SA-MP Forums

Go Back   SA-MP Forums > SA-MP > News and Updates

Old 28/06/2017, 05:27 PM   #971
adrianlouise
Huge Clucker

Default Re: 10 Years of Samp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicow View Post
Why do you always feel the need to answer to everyone ?
We understand your point of view, no need to repeat every 4 posts, no need to "put this out" ..
Cause repeating every 1 posts isn't enough to make those people understand
adrianlouise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28/06/2017, 10:05 PM   #972
niCe
Gangsta

I'm not saying that I wouldn't be pleased with more SA-MP updates, but I believe that SA-MP updates aren't really needed to make new features on the servers, because SA-MP already contains all it really needs. Player count on my servers is still increasing and I'm adding some updates and new things to my servers almost every day, and there is still a lot in my to-do list, which is possible to add with the current SA-MP features.
- Pool and basketball minigames
- Video game QUB3D from GTA 4
- Roulettes, slot machines, video poker and horse-betting
- Stock market BAWSAQ from GTA 5
- Phone with a lot of features from GTA Online
- Missions similar to GTA Online - you can start missions from Big Smoke, Cesar or Woozie!
- Cocaine lockups, weed farms or counterfeit chips factory
- Gang wars over 60 territories
- More than 30 jobs to earn money (including police, paramedic, firefighter, burglar, pimp, valet and pizza-boy jobs)
- Singleplayers races and other challenges
- Gyms, strip clubs, clothes shops, hidden packages, oysters, spray tags, horseshoes and much more
niCe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29/06/2017, 10:02 AM   #973
Hunud
Huge Clucker

Quote:
Originally Posted by niCe View Post
I'm not saying that I wouldn't be pleased with more SA-MP updates, but I believe that SA-MP updates aren't really needed to make new features on the servers, because SA-MP already contains all it really needs. Player count on my servers is still increasing and I'm adding some updates and new things to my servers almost every day, and there is still a lot in my to-do list, which is possible to add with the current SA-MP features.
Wrong. They have to work on this project till playerbase are still okey. Evenwithout any updates they need to fix bugs and glitches
Old 30/06/2017, 03:43 AM   #974
Beryllium
Big Clucker

Missed this nametags!
Beryllium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/07/2017, 02:22 AM   #975
Mauzen
Godfather

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunud View Post
Wrong. They have to work on this project till playerbase are still okey. Evenwithout any updates they need to fix bugs and glitches
They have to? They dont have to do a shit, youre not paying them.
Mauzen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/07/2017, 08:02 AM   #976
MarkNelson
Huge Clucker

SAMP isn't dying.
Comeon have a look on Left 4 Dead 2 it's a game since 2009 and the last update of it on 2013
And players still playing it.
Have a look on CS 1.6 its a game since 1999 without any updates and it's not dead.
Same thing to SAMP :>
MarkNelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/07/2017, 10:06 AM   #977
OriginalShark
Little Clucker

Quote:
SAMP isn't dying.
Comeon have a look on Left 4 Dead 2 it's a game since 2009 and the last update of it on 2013
And players still playing it.
Have a look on CS 1.6 its a game since 1999 without any updates and it's not dead.
Same thing to SAMP :>
SAMP is a mod to a game, meanwhile left 4 dead and CS 1.6 aren't mods, they're official games that people can find on steam which makes it easier to install.

Also when you go to these games you know what to expect, there'll be de_dust, zombie mode, surf mode etc. Meanwhile in GTA this can vary alot from zombie to real life RP.

Also, there's another mod called MTA:SA where everyone from SAMP are going since they have active developers.
OriginalShark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/07/2017, 12:04 PM   #978
Variable™
Gangsta

Quote:
Originally Posted by OriginalShark View Post
SAMP is a mod to a game, meanwhile left 4 dead and CS 1.6 aren't mods, they're official games that people can find on steam which makes it easier to install.

Also when you go to these games you know what to expect, there'll be de_dust, zombie mode, surf mode etc. Meanwhile in GTA this can vary alot from zombie to real life RP.

Also, there's another mod called MTA:SA where everyone from SAMP are going since they have active developers.
You can't script anything in GTA SA other than cleo and ASI modifications which applies on your own game only, in SAMP you can easily make your own game mode with abilities exceed the cleo/ASI limits.

Does it really matter if its a game or a multiplayer modifications? SAMP doesn't block the main game so you can easily play both without any issue. You don't even need to download the files from the servers in order to play them. And yeah, it doesn't take time to install the game itself neither the modification, just a few minutes and all are setup. So, I don't see how the others are "easier to install" more than that. These games you stated are limited to specific stuff, lets talk about CS 1.6, all you have to do is plant the bomb as a terrorist, or disallow the counter terrorists from defusing the bomb (or rescuing hostages) before time is over. While the main game (GTA SA) has quite lots of modifications and zombie mods, quite lots of skins, weapons and possible additions that can make it a modern game. SAMP doesn't block modifications like skins and weapons, etc. So you can play with the same stuff which you have within single player while playing online. MTA:SA is a dead open-source project which would never beat SA:MP in ease of use and instant playing. See how much time you can take to download the game files if your network speed is low. Not everyone would play MTA as not everyone have that much great of a network connection.

I don't see a reason that you guys stick around and scream here if you don't like the game mainly. Looking at your registration date it looks like you just came here to ruin the stuff out. Let us enjoy what we like.

You guys are hungry for updates, but you don't understand that for a single update the players would stick to 0.3.7 for almost a year more till they realize that the new version was released, till then, servers would have zero players even with hosted tab, most of server owners would wait for players to come on the new update to move there, while players would wait server owners to move their servers so they'd play, so in case the internet list isn't fixed, the new update would result in the death of SAMP.
Variable™ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/07/2017, 04:51 PM   #979
Easy1
Little Clucker

The playerbase won't go anywhere as long as server creators keep coming up with new and/or reinvented ideas.
Easy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/07/2017, 08:33 PM   #980
OriginalShark
Little Clucker

Quote:
You can't script anything in GTA SA other than cleo and ASI modifications which applies on your own game only, in SAMP you can easily make your own game mode with abilities exceed the cleo/ASI limits.

Does it really matter if its a game or a multiplayer modifications? SAMP doesn't block the main game so you can easily play both without any issue. You don't even need to download the files from the servers in order to play them. And yeah, it doesn't take time to install the game itself neither the modification, just a few minutes and all are setup. So, I don't see how the others are "easier to install" more than that. These games you stated are limited to specific stuff, lets talk about CS 1.6, all you have to do is plant the bomb as a terrorist, or disallow the counter terrorists from defusing the bomb (or rescuing hostages) before time is over. While the main game (GTA SA) has quite lots of modifications and zombie mods, quite lots of skins, weapons and possible additions that can make it a modern game. SAMP doesn't block modifications like skins and weapons, etc. So you can play with the same stuff which you have within single player while playing online. MTA:SA is a dead open-source project which would never beat SA:MP in ease of use and instant playing. See how much time you can take to download the game files if your network speed is low. Not everyone would play MTA as not everyone have that much great of a network connection.

I don't see a reason that you guys stick around and scream here if you don't like the game mainly. Looking at your registration date it looks like you just came here to ruin the stuff out. Let us enjoy what we like.

You guys are hungry for updates, but you don't understand that for a single update the players would stick to 0.3.7 for almost a year more till they realize that the new version was released, till then, servers would have zero players even with hosted tab, most of server owners would wait for players to come on the new update to move there, while players would wait server owners to move their servers so they'd play, so in case the internet list isn't fixed, the new update would result in the death of SAMP.
I understand that you're very defensive about something you care about, since all humans are like that, but you have to look at it in a non-biased way.

SA-MP do have quite alot of gamemodes, which is good to keep the mod fresh, it keeps people entertained.

I never "screamed", I never said that I didn't "like" the game, I'm not here to "ruin" anything, I'm just stating facts and if you want to disagree with them, then that's your choice.

I'm not going to sit here and argue with you, since you'll disagree with any facts that i'll be stating. But i'll just say this one more time:

SA-MP is a mod, and it's not covered by the mainstream media which makes people simply not knowing that it exists.

"By 3 March 2005, the game had sold over 12 million units for the PlayStation 2 alone, making it the highest selling game for PlayStation 2.[33] As of 26 September 2007, Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas has sold 20 million units according to Take-Two Interactive.[34] As of 26 March 2008, Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas has sold 21.5 million units according to Take-Two Interactive.[35] The Guinness World Records 2009 Gamer's Edition lists it as the most successful PlayStation 2 game, with 17.33 million copies sold for that console alone, from a total of 21.5 million in all formats.[13] In 2011, Kotaku reported that according to Rockstar Games, Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas has sold 27.5 million copies worldwide.[36]"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grand_...o:_San_Andreas

"As of August 2011, the Counter-Strike franchise has sold over 25 million units."[20]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Counter-Strike

We can very easily see here that counter strike has way more sold copies than GTA's PC port.

"17.33 million copies sold for that console alone, from a total of 21.5 million in all formats."

Basicly the PC port for GTA SA only had 4.17 million copies which means that 4.17 million people would be able to play on SA-MP, and since most console players knew that modding wasn't possible on their platform, they never searched for mods, multiplayer extension etc. This is obviously not fully accurate but it's somewhat accurate. Also, there's another multiplayer mod for GTA san andreas, which is called "MTA SA". Which splits the community in half and makes SA-MP die even more. And since MTA SA has constant updates alot of people lose faith in SA-MP and move over to MTA SA, since they've alot more possibilites than SA-MP will ever have.

Quote:
CS 1.6, all you have to do is plant the bomb as a terrorist, or disallow the counter terrorists from defusing the bomb
No, cs 1.6 has just as many possibilites as SAMP does, there's lots of gamemodes in counter strike such as zombie mode. Also, CS 1.6 doesn't block client modification as long as it's only visuals.

Quote:
MTA:SA is a dead open-source project which would never beat SA:MP
lolwat

Please, go ahead and enjoy SA-MP as long as you want, I'm sure I will, I love SAMP because of the vanilla GTA experience and the variety of servers avaible on the platform, but it doesn't stop me from questioning the development of SA-MP and it's future and taking off my pink tinted glasses for a couple of minutes. We'll enjoy this mod as long as we have it but if people can't realize that SA-MP is declining then that's their fault. Because then they'll become extra sad when it's gone.

Quote:
the new update would result in the death of SAMP.
You're funny.
OriginalShark is offline   Reply With Quote