SA-MP Forums

Go Back   SA-MP Forums > SA-MP Scripting and Plugins > Filterscripts > Includes

Old 22/08/2017, 08:33 PM   #341
IstuntmanI
High-roller

Default Re: Dialogs include - Adding new styles to SAMP GUI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gammix View Post
Who plays the game not on 1080p in 2017?!

Anyways I'll post the .tde files of yhe dialogs. Luckily i saved them!
Well, a huge amount of SA-MP players play on resolutions lower than 1024x768. I have lots of players that play on 800x600. Well, this is more common in poorer countries (they are the majority of SA-MP anyway, richer countries moved to playing modern games), of course. Not everyone lives in Canada and US. Technically, I'm just a bit over 720p: 1600x900 (laptop).

By the way, it would be great to make some defines with automatic calculation of offsets. It would be better to specify all kind of offsets at compile time (or even at run time, but this would be harder), such as height, width and each listitem X/Y size.

I really dislike the size of the dialog: it is too small, both in height and width. But this would require a lot of messing around with the coordinates and I guess you don't have time for that. I tried to mess around with them but they are tricky, you used lots of box "tricks", also the order of textdraw creation matters a lot here. Previously I used mSelection, which offered big previews, so the difference is huge. In this include the previews are really small compared to mSelection.

You should compare mSelection to this one, while this one feels more modern, you can also get annoyed by the small sizes of the previews. mSelection was too big, while this one is too small.

IstuntmanI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23/08/2017, 03:09 AM   #342
Gammix
High-roller

Quote:
Originally Posted by IstuntmanI View Post
Well, a huge amount of SA-MP players play on resolutions lower than 1024x768. I have lots of players that play on 800x600. Well, this is more common in poorer countries (they are the majority of SA-MP anyway, richer countries moved to playing modern games), of course. Not everyone lives in Canada and US. Technically, I'm just a bit over 720p: 1600x900 (laptop).

By the way, it would be great to make some defines with automatic calculation of offsets. It would be better to specify all kind of offsets at compile time (or even at run time, but this would be harder), such as height, width and each listitem X/Y size.

I really dislike the size of the dialog: it is too small, both in height and width. But this would require a lot of messing around with the coordinates and I guess you don't have time for that. I tried to mess around with them but they are tricky, you used lots of box "tricks", also the order of textdraw creation matters a lot here. Previously I used mSelection, which offered big previews, so the difference is huge. In this include the previews are really small compared to mSelection.

You should compare mSelection to this one, while this one feels more modern, you can also get annoyed by the small sizes of the previews. mSelection was too big, while this one is too small.
Yea i am making an algorithm for the size and position of preview models. So you would get the appropriate size according to the number of columns and rows you want, yes that will be user defined now. But later!

Retired from SA-MP

Gammix is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03/09/2017, 10:34 AM   #343
Dignity
High-roller

What do you think about adding more buttons? I.e: a button for previous, next and cancel or yes, no, maybe, or choice a, choice b, choice c, etc.
Dignity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/09/2017, 05:07 PM   #344
Gammix
High-roller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dignity View Post
What do you think about adding more buttons? I.e: a button for previous, next and cancel or yes, no, maybe, or choice a, choice b, choice c, etc.
According to how the textdraws are made, its easier to add more buttons and textdraws. I don't have time for making new updates for all my SAMP libs, all i can do is provide help related to the include and/or fix bugs in current version.

Retired from SA-MP

Old 03/09/2017, 06:08 PM   #345
JasonRiggs
Huge Clucker

I've got a suggestion to improve that include, Maybe automatically freeze the player when the dialog appears on the screen so he will be controllable with the mouse cursor and unfreeze when he selects to quit, or selects a specific item listed, to make it more easier to create a dialog using ur include.

Server IP: 185.12.178.71:7799
Beta Launched!
JasonRiggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/09/2017, 07:26 PM   #346
Gammix
High-roller

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonRiggs View Post
I've got a suggestion to improve that include, Maybe automatically freeze the player when the dialog appears on the screen so he will be controllable with the mouse cursor and unfreeze when he selects to quit, or selects a specific item listed, to make it more easier to create a dialog using ur include.
SelectTextDraw already freezes the player, after all then only you can use a mouse cursor!

Retired from SA-MP

Old 13/09/2017, 03:31 PM   #347
deely
Little Clucker

Post Re: Dialogs include - Adding new styles to SAMP GUI

How i can add only 5-6 skins to buy?
Code:
CMD:skins(playerid){
if(PlayerToPoint(1.0,playerid,207.1203,-129.6667,1003.5078)){
const MAX_SKINS = 312;
new string[MAX_SKINS * 5];
for (new i; i < MAX_SKINS; i++){
format(string, sizeof string, "%s%i\n", string, i);}
return ShowPlayerDialog(playerid, 0, DIALOG_STYLE_PREVIEW_MODEL, "Odberete skin", string, "Button 1", "Button 2");}
return 1;}
Code:
if (dialogid == 0)
{
    if (response)
    {
        SetPlayerSkin(playerid, listitem);
        return 1;
    }
}
deely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13/09/2017, 04:31 PM   #348
Gammix
High-roller

Quote:
Originally Posted by deely View Post
How i can add only 5-6 skins to buy?
Code:
CMD:skins(playerid){
if(PlayerToPoint(1.0,playerid,207.1203,-129.6667,1003.5078)){
const MAX_SKINS = 312;
new string[MAX_SKINS * 5];
for (new i; i < MAX_SKINS; i++){
format(string, sizeof string, "%s%i\n", string, i);}
return ShowPlayerDialog(playerid, 0, DIALOG_STYLE_PREVIEW_MODEL, "Odberete skin", string, "Button 1", "Button 2");}
return 1;}
Code:
if (dialogid == 0)
{
    if (response)
    {
        SetPlayerSkin(playerid, listitem);
        return 1;
    }
}
Just like you show 5-6 listitems in a DIALOG_STYLE_LIST.
PHP Code:
ShowPlayerDialog(playerid0DIALOG_STYLE_PREVIEW_MODEL"Skin dialog""0\tskin1\n1\tskin2\n2\tskin3\n3\tskin4\n4\tskin5""Select""Close"); 

Retired from SA-MP

Old 15/09/2017, 12:51 PM   #349
oMa37
High-roller

Is it possible to make something like the image below but vehicles instead of skins with this include?:
oMa37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15/09/2017, 01:13 PM   #350
Gammix
High-roller

That dialo style has been removed from the current version.

Retired from SA-MP