SA-MP Forums

Go Back   SA-MP Forums > SA-MP > News and Updates

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 15/04/2017, 03:46 PM   #891
HeLiOn_PrImE
High-roller
 
HeLiOn_PrImE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Cluj Napoca, Romania
Posts: 2,729
Reputation: 366
Default Re: 10 Years of Samp

Quote:
Originally Posted by amirm3hdi View Post
Why would it be a nightmare?
Everyone around the world can contribute and make it even more awesome instead of posting bugs and threads.
Because as I said before, people will just take the code and use it for themselves.
Instead of contributing to this one, they will make their own client.
Hackers will also be a bigger issue than they are now.
__________________

"It's only a game, but people are real. You have to respect them." - Mick88
"You don't deserve a +rep, if you ask for it. Those who deserve it, don't have to ask." - me

HeLiOn_PrImE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15/04/2017, 05:48 PM   #892
feheristi97
Big Clucker
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Canada
Posts: 74
Reputation: 4
Default Re: 10 Years of Samp

Hackers aren't a big issue now. We don't have much players that means less players are using hacks, most of the players own / script their servers now days. And almost every server has a good anti-cheat detection system.
feheristi97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16/04/2017, 03:51 PM   #893
SpookiemanT
Little Clucker
 
SpookiemanT's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: In front of you
Posts: 5
Reputation: 0
Default Re: 10 Years of Samp

SA-MP is still in heart of millions. Still i play and it's my life. Great to hear it has passed 10 years, waiting for more and more updates.

Thanks for such a great game!
SpookiemanT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18/04/2017, 04:34 PM   #894
BloodMaster
Big Clucker
 
BloodMaster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 64
Reputation: 2
Default Re: 10 Years of Samp

It's gonna be 11 years in 2 weeks
BloodMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19/04/2017, 02:46 PM   #895
Blakecool987
Banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 17
Reputation: 0
Default Re: 10 Years of Samp

SAMP will always have a place in my heart, I'll go down with SAMP love making servers and having a good time!
Blakecool987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21/04/2017, 07:20 PM   #896
amirm3hdi
Banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Brain
Posts: 265
Reputation: 14
Default Re: 10 Years of Samp

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeLiOn_PrImE View Post
Because as I said before, people will just take the code and use it for themselves.
Instead of contributing to this one, they will make their own client.
Hackers will also be a bigger issue than they are now.
That's the point of open source, and no one is stupid enough to try to make money out of a stolen project.
and not get updates.

But when it's open like in github everyone will submit improvements daily and admins would just accept/decline.
You need to learn contribution, try contributing to trending github repos, you'll get my point.

Based on your statement, I can go and make a Visual Studio Code for myself since its open source
Many awesome projects are open source now, they have LICENSE so no one can do shit.
People will contribute and make them even more awesome. anyway it's maybe too late for samp to be open source.
amirm3hdi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21/04/2017, 10:22 PM   #897
Nicow
High-roller
 
Nicow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: France
Posts: 1,074
Reputation: 60
Default Re: 10 Years of Samp

Quote:
Originally Posted by amirm3hdi View Post
That's the point of open source, and no one is stupid enough to try to make money out of a stolen project.
and not get updates.

But when it's open like in github everyone will submit improvements daily and admins would just accept/decline.
You need to learn contribution, try contributing to trending github repos, you'll get my point.

Based on your statement, I can go and make a Visual Studio Code for myself since its open source
Many awesome projects are open source now, they have LICENSE so no one can do shit.
People will contribute and make them even more awesome. anyway it's maybe too late for samp to be open source.
I agree but It looks like most of the people here are allergic to open source ^^
__________________

Nicow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23/04/2017, 05:53 AM   #898
Astralis
High-roller
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: France
Posts: 2,992
Reputation: 372
Default Re: 10 Years of Samp

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpookiemanT View Post
SA-MP is still in heart of millions. Still i play and it's my life. Great to hear it has passed 10 years, waiting for more and more updates.

Thanks for such a great game!
11 years after 2 weeks.
__________________
Astralis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23/04/2017, 09:33 AM   #899
Calgon
Godfather
 
Calgon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 6,440
Reputation: 1059
Default Re: 10 Years of Samp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redirect Left View Post
Have you tried using the search functions? Clearly not. This has been covered by Kye himself here http://forum.sa-mp.com/showthread.ph...71#post3695871
Meanie.
__________________
Calgon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26/04/2017, 04:26 AM   #900
Abagail
High-roller
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: GetPlayerPos(playerid, pos); Scripter/Mapper.
Posts: 3,402
Reputation: 403
Default Re: 10 Years of Samp

Quote:
Originally Posted by amirm3hdi View Post
That's the point of open source, and no one is stupid enough to try to make money out of a stolen project.
and not get updates.

But when it's open like in github everyone will submit improvements daily and admins would just accept/decline.
You need to learn contribution, try contributing to trending github repos, you'll get my point.

Based on your statement, I can go and make a Visual Studio Code for myself since its open source
Many awesome projects are open source now, they have LICENSE so no one can do shit.
People will contribute and make them even more awesome. anyway it's maybe too late for samp to be open source.
Besides potential theft, doing this imposes further "security risk" if you will. Hackers or people with malicous intentions may use the code to specially farm malicious programs that do a variety of different things. Yes, it being open source would also allow the community to patch such instances yet this is still a strong argument against open sourcing SA:MP.
Abagail is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
How many years are you around samp? DanTzi General 563 05/09/2017 11:47 AM
"8 Years in GTA" by ElektroNIK (GTA4, MTA, SAMP, VCMP, GTA3, GTA2) [KOM]ElektroNIK Screenshots and Videos 6 30/06/2014 05:30 PM
In how many years will SA-MP die? [RO]Madalin2009 Everything and Nothing 7 20/02/2009 06:22 PM


All times are GMT. The time now is 02:03 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.