SA-MP Forums

Go Back   SA-MP Forums > SA-MP Scripting and Plugins > Scripting Help

Old 15/10/2013, 12:08 PM   #1
jetpas
Little Clucker

Default REGISTER AND LOGIN SYSTEM [HELP]

hey, i just wanna make a unique login/register system on my server.

so if some people want to play on my server must register at my forum.

i mean, the username and password for forum is same as in the samp game.

Can you help me for the code. Thanks a lot for helping

sorry for my bad english. I;m indonesian
jetpas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15/10/2013, 12:10 PM   #2
PrivatioBoni
Gangsta

Default Re: REGISTER AND LOGIN SYSTEM [HELP]

This will require a lot of code (personally, I'm not even sure if it's possible), and isn't even a good idea.

What if someone cracks/hacks an admin's password in-game? He will be able to cause chaos in-game AND on the forum. And vice versa. Also, if you've forgotten your password in-game, you've forgotten your password on the forum, and vice versa. Also, it is generally safer and more secure to have separate passwords for separate things -- common (internet) sense.

Just use a premade registration system, if anything in your server needs to be "unique", it doesn't have to be the registration system. It's just a compulsory element of your server which has to be done, but doesn't have to be unique.
PrivatioBoni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15/10/2013, 12:37 PM   #3
Misiur
High-roller

First of all, it's not unique, quite common I might add. 99% of forums are using database, not files, so there's your starting point. You need to get hashing algorithm used by your board, and implement it in pawn.

PrivatioBoni concerns aren't too realistic either (of course if you use salted passwords hashes). Though the part about using multiple diffrent passwords is a good tip. You could create player accounts with diffrent passwords linked to main master forum account.
Misiur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15/10/2013, 02:13 PM   #4
Mattakil
Gangsta

You'll have to learn about PHP and mysql. The server would have to same to the same sql database that the website register field comes from, though LSRP uses the same thing so its not really unique
Mattakil is offline   Reply With Quote