SA-MP Forums

Go Back   SA-MP Forums > Other > Everything and Nothing

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02/06/2018, 11:41 AM   #11
JakeXxX
Big Clucker
 
JakeXxX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Inside
Posts: 198
Reputation: 29
Default Re: Why people still use 0.3.7

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlalt View Post
I've tried once to play on 0.3DL servers had to download 30mb at least to join any server find out the server is shit and leave.
Got limited net traffic and 100kb download speed. What do you expect more from me more than removing this client and never installing it again.
I gotta tell you that you got on the wrong server, some random guy popped HQ skins and made you wait god knows what amount of time but if you get on the right server where the developers actually know how to do their job and pick the right skins and textures, you'd wait no more than one minute and that's all.
JakeXxX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/06/2018, 12:10 PM   #12
Calgon
Godfather
 
Calgon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 6,479
Reputation: 1114
Default Re: Why people still use 0.3.7

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadDon View Post
By using 0.3.7. we're going back in time.
Finally, SA:MP has the option we always dreamed of (atleast I) - and we're not using it.
The only reason why it is not at height is because most SA:MP developers are not
experienced as much in 3D modeling. Also a lot of srver owners think they will loose players if they change to the new version.

0.3Dl is THE BEST version of SA:MP ever produced and if we lose it we're big dummies.

MTA became huge only because of that customization which SA-MP never really had.
And now finally it has?

I ask myself the same question, why do people still use 0.3.7?
Some of us didn't even want custom models, don't care for it at all. Call it going back in time if you want, but I enjoyed SA:MP for SA:MP, not MTA.
__________________
Calgon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/06/2018, 12:15 PM   #13
DeitY
Huge Clucker
 
DeitY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Serbia
Posts: 322
Reputation: 14
Default Re: Why people still use 0.3.7

its unstable of course
__________________
Serbian RolePlay Server! 5+ Years SAMP server, 3+ years highest number of players in balcan!

DeitY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/06/2018, 12:39 PM   #14
Gforcez1337
High-roller
 
Gforcez1337's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: The Netherlands.
Posts: 1,080
Reputation: 367
Default Re: Why people still use 0.3.7

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeLiOn_PrImE View Post
What makes you say it's not an official version? It's a different branch, but that doesn't make it unofficial.
The fact that Kalcor calls it a 'Seperate version'
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalcor View Post
SA-MP 0.3.DL is a seperate version of SA-MP featuring server-side custom models. Right now, custom objects and custom player skins are supported, with more types planned for the future.
And that it's not on the homepage, it doesn't really look like an 'official version' for the lack of a better term.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadDon View Post
0.3Dl is THE BEST version of SA:MP ever produced and if we lose it we're big dummies.
We're not losing it. Kalcor already stated that the development that has gone into 0.3.8 (0.3.7-DL) is going to be included in a upcoming version of SA:MP. So we're not losing it at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeitY View Post
its unstable of course
Never really noticed that tbh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calgon View Post
Some of us didn't even want custom models, don't care for it at all. Call it going back in time if you want, but I enjoyed SA:MP for SA:MP, not MTA.
To be fair, I totally agree with this statement. Although custom objects and skins are not that bad, but please don't let servers be able to change everything, I don't want to download stuff for 30 minutes before entering a server
__________________

Gforcez1337 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/06/2018, 10:19 PM   #15
Scones
Huge Clucker
 
Scones's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: 127.0.0.1
Posts: 442
Reputation: 57
Default Re: Why people still use 0.3.7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calgon View Post
Some of us didn't even want custom models, don't care for it at all. Call it going back in time if you want, but I enjoyed SA:MP for SA:MP, not MTA.
This... Back when I first started playing I always hoped for custom models, but soon I learned the downsides. Is it really fair to force your players to download a bunch of custom shit?

Also, I do believe that one of the reasons SA:MP has so many players compared to MTA, is how low hardware requirements actually are.
__________________
Scones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/06/2018, 05:44 AM   #16
tessssst
Little Clucker
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: new zealand
Posts: 11
Reputation: 0
Default Re: Why people still use 0.3.7

because everyone else uses it
tessssst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/06/2018, 05:58 AM   #17
Potassium
High-roller
 
Potassium's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 3,028
Reputation: 1187
Default Re: Why people still use 0.3.7

I just wish we could go back to not having separate playerbases and let everyone access all servers
__________________
Potassium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/06/2018, 12:56 PM   #18
Janichar35
Little Clucker
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Posts: 2
Reputation: 0
Default Re: Why people still use 0.3.7

Thats just ridicilious, nothing more to say. SA-MP did very big mistake with splitting SA-MP from half.. there are 2 versions right now one is 0.3.7 and other one is 0.3.DL. Since Kalcor decided to not release 0.3.DL officialy, random SA-MP players don't even know if this version exists or not ? So technically its like there is no 0.3.DL version and 0.3.7 is still the main SA-MP lmao so players who just discovered SA-MP download 0.3.7 version, and the ones who don't even bother to check up forums still stick with 0.3.7 version. Just release 0.3.DL from main page already and let everyone download it without accessing to forums dude.

As a SA-MP player who's still playing this game since 2007 its very sad to see SA-MP missed a very big fun feature cause of '' new kid generation '' who doesn't know about anything, and narrow minded back in months when we were heavily discussing between 0.3.7 and 0.3.DL there were players who were saying ''Meh custom skins/maps are unnecessary we like the SA-MP however it is'' its nothing more than stupidy. Sorry but I won't show respect to anyone who's defending this stupid idea, how could someone be against a dope idea like that ? lmao. Thats right, the ones who doesn't find 0.3.DL necessary are narrow minded people and they don't know anything about SA-MP, they don't even know what are the features of 0.3.DL.. I mean comeon lmao who wouldn't want to play with diffrent skins and diffrent maps ? You are just so old school people lmao.
Janichar35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/06/2018, 01:03 PM   #19
Janichar35
Little Clucker
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Posts: 2
Reputation: 0
Default Re: Why people still use 0.3.7

Sorry for SPAM

I also saw some player saying '' its ridicilious to see, severs are forcing you to download custom models and its bull shit'' just lol, almost all of servers on 0.3.DL right now released their cache folder from their forums and they gave their players an oppurtunity to extract cache files into their own folder. It takes only about 10-15 seconds in total, is this the reason why you find custom models unnecessary ? Lol.

Just comeon guys, it been like 12-13 years since SA-MP came out already ain't you bored from playing in same old servers ? Wouldn't you want to see Liberty City Roleplay, Vice City Roleplay or if you don't play Roleplay, wouldn't you want to have Deatmatch in these maps and discover them ? I think it worths it lmao, its a diffrent mentality. With 0.3.DL every shit is possible now, there is nothing you can't do on SA-MP and I wonder who the hell still wants to stick with stupid 0.3.7 version. And the reason why SA-MP is more popular than MTA is, because MTA is always been complicated but SA-MP is more easy than MTA thats it.
Janichar35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/06/2018, 01:45 PM   #20
Verc
Big Clucker
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Posts: 72
Reputation: 20
Default Re: Why people still use 0.3.7

There should be an option in upcoming version(I hope so) where we can disable the download feature,we should see '?' as custom object and the default skin for the custom,just like samp-compat do.
Verc is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Do People have the right to... xSiiLenTx General 1 18/08/2012 11:10 PM
Why some people lost all their things when login and some people not? CTCCoco Help Archive 1 07/07/2011 10:05 AM
People Scaming People's Severs coutanche7 General 19 28/12/2008 04:06 PM


All times are GMT. The time now is 07:55 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.