SA-MP Forums

Go Back   SA-MP Forums > SA-MP > General

Old 03/10/2014, 09:19 AM   #1
Tamer
High-roller

Default SA-MP hosted tab listing price raise to 15 euro.

Game-mp raised the price per listing to 15 Euro monthly.

I've heard that it writes this at the main page:

"Notice
Due to a large number of servers on the SA-MP hosted list, the price of listing has been increased. If the new price is unacceptable, please use other means to promote your server (Youtube, SA-MP forum)."

- Ridicule.
- Violent opposition.
- Acceptance.

Quote:
The greatest hypnotist on the planet Earth is an oblong box in the corner of the room. It is constantly telling us what to believe is real. If you can persuade people that what they see with their eyes is what there is to see you've got them. you know because they'll laugh in your face of an explanation that portrays the biggest picture of what's happening... and they have.

Last edited by Tamer; 03/10/2014 at 12:33 PM.
Tamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/10/2014, 09:36 AM   #2
ev0lution
Gangsta

Default Re: SA-MP hosted tab listing price raises to 15 euro.

This is a step in the right direction, but I think it still needs to be higher. Lots of terrible servers can download a script, change the name and get >15 Euro per month by charging people for in-game cash, "VIP" privileges or even worse, admin rights.

I suppose we'll see how it goes, though. Yay SA-MP!
Old 03/10/2014, 09:58 AM   #3
Vince
Spam Machine

I'm not so sure if that's actually the best solution. It enlarges the gap between the rich and the poor. While I agree that it needs a fair price to be competitive, there is also limit. With 15 I can pay our current server for 5 (!) months. I'd rather like to see a 50% price increase with each additional listing in the account. First server 10, second server 15, third server 22.5 and so on. Basically, the notice says "If you don't like it, fuck you!".

Maybe it's a forebode to the official list coming back, who knows.
Old 03/10/2014, 10:01 AM   #4
rymax99
Gangsta

There's always been problems with the way it works. If you think this change is a legitimate solution to the problem, you're an idiot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ev0lution View Post
This is a step in the right direction, but I think it still needs to be higher. Lots of terrible servers can download a script, change the name and get >15 Euro per month by charging people for in-game cash, "VIP" privileges or even worse, admin rights.

I suppose we'll see how it goes, though. Yay SA-MP!
The money isn't a big deal. If the quality is what Kalcor wants, he could control it with other means. This is more of a "I'm short on cash" kinda deal.
rymax99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/10/2014, 10:10 AM   #5
Fernado Samuel
Gangsta

This is not a fare rule . I am having 5 Permanent Server in SAMP . I am paying 9 Euro x 5 Per month. Which Is a big amount for me. Increasing Price is not a solution for this. Already SAMP has closed new Register for Host Tab. Increasing price is a way for "SAMP TEAM" to make more money from host tab. Everyone will buy If host price Increase . The Price Increase is not a solution for this. Please decrease the Price to 9 Euro . More than anything this is a game not a money making organisation . " This price Increase make me say "WTF" .

If you need to decrease the server in host tab then make a New List "Golden Tab" . Charge them 15 or 20 Euro .
Fernado Samuel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/10/2014, 10:13 AM   #6
-Shifty-
Huge Clucker

Bringing the official list would be alot better, only SA-MP team verified servers could get in.
-Shifty- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/10/2014, 10:16 AM   #7
Sergei
High-roller

This seems like a welcome change. Number of servers will probably decrease (making the list more exclusive) while the profit will stay the same.
Sergei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/10/2014, 10:29 AM   #8
ev0lution
Gangsta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince View Post
I'm not so sure if that's actually the best solution. It enlarges the gap between the rich and the poor.
That's an issue regardless of the price.

For lots of server owners, money is the most serious/only issue in running a server because they are young and don't have dependable jobs. Raising the price means that people risk more of their money by advertising on the hosted list, which means they need to consider more carefully whether it is the right investment to make. Should they invest their money to put their shit server on the list for a month and make none of it back, or should they invest their time into making a better server so that in the future it can break even?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince View Post
II'd rather like to see a 50% price increase with each additional listing in the account. First server 10, second server 15, third server 22.5 and so on.
That's also a good idea. A brilliant idea, in fact! Particularly because it would stop people selling many more places on the list than there were supposed to be. Registrations were stopped for a reason which resulted in people simply reselling their listings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rymax99 View Post
There's always been problems with the way it works. If you think this change is a legitimate solution to the problem, you're an idiot.
The money isn't a big deal. If the quality is what Kalcor wants, he could control it with other means. This is more of a "I'm short on cash" kinda deal.
I believe it will help alleviate some of the problems with the hosted tab as I described above.

Quality certainly is an issue but you can't effectively regulate quality when the only way to get a place on the list is to buy it. That is a fundamental flaw in the hosted list and anything like it.

But since it does exist, we can try to solve other problems - in this case, quantity. There are too many servers on the hosted list. You say that the money isn't a big deal but I would beg to differ - as I said above, lots of these server owners are very young and seriously have to think about whether or not they want to invest their money in a hosted listing - raising the price means there will be fewer people who can make this choice. In my opinion, the more exclusive the hosted list is, the better.

But I think your opinion kind of loses credibility when you cynically assume that the price increase is a "cash grab" rather than an attempt to make the list better for everybody. That might be a valid argument if you could prove that the number of servers on the list will stay the same, but I'm willing to bet that there will be fewer over the next few months.
Old 03/10/2014, 10:39 AM   #9
Fernado Samuel
Gangsta

Quote:
Originally Posted by ev0lution View Post
That's an issue regardless of the price.

For lots of server owners, money is the most serious/only issue in running a server because they are young and don't have dependable jobs. Raising the price means that people risk more of their money by advertising on the hosted list, which means they need to consider more carefully whether it is the right investment to make. Should they invest their money to put their shit server on the list for a month and make none of it back, or should they invest their time into making a better server so that in the future it can break even?
True . Most of the server owners are below 18. Mostly aged between 10-16 . I Agree with you 100 % .
Fernado Samuel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/10/2014, 10:41 AM   #10
God'Z War
Gangsta

"Due to a large number of servers on the SA-MP hosted list, the price of listing has been increased"
This is really bad news,
Normally, if we are getting more customer we try to decrease the price but here opposite.

God'Z War is offline   Reply With Quote