SA-MP Forums

Go Back   SA-MP Forums > SA-MP > News and Updates

Old 28/07/2016, 08:53 PM   #521
MyU
Little Clucker

Default Re: 10 Years of Samp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manyula View Post
Has this idea of allowing server owners to take screenshots of other players' screens ever crossed your mind? I understand you are not a big fan of it, since you already had quite some shitty experience with it, but after all the idea behind it is worth taking a look at, don't you think? Something like "TakeScreenShot(playerid)" would be quite handy for server owners, if possible of course.
Nope it's not at least for the users.
a) It's intrusive as fuck imagine you using f.e. steam overlay with samp this would allow server owner's to read private messages (and please don't say it's the users fault)
b) The hassle and the "bitching" that would result from that isn't worth it as it can be bypassed easily doesn't matter how good the implementation would be.

Making the process of cheat creation harder is one thing that could slow people down on updates. Currently SAMP only includes "light" use of annoyances against cheat developers (won't go in-depth) there are many known methods to make the life of an casual cheat creator harder none are really implemented for reasons like "they could be bypassed easily" iirc but then I don't really understand the concept of virtualizing some part's of the samp code (except the gpci and auth stuff).

Server owners / creators do not really have the opportunity to block cheats effectively and some things could've been avoided on the samp server itself w/o really compromising security or speed (f.e. money cheats, some of the car fuckery including "ghost driving" cars) my point of interest with that is: Is there any reason why to not implement minor stuff on the samp server itself? There are so many things apart from anti cheat stuff. The community is just inventing and inventing (which is good but...) to fix broken stuff that could've been fixed w/o much hassle (infra red bug, and many more).
Old 30/07/2016, 11:58 AM   #522
Beasthian
Big Clucker

Congratulations. This is an epic gaming platform.

Looking for a scripter? send me a pm
I also do mapping.
Beasthian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30/07/2016, 02:41 PM   #523
Manyula
Huge Clucker

I didn't consider the steam overlay being captured as well, though people are overly butthurt over data protection and privacy and yet use social media that invade their privacy. Whatever. The more convincing argument for me seems to be how easily this can be bypassed. I'm just wondering how MTA manages to implement a serial ban system, and SA:MP doesn't.
Manyula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30/07/2016, 03:35 PM   #524
MyU
Little Clucker

Quote:
I didn't consider the steam overlay being captured as well, though people are overly butthurt over data protection and privacy and yet use social media that invade their privacy. Whatever. The more convincing argument for me seems to be how easily this can be bypassed. I'm just wondering how MTA manages to implement a serial ban system, and SA:MP doesn't.
Well I mean SA:MP could implement a "new" serial system also - but what's about the security of said system?

-snip a huge paragraph-
Old 30/07/2016, 05:42 PM   #525
T-N-Z
Huge Clucker

All these CLEO based trolling hacks are getting way out of hand. If you could just let server owners detect that player has CLEO installed, it would solve a lot of issues. I mean how in the blue hell can I detect an empty car that's shooting hundreds of bullets at other players, or cheaters just pushing other players outside of map boundaries.
Serial Ban system would be a nice addition, but I doubt Kalcor wants to put effort into that, I believe he said in the past that it can be spoofed, thought MTA does have one, which I believe works very well.
T-N-Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31/07/2016, 07:09 AM   #526
Beasthian
Big Clucker

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-N-Z View Post
All these CLEO based trolling hacks are getting way out of hand. If you could just let server owners detect that player has CLEO installed, it would solve a lot of issues. I mean how in the blue hell can I detect an empty car that's shooting hundreds of bullets at other players, or cheaters just pushing other players outside of map boundaries.
Serial Ban system would be a nice addition, but I doubt Kalcor wants to put effort into that, I believe he said in the past that it can be spoofed, thought MTA does have one, which I believe works very well.
I totally agree with this!

Looking for a scripter? send me a pm
I also do mapping.
Beasthian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31/07/2016, 02:36 PM   #527
Manyula
Huge Clucker

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyU View Post
Well I mean SA:MP could implement a "new" serial system also - but what's about the security of said system?

-snip a huge paragraph-
Isn't that a question you can ask literally always?
Manyula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31/07/2016, 02:47 PM   #528
MyU
Little Clucker

Quote:
Isn't that a question you can ask literally always?
Yep, I had a big paragraph concerning this but that was too much I guess.
I mean we could discuss much, but in the end it doesn't even matter (ok I'll stop with horrible song hints) as it's really about the developer/s implementing it and I don't see see a real chance - I mean (oh and I could be totally wrong but I'm sure I am not) GPCI f.e. got implemented to assist "big" servers with ban evaders and not really because everyone requested it as it was "hidden" anyway same with the client check stuff it has specific areas it checks not really more.

TL;DR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalcor View Post
I was just pointing out that development is more focused towards larger servers, since that naturally benefits the most players.
Old 01/08/2016, 05:58 PM   #529
rootcause
Big Clucker

Congrats! Better late than never I guess.

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-N-Z View Post
In addition to this post, lots of trolling scripts are patchable but clientside scripts such as "legit" aimbots, wallhacks or ESP whatever script kiddies like to call it are annoying as trolling scripts. Can we have some sort of sv_pure, or anything to make script kiddies try a bit harder, please? At the moment it's just drop a few files to your game folder and ruin everyones fun. I know this isn't the place for this post and I should post it on suggestions thread but it will get lost there anyway and this thread is more active.

^ Don't let SA-MP become this.
Old 01/08/2016, 08:26 PM   #530
Hunud
Huge Clucker

Quote:
Originally Posted by rootcause View Post
Congrats! Better late than never I guess.

In addition to this post, lots of trolling scripts are patchable but clientside scripts such as "legit" aimbots, wallhacks or ESP whatever script kiddies like to call it are annoying as trolling scripts. Can we have some sort of sv_pure, or anything to make script kiddies try a bit harder, please? At the moment it's just drop a few files to your game folder and ruin everyones fun. I know this isn't the place for this post and I should post it on suggestions thread but it will get lost there anyway and this thread is more active.

^ Don't let SA-MP become this.
Health Hacking should be there! Most used
Hunud is offline   Reply With Quote