SA-MP Forums

Go Back   SA-MP Forums > SA-MP Scripting and Plugins > Scripting Help > Discussion

Old 02/08/2013, 06:17 PM   #21
[ABK]Antonio
High-roller

Default Re: The "Real" vehicle speed thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Zeus View Post
Except the bump of an old thread, you stated something and my answer is pretty much what someone above said "GTA Logic". How is that even possible, sabre being faster than sultan?
There's nothing wrong with bumping a thread if you have some sort of contribution towards it.

I wouldn't doubt if Sabre was faster than Sultan. Sultans are actually really slow but favored among communities.

ABKClan.com
[ABK]Antonio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/08/2013, 05:47 PM   #22
Pottus
Godfather

You guys have probably missed my ultimate test I'll post it here where it belongs.

Code:
new Float:vx, Float:vy, Float:vz, Float:vel;
vel = GetVehicleVelocity(GetPlayerVehicleID(playerid), vx, vy, vz);
vel = (floatsqroot(((vx*vx)+(vy*vy))+(vz*vz))* 181.5);

Here is the golden nugget direct proof of concept.

Notes:

- Velocity calculation is not accurate
- We are looking to compare two different velocity calculations which are "average speed" in km/h vs immediate speed through GetVehicleVelocity()
- There should be a reasonable tolerance of around +/-5km/h between these comparisons regardless of velocity
- The average speed is taken over a distance of 500 meters

Here are the results of the test:

(All Numbers are in km/h)
Infernus: Top Speed: 223 Average Speed: 219.298 Tolerance: 3.702
Jester: Top Speed: 179 Average Speed: 176.71 Tolerance: 2.29
Tug: Top Speed: 86 Average Speed: 85.20 Tolerance: 0.8

Ignore the speedometer on the last test it isn't consistent when using speed boost the settings are as follows. Were looking to see how well the speed boost which uses GetVehicleVelocity() can compensate by maintaining the designated top speed. This test is not particularly accurate the Infernus will get a higher top speed it's mainly to demonstrate general consistency even in more extreme cases which increases confidence in the overall consensus of the velocity tests.

Key Poll Update: 200ms timer (Not timerfix corrected)
Acceleration Factor: 1.2x
Max Speed: 400 km/h
Average Speed: 404.67 km/h

Documented video testing
[ame]http://www.*******.com/watch?v=qbZhMxsr8G0[/ame]
Pottus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/08/2013, 06:53 PM   #23
-Prodigy-
Huge Clucker

Looks good. You should maybe try a road that is completely flat. Anyone up to get all vehicle's top speeds?
-Prodigy- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/08/2013, 06:55 PM   #24
Kar
High-roller

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Prodigy- View Post
Looks good. You should maybe try a road that is completely flat. Anyone up to get all vehicle's top speeds?
He did..

Also the incline there is perfect, it gives the vehicle a little extra at the beginning. You know most stuff here is inaccurate...
Kar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/08/2013, 06:57 PM   #25
-Prodigy-
Huge Clucker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kar View Post
He did..

Also the incline there is perfect, it gives the vehicle a little extra at the beginning. You know most stuff here is inaccurate...
incline road != completely flat. Even if it's a small incline, it could still throw off the speed even by a little.
-Prodigy- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/08/2013, 07:00 PM   #26
Kar
High-roller

Apparently you don't understand how vehicles here work. I didnt said an incline is flat.

If you want to correct it, do it yourself. I saw his tests in-game, he showed me. There is a reason behind everything.

Also how does the incline even disrupt the calculations? the vehicle would reach the speed anyway.

Last edited by Kar; 05/08/2013 at 04:54 AM.
Kar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/08/2013, 07:52 PM   #27
Pottus
Godfather

I can't see the incline having any real impact when the tests are not 100 percent accurate to begin with were dealing in terms of averages and probabilities were looking for a consistent pattern to approximate a formula that is where 181.5 came from.

Over many tests these results will be within a +/-5 tolerance which is expected the reinforcing factor is speed has little influence over the tolerance at low and high speeds and speeds between the two calculating systems would both follow a curve on a graph within the expected tolerance.
Old 05/08/2013, 12:47 AM   #28
Mauzen
Godfather

It would be rather interesting to try to find out where the velocity values actually come from, then you could calculate the 100% exact multiplicator.
So samp uses meters as the default unit, gta probably also does. Using meters and yards internally at the same time would be a crappy waste of performance, so the velocity will also be some kind of meter value. The velocity values also will be used for something internally, would be a waste if they would be some value, just calculated for showing the speed. It would also be a more handy value then, like m/s m/millisecond or km/h, but it isnt.
So what could be the real use of these values?
Mauzen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/08/2013, 01:59 AM   #29
Edix
Big Clucker

You guys do understand that speed is based on distance/time.

All you need to do is to get a vehicle top speed and check the distance it driven for 1 second and then all you have to do is devide the distance by the time passed or you could just use this simple tool: www.unitarium.com/speed-calculator

I based the distance unit on kilometers as GTA SA was developd by Rockstar North which are from the UK that are part of Europe which use metric system

Anyway the magic number I found to be the perfect magic number is : 191
Edix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/08/2013, 04:53 AM   #30
Pottus
Godfather

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edix View Post
You guys do understand that speed is based on distance/time.

All you need to do is to get a vehicle top speed and check the distance it driven for 1 second and then all you have to do is devide the distance by the time passed or you could just use this simple tool: www.unitarium.com/speed-calculator

I based the distance unit on kilometers as GTA SA was developd by Rockstar North which are from the UK that are part of Europe which use metric system

Anyway the magic number I found to be the perfect magic number is : 191
I don't think so, look at all the tests I did if I put in 191 the results would be completely out to lunch lets see how out to lunch your "magic number" is

The results of 191

(All Numbers are in km/h)
Jester: Top Speed: 188.3 Average Speed: 176.70 Tolerance: 11.6
Tug: Top Speed: 90.4 Average Speed: 85.41 Tolerance: 5.0

Obviously this fails the tolerance criteria of +/-5 which is to compensate for lag and any other precision loss.

[ame]http://www.*******.com/watch?v=jLRcIhYQaBo[/ame]

Last edited by Pottus; 07/08/2013 at 05:30 AM.