SA-MP Forums

Go Back   SA-MP Forums > SA-MP Scripting and Plugins > Scripting Help

Old 19/05/2018, 04:34 PM   #21
JasonRiggs
Gangsta

Default Re: Array out of bounds

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y_Less View Post
No. As I said, your function is way too long - split it up in to small parts and it will become much simpler to debug.
The function doesn't have any problem now, the problem just appeared somewhere else as if it's a cancer..

forum.nc-rp.cf
JasonRiggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19/05/2018, 05:56 PM   #22
JasonRiggs
Gangsta

Anyone? What can cause this?

forum.nc-rp.cf
Old 19/05/2018, 07:39 PM   #23
JasonRiggs
Gangsta

So, I believe I figured it out, I guess its an enums problem, because I found that other values not just names don't load, Any idea how to fix that?

forum.nc-rp.cf
Old 19/05/2018, 11:40 PM   #24
Sew_Sumi
Godfather

Rather than bumping this like a madman, show some enum that works, and some that don't.

Also show how you are referring to them in the script as that could be a problem if they aren't referring correctly.
Sew_Sumi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19/05/2018, 11:57 PM   #25
Y_Less
Spam Machine

Probably the same as fixing your function. If a 50 line function is bad, a 50 line enum is so much worse! Split it up.
Y_Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20/05/2018, 12:12 AM   #26
JasonRiggs
Gangsta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y_Less View Post
Probably the same as fixing your function. If a 50 line function is bad, a 50 line enum is so much worse! Split it up.
Actually it's not just 50 lines enums, but 400+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sew_Sumi View Post
Rather than bumping this like a madman, show some enum that works, and some that don't.

Also show how you are referring to them in the script as that could be a problem if they aren't referring correctly.
Okay, there is the most effective command which I noticed..

the stats command, it's too long, but I'll send you the main part of the command..

and the in game result is in the attachments.

PHP Code:
    SendClientMessageEx(targetid0x7514F6FF"____________________ %s [%s] ____________________"nameGetDate());

SendClientMessageEx(targetidCOLOR_WHITE"Level: %i - Gender: %s - Age: %i - Cash: %s - Bank: %s - Hours: %s - Ph: %i"PlayerInfo[playerid][pLevel], genderPlayerInfo[playerid][pAge], FormatNumber(PlayerInfo[playerid][pCash]), FormatNumber(PlayerInfo[playerid][pBank]), FormatNumber(PlayerInfo[playerid][pHours], 0), PlayerInfo[playerid][pPhone]);

SendClientMessageEx(targetidCOLOR_NAVYBLUE"Total Wealth: %s - Experience: %s/%s - Next Level: %s - Upgrade Points: %i"FormatNumber(totalwealth), FormatNumber(PlayerInfo[playerid][pEXP], 0), FormatNumber((PlayerInfo[playerid][pLevel] * 4), 0), FormatNumber((PlayerInfo[playerid][pLevel] + 1) * 5000), PlayerInfo[playerid][pUpgradePoints]);

SendClientMessageEx(targetidCOLOR_WHITE"Inventory Skill: %i/5 - Addict Skill: %i/3 - Trader Skill: %i/3 - Asset Skill: %i/4 - Labor Skill: %i/5"PlayerInfo[playerid][pInventoryUpgrade], PlayerInfo[playerid][pAddictUpgrade], PlayerInfo[playerid][pTraderUpgrade], PlayerInfo[playerid][pAssetUpgrade], PlayerInfo[playerid][pLaborUpgrade]);

SendClientMessageEx(targetidCOLOR_NAVYBLUE"Job: %s - Job 2: %s - Crimes Commited: %s - Times Arrested: %s - Wanted Level: %i"jobsecondjobFormatNumber(PlayerInfo[playerid][pCrimes], 0), FormatNumber(PlayerInfo[playerid][pArrested], 0), PlayerInfo[playerid][pWantedLevel]);

SendClientMessageEx(targetidCOLOR_WHITE"Warnings: %i - DM Warnings: %i/3 - Report Warnings: %i/3 - Weapon Restriction: %i hours"PlayerInfo[playerid][pWarnings], PlayerInfo[playerid][pDMWarnings], PlayerInfo[playerid][pReportWarns], PlayerInfo[playerid][pWeaponRestricted]);

SendClientMessageEx(targetidCOLOR_NAVYBLUE"Faction: %s - Rank: %s - Division: %s - Gang: %s - Rank: %s - Crew: %s"factionfacrankdivisionganggangrankgangcrew);

SendClientMessageEx(targetidCOLOR_WHITE"Paycheck: %s - Insurance: %s - Channel: %i - Cookies: %s - VIP Package: %s"FormatNumber(PlayerInfo[playerid][pPaycheck]), insurancePlayerInfo[playerid][pChannel], FormatNumber(PlayerInfo[playerid][pCookies], 0), GetVIPRank(PlayerInfo[playerid][pVIPPackage]));

SendClientMessageEx(targetidCOLOR_NAVYBLUE"Playing Time: %i/60 mins - Jail Type: %s - Jail Time: %s sec - Double XP: %i hours"PlayerInfo[playerid][pMinutes], jailtypeFormatNumber(PlayerInfo[playerid][pJailTime], 0), PlayerInfo[playerid][pDoubleXP]);

SendClientMessageEx(targetidCOLOR_WHITE"Married To: %s"PlayerInfo[playerid][pMarriedName]); 
And this is the in game result
Attached Images
File Type: jpg sa-mp-119.jpg (203.4 KB, 5 views)

forum.nc-rp.cf
Old 20/05/2018, 05:49 AM   #27
Sew_Sumi
Godfather

Why all that FormatNumber?

Making all of this happen at once, will likely cause issue as what Y_Less has been saying. All of those calls are being done on that one line.

But why format all those numbers like that, they should almost be in the correct format already before this.
Old 20/05/2018, 07:00 AM   #28
Y_Less
Spam Machine

Yes, my point was an enum 50 lines long is terrible, so one 400 lines long must be horrific.
Y_Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20/05/2018, 11:20 AM   #29
JasonRiggs
Gangsta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sew_Sumi View Post
Why all that FormatNumber?

Making all of this happen at once, will likely cause issue as what Y_Less has been saying. All of those calls are being done on that one line.

But why format all those numbers like that, they should almost be in the correct format already before this.
Guys the point is that they used to work,and there are servers using this script and it's working..

forum.nc-rp.cf
Old 20/05/2018, 07:20 PM   #30
Sew_Sumi
Godfather

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonRiggs View Post
Guys the point is that they used to work,and there are servers using this script and it's working..
Bad coding practices will collapse over time... It may work in its state, but it's bad, and then when it breaks, it's real bad.

What'd you do, or update around the time this started?