SA-MP Forums

Go Back   SA-MP Forums > SA-MP > General

Old 16/02/2018, 07:31 PM   #11
nl-videomaster
Little Clucker

Default Re: English heavy RP servers and their low playerbase

Quote:
Originally Posted by rt-2 View Post
I think the fact of giving godlike power to people in RP environment is just wrong.
It breaks the RP. Normally those admins declare PG everything that doesn't fall into the exact RP that this server wants...
There is no new story possible, they will think of 1 possible outcome for every story and if you deviate, it's "not realistic"
I'm for a server where player can just play, and admins just don't exist.
At the risk of going slightly off topic and being slightly offensive... You sound to me like one of those people that will argue that it makes total sense to kidnap someone you just had a traffic collision with to harvest their organs, or a person who thinks killing someone simply because they didn't want to be your girl-/boy-friend, or cutting off peoples toes because you don't like the way they looked at you.

Sorry if you're not... okay, but a lot of people always complain that "Oh I can't do my RP freely" there's a lot of freedom, just sometimes you gotta be slightly realistic. In general not everyone is a terrorist or total lunatic. Not everyone grew up as the biggest gangster in town having their parents shot by the time they were 11 and grew up with their gang banger brother, or a boy who enlisted to become a Tier-1 operator in the special forces, delta forces, navy seals whatever. There's a lot of freedom, just not when you go to the unrealistic or uncommon.
Old 16/02/2018, 07:37 PM   #12
Jwp1fwl
Little Clucker

Quote:
Originally Posted by nl-videomaster View Post
At the risk of going slightly off topic and being slightly offensive... You sound to me like one of those people that will argue that it makes total sense to kidnap someone you just had a traffic collision with to harvest their organs, or a person who thinks killing someone simply because they didn't want to be your girl-/boy-friend, or cutting off peoples toes because you don't like the way they looked at you.

Sorry if you're not... okay, but a lot of people always complain that "Oh I can't do my RP freely" there's a lot of freedom, just sometimes you gotta be slightly realistic. In general not everyone is a terrorist or total lunatic. Not everyone grew up as the biggest gangster in town having their parents shot by the time they were 11 and grew up with their gang banger brother, or a boy who enlisted to become a Tier-1 operator in the special forces, delta forces, navy seals whatever. There's a lot of freedom, just not when you go to the unrealistic or uncommon.

I gotta agree with this guy here, saying you want a server that admins doesn't exist, are you dense? Admins are needed on a RP server period, furthermore, give examples of where a admin says it's powergame. prove me wrong. so I agree with Wilson
Jwp1fwl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17/02/2018, 11:14 PM   #13
AndrewShepherd
Little Clucker

I honestly can't see why RCRP is low on players, they have the best staff, and the community overall is super awesome, and respectful and they don't seem to show evidence of dying anytime soon.
Old 18/02/2018, 02:22 PM   #14
Worstworld
Little Clucker

Most of them are starting by now, its not easy to start from 0.
Worstworld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18/02/2018, 02:42 PM   #15
JeremyHolden
Little Clucker

That feeling when english community screamed, "THE RUSSIAN SERVER'S USING OF THE FAKE ONLINE !!! 1". Bots removed - online the same. Can you really use fake online?
JeremyHolden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18/02/2018, 04:04 PM   #16
nl-videomaster
Little Clucker

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremyHolden View Post
That feeling when english community screamed, "THE RUSSIAN SERVER'S USING OF THE FAKE ONLINE !!! 1". Bots removed - online the same. Can you really use fake online?
Off topic much?
Old 18/02/2018, 05:31 PM   #17
JeremyHolden
Little Clucker

Quote:
Originally Posted by nl-videomaster View Post
Off topic much?
avhahaha. I just said because of what fell online for full RP projects from the English segment.
Old 18/02/2018, 06:00 PM   #18
JeremyHolden
Little Clucker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalcor
If you knew the full history of the server, I think you'd agree it's better to shut it down. There were immature things that happened inside the administration that nobody will ever forget, and it's better to bury the remains. I could say similar things about ls-rp and vG.
#EnglishRPserver'sClosed
Old 19/02/2018, 01:50 AM   #19
Trevor19012
Big Clucker

I honestly believe it has something to do with people who get banned from the popular servers and then think they can run a duplicate server. I feel kind of bad for these people because they waste their money on expensive forum software like vBulletin and IPB and waste money on hosting and the hosted tab. These servers are ran the same, have the same roleplay, and really have nothing else to offer.

When I check out a new english server, I always check the forums to see how proper their english is and to make sure they are not using a LLC in their name, because granted it may make them look cool to 14 year olds who think they are a legit company, but to us in our 20's or 30's it makes them look stupid. Almost every new server that I have checked out that calls itself english have either shown me they are not capable of running a server by how they present themselves on their forums or in discord, or by how much they suddenly get bored of "trying" and go file an unban appeal with whatever server they came from.

I really believe the only reason Bay Area Roleplay, and no offense to Rehasher, they all do great work, no shade. I believe the only reason that this server is getting so much traction is because of only Damian or Mr. LSRP, people who remember him get some kind of nostalgia of some golden days I think it is and they wanted to feel it again. If it weren't for Damian, I am sure Bay Area Roleplay would be no where on the map of popularity, again, no offense to Rehasher.
Old 19/02/2018, 11:04 PM   #20
Sneakerhead
Little Clucker

There's a lot of of heavy roleplay servers with owners who don't take the time to actually run their server and improve on it. Leading to them having only 0 players after a few days and eventually closing. Hopefully there's an increase in low roleplay servers, as all the heavy roleplay servers I've been on are boring and have nothing new to offer.
Sneakerhead is offline   Reply With Quote