stop the aforementioned from happening. so that's just my whole opinion on it.
Respectfully, I disagree. A person who intends to do that stuff can make it through applications. I've been on LSRP and RCRP, I've seen rulebreakers / cheaters / hackers. So applications don't stop it. They could deter it sure but some people don't want to write essays to play a game. I have filled out an application for LSRP and RCRP, and I have played on both.

A person's ability to fill out an application does not dictate their ability to roleplay. If this were applications to join a Police Department in a roleplay server, I could understand since the roleplay needs to be a certain level. But to enter a server, I don't see it.

I do see what you're trying to say though and for servers with a good reputation like LSRP or RCRP, I can see the reason. But for a server that is small and hardly can get ten players regularly, I don't see the purpose really.
Shplinx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/01/2018, 08:23 PM   #14
nl-videomaster
Little Clucker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jwp1fwl View Post
Wow kid, who are you to say "You obviously aren't there to roleplay, I'm sorry but it's true." When's the last time you roleplayed anything serious, roleplayed injuries, conversations, meetings? From what I hear often LSRP tends to be just a TDM in the streets anyways so it isn't like those char apps worked. Yet I don't have to look too far back to see the last time I've roleplayed an injury, I've roleplayed revalidation, wheeling around in a wheelchair. In General you don't have that many RP'ers who actually go to those extents, so don't even claim that kind of thing without looking at the players. I remain with my stance whilst being a proper roleplayer.

Looking to explore ENG/RUS COLD WAR RP server,
looking for staff and developers.
DISCORD | POST | FORUM PM
Глядя на изучение сервера ENG/RUS COLD WAR RP,
ищущих сотрудников и разработчиков.
nl-videomaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/01/2018, 10:16 PM   #15
TakeiT
Gangsta

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneDay View Post
if the application is open-source you can check it does nothing bad then yes
Let's say I'm looking at 5 servers. Now, to even see what it's about, the look and feel etc. I have to register and spend probably half an hour or more writing a stupid application just to get accepted in to go and log in and decide that server isn't for me. While I agree it filters out the noobs, there's nothing wrong with a couple in the server. The fact that every server is trying to get rid of it is what is killing the sa-mp scene. Think about it, if NO new players can join who don't know how to RP, who is going to replace the ones that leave? We were all that one idiot running the streets in RP servers at one time.

Like I said before, I do agree that there should be some sort of basic quiz, but you don't need 10 200 word answers. More importantly, you don't need strict admins. There could be multiple choice questions right in the server to make sure you understand basic RP things and basic english skills.
TakeiT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13/01/2018, 11:30 AM   #16
RevGun
Little Clucker

Well, this is very easy to answer. If I'm looking for a decent, professional and legit server to play on, I would prefer a nicely made registration system to check your roleplay level and capabilities, but in the other side if I'm looking for a server to play with my friends for a while you know have some fun roleplaying and joining factions easily, I would absolutely prefer servers with no application system.

There is nothing called what is better because writing down an application has its pros & cons, same goes for the simple IG quiz. People above mentioned that with no application system it will bring more "trollers and hackers" which is a terrible excuse obviously here comes the job of the administrators/moderators or even helpers on some servers, if you have an active staff team you can do whatever you want and not to care about trollers and/or hackers.

Personally I have played on many servers with no application system in the registration process and guess what? I have enjoyed my time there, I met great people with great ability to roleplay and I had a fun, interesting and amusing roleplay experience with other players on the server with barely any trollers or low roleplayers. Why? the answer is simple because they have an active staff team who can get rid of people who wants to ruin the roleplay atmosphere for other players.

Writing an application is not bad at all. It shows to the players that the Owner/developer of the server are interested to make a decent registration system for players to get attracted. Creating an application code or a ucp linked to your script is not a piece of cake, it takes time and not everyone are able to do it. Actually it provides more "attraction" to the players who wants a serious server to play on and stick to.

About what nl-videomaster said that he has rolepalyed on servers with application system and he found many trollers and hackers. I totally agree with you and indeed you will find many of them on all kind of servers whether with or without an applciation system, but if you notice they troll after they didn't get what they want for example after being scammed, ajailed or even arrested IC. They don't take responsibliy of their actions during their time spent on the servers.

-Heavy and strict roleplay.
-Realistic economy.
-Mature and professional staff team.
-Experience the fun of roleplaying in the county!

Join Now
Forums - Discord
RevGun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13/01/2018, 12:26 PM   #17
ozm8ey
Big Clucker

Its like applying for whitelist on a minecraft server. It doesn't work well unless its a really good server and maybe with mods that makes it even better.
ozm8ey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13/01/2018, 04:07 PM   #18
RANGER44
Big Clucker

Nah, Do you know what? I didn't joined any Roleplay servers because when i joined my first Roleplay Server, its application made me mad and after it i left RP Servers and never played a RP Server After it and still I don't like to play any RP Servers, I really hate this system, If someone may give me to vote about this system then my vote would be -999. Any Low or No player-based server is better than a server who needs application to join the community. But there are still many players who play clean & legit server free from stupid hackers, Rule-breakers, etc. That's good to the legit players! I just told you what's my opinion about this system
RANGER44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13/01/2018, 09:10 PM   #19
izeatfishz
Huge Clucker

It's good cause it filters out hackers and ban evaders, why would they spend time unless they're seriously determined, also once banned they can't keep logging in and hacking - making a good filter. Plus if you're not serious about roleplay and cant wait then you probably have no experience with heavy rp, either way it helps and builds hype, once accepted you feel special that you got accepted
izeatfishz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13/01/2018, 11:00 PM   #20
Shplinx
Little Clucker

Quote:
Originally Posted by izeatfishz View Post
It's good cause it filters out hackers and ban evaders, why would they spend time unless they're seriously determined, also once banned they can't keep logging in and hacking - making a good filter. Plus if you're not serious about roleplay and cant wait then you probably have no experience with heavy rp, either way it helps and builds hype, once accepted you feel special that you got accepted
Have to disagree. I know plenty of people who can roleplay in a heavy manner who simply do not enjoy applicatons

But I do see your other points. However, I can't really say I feel special getting accepted on anything like LSRP or RCRP after seeing the kind of people that are. I encountered several players who clearly did not possess a heavy roleplay ability. If someone is determined enough, it's really not hard to rewrite common rules or write a two paragraph backstory.

However, this makes me want to ask: Do people feel like there is no other option to filter hackers, trolls, ban evaders, etc than applications? And how do they feel about applications, again, for a low playerbase server. Someone used the example of <50 so if the playerbase is <50, would you still wait the time and put in the effort?
Shplinx is offline   Reply With Quote