SA-MP Forums

Go Back   SA-MP Forums > SA-MP > General

Old 08/03/2018, 09:08 PM   #11
iLearner
Gangsta

Default Re: Where are all the players? (DayZ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaperstone View Post
When you cannot just deal with the fact that there can be so many people playing a game.
I see the person that would scream a hacker when the other player is better than him.
I dont really don't to defend whatever I said nor I am targeting Russians specifically here, but by what he said I am certainly sure that they're bots.

I myself own a DayZ server and like to keep an eye at other DayZ servers for competition, and trust me this server has been with over 250+players whole the time, day and night.
iLearner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/03/2018, 11:06 PM   #12
Sew_Sumi
Godfather

They abuse the clients 'inability' to list more than a hundred players, so when you connect, you won't see anything untoward and it just looks normal, but to enter in and find the playerlist with no-one on it, and your ID as 0, or so low that it's possible NPCs are operating, is just daft...

Chat, nothing...

Check playerlist, and if another person joins and is shown on that playerlist, then it's pretty obvious they are faking players.

And here's Kye saying he's been monitoring that list, and removing servers, for this sort of thing only 4 months ago.
Sew_Sumi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/03/2018, 12:40 AM   #13
justann

Maybe they are just a bit busy doing other stuff, let us wait for what will happen as weeks pass by.
Old 09/03/2018, 04:26 AM   #14
Sew_Sumi
Godfather

These servers have been functioning for months, with multiple reports being made.

At first I thought they were simply exaggerating how many there were (Which they really were), but when I looked into a couple, it was obvious that some are using fake players, and have been doing so for some time.
Sew_Sumi is offline   Reply With Quote