SA-MP Forums

Go Back   SA-MP Forums > Other > Everything and Nothing

Old 09/07/2017, 08:04 PM   #1
D1am0nd
Big Clucker

Default PUBG for SA-MP?

PUBG, "Player Unknown Battlegrounds" is very popular nowadays for it's multiplayer gameplay and one of the top sellers in steam. I was wundering, if it would be possible to create something similar in samp? Like imagine players would be random spawned at one place, like for example angel pine, or desert near the Las Venturas. Each one of them has a goal to survive untill the circle becomes smaller (which could be the gangzone colour on the minimap) Also the weapons and medkits should be randomly spawned. I know you might say that it's a waste of time, or it will be boring, but if there is dayz, which was from Arma, then I dont think that it wont be impossible to cover PUBG.
D1am0nd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/07/2017, 08:07 PM   #2
marijan95
Big Clucker

Default Re: PUBG for SA-MP?

Aren't there servers with that already? Battle royale or something?
marijan95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/07/2017, 09:22 PM   #3
Astralis
High-roller

http://forum.sa-mp.com/showthread.php?t=636592
Old 09/07/2017, 10:45 PM   #4
Sew_Sumi
High-roller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astralis View Post
He's asking if it's possible, not how to do it... Get out with your eagerness to feed him links to the looking for scripters thread, when this is in Everything and Nothing.

OP: One of the biggest features of PUBG is that you're not just spawned in, you're jumping out of a play where ever you are wanting to bail out.

Are you sure you know what the whole thing works like?

It can be done, just the ring of death wouldn't be an easy thing to line up. Maybe you'd have some arrow pointing the play towards the center, saying "Oi, you're outside the ring!" and dealing damage to them.
Sew_Sumi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/07/2017, 12:03 AM   #5
wallee
Huge Clucker

PUBG costs money and that stops a lot of potential cheaters.. then you have a dedicated anticheat (BattleEye) and what you're left it is (mostly) legit players, an environment where you can actually have fun. In samp you have none of that and all of your hard work on the gamemode would be ruined by idiots. Everybody would be using wallhacks and that kills the core game of PUBG where you don't know if somebody might be hiding in that bush
wallee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/07/2017, 01:28 AM   #6
SteSte
Huge Clucker

Quote:
Originally Posted by D1am0nd View Post
PUBG, "Player Unknown Battlegrounds" is very popular nowadays for it's multiplayer gameplay and one of the top sellers in steam. I was wundering, if it would be possible to create something similar in samp? Like imagine players would be random spawned at one place, like for example angel pine, or desert near the Las Venturas. Each one of them has a goal to survive untill the circle becomes smaller (which could be the gangzone colour on the minimap) Also the weapons and medkits should be randomly spawned. I know you might say that it's a waste of time, or it will be boring, but if there is dayz, which was from Arma, then I dont think that it wont be impossible to cover PUBG.
It's possible to get each players skydiving, and somebody already created a pubg like inventory system, I think it's possible to create pubg, you just need a team,
SteSte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/07/2017, 01:52 AM   #7
Toroi
Gangsta

Quote:
Originally Posted by wallee View Post
PUBG costs money and that stops a lot of potential cheaters.. then you have a dedicated anticheat (BattleEye) and what you're left it is (mostly) legit players, an environment where you can actually have fun. In samp you have none of that and all of your hard work on the gamemode would be ruined by idiots. Everybody would be using wallhacks and that kills the core game of PUBG where you don't know if somebody might be hiding in that bush
totally this

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thanks View Post
So.. hey everyone im trying to searching at ****** how to make leaderboard with Textdraws so i find many but Not in my brain...
Toroi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/07/2017, 01:58 AM   #8
Sew_Sumi
High-roller

It's as if you guys don't know that Anti-Cheats can be scripted or something...

Seriously this is very capable to be done, doesn't need a massive amount of people to make it, and it's totally a good idea at a new mode to be creating.
Sew_Sumi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/07/2017, 02:02 AM   #9
Toroi
Gangsta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sew_Sumi View Post
It's as if you guys don't know that Anti-Cheats can be scripted or something...

Seriously this is very capable to be done, doesn't need a massive amount of people to make it, and it's totally a good idea at a new mode to be creating.
i've yet to see a wallhack anticheat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thanks View Post
So.. hey everyone im trying to searching at ****** how to make leaderboard with Textdraws so i find many but Not in my brain...
Toroi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/07/2017, 06:23 AM   #10
D1am0nd
Big Clucker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sew_Sumi View Post
OP: One of the biggest features of PUBG is that you're not just spawned in, you're jumping out of a play where ever you are wanting to bail out.

Are you sure you know what the whole thing works like?

It can be done, just the ring of death wouldn't be an easy thing to line up. Maybe you'd have some arrow pointing the play towards the center, saying "Oi, you're outside the ring!" and dealing damage to them.
Well, to be honest I haven't played the game yet, because I don't have the money to buy it..
But I agree that it would be a bit complex to script the ring of death feature, of course not a complete copy, but something similar though. I see that some people aren't able play that game for different reasons, so would be really cool to make a sa-mp version. Only I'm not that experienced in scripting..
D1am0nd is offline   Reply With Quote