Go Back   SA-MP Forums > SA-MP Scripting and Plugins > Plugin Development

Old 05/08/2016, 06:47 PM   #11
maddinat0r
Gangsta

Default Re: Log plugin

v0.2 has been released.
Changes:
  • log-core:
    • new server configuration variable 'logplugin_debuginfo': if set to '0', all AMX debug functionality will be disabled (all debug retrieval functions will return 'false'), even if the AMX file is compiled with debug symbols
    • complete interface redesign:
      • compatibility with C
      • noticeable performance improvements
      • new init/exit functions 'samplog_Init' and 'samplog_Exit': these have to be called in 'Load()' and 'Unload()' respectively
    • major crash handling improvements:
      • guaranteed crash-safety
      • compatibility with other crash handlers (like the crashdetect plugin)
        NOTE: load the crashdetect plugin before any other plugin which uses the log-core to ensure compatibility
      • log-core now detects the console close event on Windows (when you press the red X in the upper right corner of the console window)
      • in case of a crash log-core now creates a `log-core.log` file and logs that crash, e.g.:
        Code:
        [31/07/2016 13:44:23] [ERROR] exception 0XC0000005 (ACCESS_VIOLATION) from Unhandled Exception Handler catched; shutting log-core down
        (crash on Windows due to a bug in another plugin)
    • bug-fix: carriage return isn't stripped from read server.cfg file (thanks to ZiGGi for his PR)
  • log-plugin:
    • ensured compatibility between upcoming MySQL plugin release
    • added new parameter 'debuginfo' to 'CreateLog', which controls printing debug info on a per-log basis
    • code-breaking change: 'SetLogLevel' has no 'enable' parameter anymore, specify the whole log level like that:
      Code:
      SetLogLevel(logger, ERROR | WARNING | INFO);

Downloads are, as always, here: https://github.com/maddinat0r/samp-log/releases

Thanks for everyone's suggestions and bug reports!

EDIT: Sorry for not really answering to all the post above, but they did not go unnoticed. Many of these changes are based on the feedback everybody here provided, so thanks again!

EDIT 2: I've released a small update (v0.2.1) which addresses a bug in the log-core.

Last edited by maddinat0r; 06/08/2016 at 11:38 AM.
maddinat0r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/09/2016, 06:38 PM   #12
Dayvison_
High-roller

This plugin is awesome.

Maybe you can add a new parameter in CreateLog, to print the log result in console.
PHP Code:
native Logger:CreateLog(const name[], E_LOGLEVEL:level INFO WARNING ERRORbool:debuginfo truebool:printoutput false); 
Dayvison_ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05/09/2016, 07:32 PM   #13
zsoolt997
Little Clucker

I got this issue:

Code:
[20:25:45]  Loading plugin: log-plugin.so
[20:25:45]   Failed (/usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/libstdc++.so.6: version `GLIBCXX_3.4.20' not found (required by plugins/log-plugin.so))
I put everything to the right place and I still getting this error. What should I do?
zsoolt997 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/09/2016, 07:52 AM   #14
maddinat0r
Gangsta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Day_ View Post
This plugin is awesome.

Maybe you can add a new parameter in CreateLog, to print the log result in console.
PHP Code:
native Logger:CreateLog(const name[], E_LOGLEVEL:level INFO WARNING ERRORbool:debuginfo truebool:printoutput false); 
Thanks!
I thought about adding a special console logger, which would be basically a "printf" with log levels. Having a whole logger additionally print its output to the console is an option too I guess. I could also add a new native "LogConsole" which does the same, only per-log-call instead of per-logger. I even could add a new option in the server.cfg to toggle printing all errors and/or warnings directly into the console. So yeah, I've got to think about what the best solution here is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zsoolt997 View Post
I got this issue:

Code:
[20:25:45]  Loading plugin: log-plugin.so
[20:25:45]   Failed (/usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/libstdc++.so.6: version `GLIBCXX_3.4.20' not found (required by plugins/log-plugin.so))
I put everything to the right place and I still getting this error. What should I do?
Upgrade your Linux distribution. You're probably running CentOS 6, Ubuntu 12.04 or similarly old distributions. You'd have to upgrade at least to CentOS 7 or Ubuntu 14.04.
Old 09/09/2016, 12:58 PM   #15
Stinged
High-roller

The plugin's awesome, so great job!

But I'm currently having an issue with the log-core.
When I use it with MapAndreas 1.2.1, I'm unable to shut the server down correctly.
It unloads all the plugins and freezes once it reaches MapAndreas.
(This happens when either log-plugin or mysql R40 are loaded)

This prints out in errors.log:
Quote:
[log-core] exception 0XC0000005 (ACCESS_VIOLATION) from Vectored Exception Handler catched; shutting log-core down
EDIT: I just read the reply you posted above (About v0.2), so it turns out it's a bug in MapAndreas. Will I have to contact the author of that plugin to fix that?
Stinged is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/09/2016, 02:28 PM   #16
Bruno_Cyra
Huge Clucker

Thanks maddinat0r,

that's what I was searching for \o/
Old 10/09/2016, 01:43 PM   #17
venomlivno8
Big Clucker

One big, big, big problem is that it cannot be used with mysql, since mysql already has E_LOGLEVEL and, since you added #if !defined E_LOGLEVEL before defining it, it doesn't define and you can't use it.
venomlivno8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/09/2016, 02:08 PM   #18
maddinat0r
Gangsta

Quote:
Originally Posted by venomlivno8 View Post
One big, big, big problem is that it cannot be used with mysql, since mysql already has E_LOGLEVEL and, since you added #if !defined E_LOGLEVEL before defining it, it doesn't define and you can't use it.
The MySQL plugin, starting with R40, and this log plugin use the same log system underneath, the log core. Thus they both have the very same log levels, under the same enum, defined.
Old 10/09/2016, 10:43 PM   #19
KaisAggarwal
Little Clucker

Greatjob

Useful plugin

KaisAggarwal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14/09/2016, 05:48 PM   #20
JaydenJason
Gangsta