SA-MP Forums

Go Back   SA-MP Forums > SA-MP > General

Old 07/06/2018, 04:55 AM   #41
Ss4gogeta0
Little Clucker

Default Re: Why is the sa-mp rp community reluctant to change

Well, twice Ive tried to do something new (mainly GTA United:RP (2013-2014 with Audiophr3ak & 2015-2016 with Soupiest) yet due to how they required the united TC itself, hardly anyone played.

with 0.3.DL having something like LC and VC in SAMP (Among many other maps) would be a lot easier to do, sadly I don't have the money or skills necessary to do so anymore. But that hasn't stopped me from messaging server owners and suggesting the idea!

I would love to see those Driver 2 maps turned into their own SAMP servers though

Quote:
Originally Posted by JesterlJoker View Post
People grow up yes but doesn't mean they stop. If things are enjoyable everyone would want a piece of it. I for one is already 22 old enough to stop the diddle daddle on SA-MP but still I'm here. I am not leaving this place until everyone dies out. I still see developers doing their best to make SA-MP a better place that's why I'm not leaving, nobody has given up. It's just the server owners are afraid and are dying. If people are just more appreciative to change rather than just wanting something that the server owner cannot or would not add because of his own reasons.

Now a days RP people would want the bag system, the dynamic house system, etc etc... If they see new things they ignore it and ask the server owner to add this and that and other things that the server doesn't necessarily need since not every server caters the same idea.
im 25 and I still participate on forums and sometimes in the server, been playing SAMP since 2009ish
Ss4gogeta0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/06/2018, 12:58 PM   #42
Sasino97
High-roller

Lightbulb Re: Why is the sa-mp rp community reluctant to change

Most of the RP servers are the same, and I agree. They are all based on pre-existing successful models. They think that doing this all the time:
Quote:
/me puts his hand in his pocket, brings out a cigarette and lights it.
is actually playing. To me that is simply boring and a waste of time.

We play games to see new things, that is the best thing a game can have. When the player continuously discovers new things during his gameplay he is motivated to keep playing. Also the player should not be forced to memorize and type commands all the time, this is also a problem IMO.

I am recently writing in my spare time a new version of my unreleased, unpublished Sasinosoft Roleplay.
This gamemode is started from scratch, and it will mainly feature A.I. bots (using FCNPC), which will behave somewhat like the Sims. They will not be just pedestrian extras who walk around, instead the player will be able to have complete RP situations with them. Each one of them has its own stats which are saved in the database, like for regular players. They have their own inventories and they may sell or buy items from the players or from other bots. They can make ties with players and other bots, so that they become friends, fiances, or spouses of them. They will send you SMSs on your phone, go to places in autonomy, do the same jobs as the players, drive in street races...

Most of the interaction of the player with the world will be done through the hotkeys and the dialogs, although the commands for basic things will still be there for those who prefer them. Why create a /houseinventory command while you can place a safe in the house with a 3D text label saying "Press return to open the inventory"? Look at the console games, none of them uses text commands and yet you can play them anyway.

I think nice cutscenes and stories are also cool, and will attract players' interest, that is why I dedicate time on it. Also I have picked many beautiful maps from the members of this community, and I have extended LS Airport.
Old 07/06/2018, 06:28 PM   #43
Sew_Sumi
Godfather

Default Re: Why is the sa-mp rp community reluctant to change

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sasino97 View Post
Most of the RP servers are the same, and I agree. They are all based on pre-existing successful models. They think that doing this all the time:

is actually playing. To me that is simply boring and a waste of time.
So because the wheel is round, you'd be revolutionary and make it a damn cube...

Good job there. It's the way it is, because it's how it was made, and is the accepted norm.

It's a PC game, so it uses the keyboard... To bring consoles into this, is simply pointless, because they HAVE to use shorter and smaller control functions, because, they only have 20 keys total... Keyboard has a lot more than that, including modifiers and the like.
Sew_Sumi is offline   Reply With Quote