SA-MP Forums

Go Back   SA-MP Forums > SA-MP > General

View Poll Results: Would you join a low playerbase server that requires server applications?
Yes, I would 16 20.51%
It depends on the server 35 44.87%
No, I would not 27 34.62%
Voters: 78. You may not vote on this poll

Old 13/01/2018, 11:07 PM   #21
CloutToken
Little Clucker

Default Re: How Do You Feel About Server Applications?

If it's a server with a very small playerbase (10-20), then no.
If it's a big server (100+ players consistently), then yes, I do.
However, IG RP quizzes should always be on a RP server.
CloutToken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14/01/2018, 12:50 AM   #22
Shplinx
Little Clucker

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloutToken View Post
If it's a server with a very small playerbase (10-20), then no.
If it's a big server (100+ players consistently), then yes, I do.
However, IG RP quizzes should always be on a RP server.
That's kind of my thought personally. I think any server needs to have some form of quiz to verify if a new user grasps the basic concept of roleplay. Usually these are done in-game.
Shplinx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14/01/2018, 10:38 AM   #23
nl-videomaster
Little Clucker

It does have to be noted though that an ingame quiz is something that can be "BruteForced" and by that I don't mean a bot (not worth the time) but a player. But I don't see anything wrong with that either. I mean, they've acknowledged the rules, seen what you want them to answer, so are aware of the rules somewhat. That way you do allow some noobs on, yes, but dedicated ones, as some other guy noted we were all once that one noob that didn't know RP at all and learned through experiencing it.

And to immediately sweep the kids away about the heavy RP aspect of it. I don't think it's "THAT" hard to teach even to noobs. Kids in lower RP servers always tell me "Oh I don't believe you can be Heavy RP'er because you don't write good /me's" they'd refer to my simplistic way of writing /me's as sometimes I just can't be bothered, and they'd give some fabulous /me and say that they are amazing, while completely neglecting the fact that anything they write in /me is just simply unrealistic or inadequate for their character, etc.

E.G. some kid started hugging the mirror of my police cruiser, wrapping his arms tightly around it (and whatever other fabulous description he made about hugging it) and said that's how Heavy RP is to be done. Shoutout to that kid: "Writing fabulous /me's doesn't actually make you able to do Heavy RP, it has to do with development of your character and realism!"
Old 14/01/2018, 11:22 AM   #24
GRiMMREAPER
Big Clucker

The best approach, if you really want to filter out "bad" roleplayers, would be creating a quiz in-game. People are often turned away from joining a server if there's too much hassle to just get in-game and play.

The best, best approach, would be not having any quizzes whatsoever. Let people join, and if they don't have any idea how to roleplay, teach them. That's why staff exist.

Last edited by GRiMMREAPER; 14/01/2018 at 12:04 PM.
GRiMMREAPER is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 14/01/2018, 02:46 PM   #25
TakeiT
Gangsta

Quote:
Originally Posted by nl-videomaster View Post
It does have to be noted though that an ingame quiz is something that can be "BruteForced" and by that I don't mean a bot (not worth the time) but a player.
If the quiz is the same every time then yeah. My server has a pool of about 100 questions created in game, and it picks 10 out of random and randomizes the answers every time. So if you select A and its correct, even if you logged back in after failing and got that question again, A might not be the answer. Still not bullet proof, it just is that one extra step.

Also you could make it so if they fail 3 times then they're banned.
TakeiT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14/01/2018, 03:11 PM   #26
iLearner
Gangsta

Ban for three fails grrr
iLearner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21/01/2018, 04:30 PM   #27
simpleroot
Little Clucker

The best way is to take IG quizzes on release then if you get a good player base switch to UCP Registration.

imo UCP Registration seems professional and sometimes filters out hackers although that isn't the case always, one thing I hate is long registrations on UCP, if it's a simple quiz with a few questions then you're good to go without any story bullshit then yes, but if you're required to write a story then that's just a waste of time if it gets denied.
simpleroot is offline   Reply With Quote