SA-MP Forums

Go Back   SA-MP Forums > SA-MP > News and Updates

Old 01/07/2017, 09:07 PM   #981
adrianlouise
Huge Clucker

Default Re: 10 Years of Samp

Quote:
Originally Posted by OriginalShark View Post
I understand that you're very defensive about something you care about, since all humans are like that, but you have to look at it in a non-biased way.

SA-MP do have quite alot of gamemodes, which is good to keep the mod fresh, it keeps people entertained.

I never "screamed", I never said that I didn't "like" the game, I'm not here to "ruin" anything, I'm just stating facts and if you want to disagree with them, then that's your choice.

I'm not going to sit here and argue with you, since you'll disagree with any facts that i'll be stating. But i'll just say this one more time:

SA-MP is a mod, and it's not covered by the mainstream media which makes people simply not knowing that it exists.

"By 3 March 2005, the game had sold over 12 million units for the PlayStation 2 alone, making it the highest selling game for PlayStation 2.[33] As of 26 September 2007, Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas has sold 20 million units according to Take-Two Interactive.[34] As of 26 March 2008, Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas has sold 21.5 million units according to Take-Two Interactive.[35] The Guinness World Records 2009 Gamer's Edition lists it as the most successful PlayStation 2 game, with 17.33 million copies sold for that console alone, from a total of 21.5 million in all formats.[13] In 2011, Kotaku reported that according to Rockstar Games, Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas has sold 27.5 million copies worldwide.[36]"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grand_...o:_San_Andreas

"As of August 2011, the Counter-Strike franchise has sold over 25 million units."[20]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Counter-Strike

We can very easily see here that counter strike has way more sold copies than GTA's PC port.

"17.33 million copies sold for that console alone, from a total of 21.5 million in all formats."

Basicly the PC port for GTA SA only had 4.17 million copies which means that 4.17 million people would be able to play on SA-MP, and since most console players knew that modding wasn't possible on their platform, they never searched for mods, multiplayer extension etc. This is obviously not fully accurate but it's somewhat accurate. Also, there's another multiplayer mod for GTA san andreas, which is called "MTA SA". Which splits the community in half and makes SA-MP die even more. And since MTA SA has constant updates alot of people lose faith in SA-MP and move over to MTA SA, since they've alot more possibilites than SA-MP will ever have.

No, cs 1.6 has just as many possibilites as SAMP does, there's lots of gamemodes in counter strike such as zombie mode. Also, CS 1.6 doesn't block client modification as long as it's only visuals.

lolwat

Please, go ahead and enjoy SA-MP as long as you want, I'm sure I will, I love SAMP because of the vanilla GTA experience and the variety of servers avaible on the platform, but it doesn't stop me from questioning the development of SA-MP and it's future and taking off my pink tinted glasses for a couple of minutes. We'll enjoy this mod as long as we have it but if people can't realize that SA-MP is declining then that's their fault. Because then they'll become extra sad when it's gone.

You're funny.
for me SA:MP Is much better than cs:go nothing is nice there, just graphic & more weapons.

It's not a game but an amazing mod in which there are infinity Game-Modes While these shits named Counter-strike is just a TDM/DM/Zombies and shits that's all it has limits.

As every body can see, We have more & more & more to code in SA-MP but the problem we all search for a released gameMode (Which is popular) try to edit it & add released scripts just to make sure that we will be making successful servers and finally come to this topic and start posting "This is the end of samp, we need new updates to make unique shits blah blah blah..." even if kalcor keep updating this mod These minds will never create something "New" "Unique" or even "nice"

Last edited by adrianlouise; 01/07/2017 at 11:57 PM.
adrianlouise is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02/07/2017, 12:46 AM   #982
Mauzen
Godfather

Quote:
Originally Posted by adrianlouise View Post
for me SA:MP Is much better than cs:go nothing is nice there, just graphic & more weapons.

It's not a game but an amazing mod in which there are infinity Game-Modes While these shits named Counter-strike is just a TDM/DM/Zombies and shits that's all it has limits.

As every body can see, We have more & more & more to code in SA-MP but the problem we all search for a released gameMode (Which is popular) try to edit it & add released scripts just to make sure that we will be making successful servers and finally come to this topic and start posting "This is the end of samp, we need new updates to make unique shits blah blah blah..." even if kalcor keep updating this mod These minds will never create something "New" "Unique" or even "nice"
People tend to use the lack of frequent updates as an excuse for their lack of creativity.
Mauzen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02/07/2017, 01:50 AM   #983
Freaksken
Huge Clucker

If Kalcor actually didn't care about his creation anymore, all of you wouldn't be posting on this thread, because there wouldn't be a forum online for you to do this. Keeping a website online isn't free. He's definitely renewing the server and domain licenses.

Includes:Filterscripts:Screenshots and Videos:Tutorials:Works in progress:
FCNPC A.I.Adminhelp (outdated)Leatherface/Jason Voorhees/Michael MyersSpeedometerSingle-player-like Mission
Freaksken is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02/07/2017, 10:30 AM   #984
OriginalShark
Little Clucker

Quote:
If Kalcor actually didn't care about his creation anymore, all of you wouldn't be posting on this thread, because there wouldn't be a forum online for you to do this. Keeping a website online isn't free. He's definitely renewing the server and domain licenses.
He earn more than he spend, why wouldn't he accept free money?

Quote:
People tend to use the lack of frequent updates as an excuse for their lack of creativity.
It's not about people being creative or not, and it's not about what's possible, it's about how people view the entire program / situation.
Again, there's a similar mod called MTA:SA that has frequent updates, which makes people trust those developers more and naturally move over.
OriginalShark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/07/2017, 10:41 AM   #985
Freaksken
Huge Clucker

Quote:
He earn more than he spend, why wouldn't he accept free money?
By you saying that, you show that you've completely missed the point of my post.

Includes:Filterscripts:Screenshots and Videos:Tutorials:Works in progress:
FCNPC A.I.Adminhelp (outdated)Leatherface/Jason Voorhees/Michael MyersSpeedometerSingle-player-like Mission
Freaksken is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02/07/2017, 02:26 PM   #986
HeLiOn_PrImE
High-roller

Quote:
It's not about people being creative or not, and it's not about what's possible, it's about how people view the entire program / situation.
Again, there's a similar mod called MTA:SA that has frequent updates, which makes people trust those developers more and naturally move over.
And I'll give the very old argument that people gave before: You're not paying to play this mod.
If you don't trust the developers of SA-MP, then go ahead and move over to MTA! It's as simple as that.

Since you're getting everything here for free, Kalcor and whoever else is involved in the development don't have obligations towards you.
Nothing and no one is forcing you to stick to SA-MP. It's entirely your choice. If you're loyal to this mod, then use what you got and stop complaining!

"It's only a game, but people are real. You have to respect them." - Mick88
"You don't deserve a +rep, if you ask for it. Those who deserve it, don't have to ask." - me

HeLiOn_PrImE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/07/2017, 08:03 AM   #987
TheVektor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mauzen View Post
Guess what? Fixing some bug in this mod is not creativity dependent. It's a shame if it has to be done with scripting.
TheVektor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/07/2017, 03:26 PM   #988
Variable™
Gangsta

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVektor View Post
Guess what? Fixing some bug in this mod is not creativity dependent. It's a shame if it has to be done with scripting.
You sure you know how hard it is to fix "some bugs"? It is easy to talk, yeah, but fix it? Nope. Keeping in mind this modification is free, no one would provide something for free with no presence of bugs, like why would someone work hard and ruin his life for something which is given for free? SA:MP is considered free because you don't need to buy it in order to play it, also SA:MP doesn't restrict buying GTA:SA itself to play it. Yeah, hosted tab is paid but you don't need hosted tab to download server packages, with your own computer you can run a local server and invite nearby friends to play, it is not a must to have hosted tab to play the game, which means the game is totally FREE. The game bugs do not spoil the game play and most of them happen in rare occasions, the bugs which are considered major can be counted on the fingers.
Variable™ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/07/2017, 03:57 PM   #989
Johndaonee
Big Clucker

Open Source soon maybe ? You can still make your money on the hosted tab doubt any other look a like will make it bigger than this.. Anyway take care SA:MP I have great memories from this modification and big ups to you Kye - I respect you for have done this.
Johndaonee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/07/2017, 04:57 PM   #990
Sew_Sumi
High-roller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johndaonee View Post
Open Source soon maybe ?
It's been stated a few times this is highly unlikely to happen.
Sew_Sumi is offline   Reply With Quote