SA-MP Forums

Go Back   SA-MP Forums > Other > Everything and Nothing

Old 10/07/2017, 02:23 PM   #21
renatog
Huge Clucker

Default Re: PUBG for SA-MP?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sew_Sumi View Post
Shut up about the cheating... Anti-cheat can be scripted, and focusing on the anti-cheat being a problem is simply playing down this guys idea, and being troll-like in the fact that this isn't related...

He's trying to make a gamemode, nothing to do with hacks in the slightest.
The biggest problem in samp are cheaters. Since you have a cheating tool allowing you to manage RPCs and packets you have to bother about cheaters.
About wall hacks, you've never seen? Search it in ******.
Since the fun on PUBG matches is the amount of players (up to 100), wouldn't be viable say to spectate someone.
renatog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/07/2017, 02:38 PM   #22
Sew_Sumi
High-roller

Quote:
Originally Posted by renatog View Post
The biggest problem in samp are cheaters. Since you have a cheating tool allowing you to manage RPCs and packets you have to bother about cheaters.
Since the fun on PUBG matches is the amount of players (up to 100), wouldn't be viable say to spectate someone.
This has no relevance to this thread...

As I said before, he's looking to see how the mode can be made, not whether or not you idiots think that cheaters will be a factor.

Again, Shut up about the 'hackers', and pay attention to what's been said.
Sew_Sumi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/07/2017, 03:44 PM   #23
Dignity
High-roller

Quote:
Originally Posted by renatog View Post
You don't have to spectate random people.

One person yells cheats and everyone jumps on the bandwagon even though most of the people who posted here don't really have a lot of regards of them from what I can see.

It doesn't take a genius to write a script that will possibly detect wallhacks. Most released "wallhacks" aren't even ESPs, they're literal nametag cheats. It takes one line to fix this. For actual ESPs, there's a lot of things you can do to avoid it. Pretty sure most of them only work due to the lagcomp update too, so disabling that would get rid of most of the cheats of this genre.

If OP was to shrug off the idea because of "possible cheaters", then there isn't any point in creating any new DM gamemodes. There's plenty of other gamemodes around doing similar things and they don't seem too bothered by wallhacks.

It's been done before and it was a success. As most people stated previously, the concept is incredibly simple and wouldn't take a lot of work from the developer.

Shoot me or Reyo a PM for more information.
Dignity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/07/2017, 04:05 PM   #24
Wolfe
Big Clucker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sew_Sumi View Post
He's asking if it's possible, not how to do it... Get out with your eagerness to feed him links to the looking for scripters thread, when this is in Everything and Nothing.

OP: One of the biggest features of PUBG is that you're not just spawned in, you're jumping out of a play where ever you are wanting to bail out.

Are you sure you know what the whole thing works like?

It can be done, just the ring of death wouldn't be an easy thing to line up. Maybe you'd have some arrow pointing the play towards the center, saying "Oi, you're outside the ring!" and dealing damage to them.
Or use checkpoints? Can you make the ring size really big?
Wolfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/07/2017, 04:09 PM   #25
Hansrutger
Gangsta

Depends, isn't the middle point of the checkpoint where it streams from? How big do you plan to make this checkpoint

Hansrutger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/07/2017, 05:40 PM   #26
Sew_Sumi
High-roller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfe View Post
Or use checkpoints? Can you make the ring size really big?
Not in the size that would be required.

You'd need indicators on the HUD showing that they are out of the ring, receiving damage and an arrow or something showing them where to head to.

Could even use a flashing map icon or something to make sure it's clear where to head.

Would be awesome to have checkpoints that big, but I don't think it works out even for the game itself, as it was only intended to be 10 or so wide.
Old 10/07/2017, 07:57 PM   #27
wallee
Huge Clucker

Okay i'll shut up about the cheaters just be aware of them .....

@ring, map icon circles from this include can be used:

http://forum.sa-mp.com/showthread.php?t=601855
wallee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/07/2017, 07:58 PM   #28
Spmn
Gangsta

Totally offtopic but some phrases triggered me off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dignity View Post
It doesn't take a genius to write a script that will possibly detect wallhacks. Most released "wallhacks" aren't even ESPs, they're literal nametag cheats. It takes one line to fix this.
I might not be a genius but I'm pretty much sure this is bullshit. Please post that one line to detect/block wallhacks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dignity View Post
For actual ESPs, there's a lot of things you can do to avoid it. Pretty sure most of them only work due to the lagcomp update too, so disabling that would get rid of most of the cheats of this genre.
I think you meant aimbot or no-recoil because ESP got nothing to do with shooting.
Spmn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/07/2017, 08:01 PM   #29
Sew_Sumi
High-roller

Could be used, but the maximum of those icons could prove to be a problem in some instances. The question is though, is how large can the radius be as a maximum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spmn View Post
I might not be a genius but I'm pretty much sure this is bullshit.
I think they're talking of the bones-through-walls crap that's turned up recently. If it is nametag shit, it is a good idea to remove that anyway in a gamemode like this.

Only having tags for team-members is another option in this mode, just the same as the game itself has.
Old 10/07/2017, 08:13 PM   #30
Logic_
High-roller

Checkpoints are not streamed properly if the radius is more than 16 or something, I've done this before for a more complicated script.

SA-MP, G-MOD and Web hosting @ https://www.prestigesteve.com.
Logic_ is offline   Reply With Quote