SA-MP Forums

Go Back   SA-MP Forums > SA-MP > News and Updates

Old 03/07/2017, 11:55 PM   #991
Swinte
Big Clucker

Default Re: 10 Years of Samp

Wow, that's true, but let's hope one day he updates the samp.

Code:
Brasil Play Fatal
================
ip.bpfsamp.com:7777
ts3 : 45.58.122.69:9001
================
São Paulo F.C <3
Usuário de 2013
Swinte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/07/2017, 02:11 AM   #992
DTV
Huge Clucker

I don't understand why we're pretty much in the dark about what's to come in the future of SA-MP. I don't see why Kalcor or at least someone who's spoke with Kalcor hasn't made a thread of an official statement regarding SA-MP whether he'll ever work on a new update or say that he's finished. I understand that he might not want to due to having to deal with some hate but I don't see how that prevents him from coming on the forum and posting something official about the status of SA-MP to him.
DTV is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04/07/2017, 11:02 AM   #993
TheVektor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Variable™ View Post
You sure you know how hard it is to fix "some bugs"? It is easy to talk, yeah, but fix it? Nope. Keeping in mind this modification is free, no one would provide something for free with no presence of bugs, like why would someone work hard and ruin his life for something which is given for free? SA:MP is considered free because you don't need to buy it in order to play it, also SA:MP doesn't restrict buying GTA:SA itself to play it. Yeah, hosted tab is paid but you don't need hosted tab to download server packages, with your own computer you can run a local server and invite nearby friends to play, it is not a must to have hosted tab to play the game, which means the game is totally FREE. The game bugs do not spoil the game play and most of them happen in rare occasions, the bugs which are considered major can be counted on the fingers.
As a software developer, i know how hard is it to fix bugs and as a software developer i know its more important than adding new and new features.

Rare?
Take a look at those:
http://wiki.sa-mp.com/wiki/Bugs
http://forum.sa-mp.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20&order=desc
TheVektor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/07/2017, 04:10 PM   #994
ReyoDahBoss
Big Clucker

Quote:
Originally Posted by DTV View Post
I don't understand why we're pretty much in the dark about what's to come in the future of SA-MP. I don't see why Kalcor or at least someone who's spoke with Kalcor hasn't made a thread of an official statement regarding SA-MP whether he'll ever work on a new update or say that he's finished. I understand that he might not want to due to having to deal with some hate but I don't see how that prevents him from coming on the forum and posting something official about the status of SA-MP to him.
I agree with this, communication with the community needs to be established. It's not that hard to write up a statement on the status of the SAMP project. People brag about updates a lot but what people really require is an "Are you alive?" statement from the developer and his beta testers.

A small notification about the situation or just a clear simple notice from one of the beta testers about this whole absence would be more than enough to keep the community interested and listening, temporarily at least.

My theory of the absence is that the beta testers are informed of the situation but are not allowed to speak a word of it, some lost interest perhaps and those who disagreed with this absence decided to depart. Im thinking ever since the whole DamianC/Mmartin/Mow management knife-stabbing situation, people had lost faith in one another and that resulted in the departing factors.

Nevertheless, if the project was abandoned the forums would have been too. But it doesn't seem that way, fully. Dugi still seems to administer the forums time-to-time to keep some sense of peace.

Click on the logo to join our Discord

Stay up to date with our progress: http://ww-rp.net/

ENTERTAINER | MAPPER | ORIGINAL SUPPORTER FOR KOMPOT
FOLLOW REYO ON YOUTUBE
ReyoDahBoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05/07/2017, 10:57 PM   #995
Logic_
High-roller

The reason why people ask for update is just to satisfy themselves.
Writing something on this thread is really hard, it took me over 15 minutes to think what should I actually write. Because this now appears as a farewell message to me.

Redefining possibilities and roleplaying. Join now!
IP: play.ww-rp.net:7777

SA-MP hosting 50% off with coupon 'GrandOpening' @ https://www.prestigesteve.com.
Logic_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05/07/2017, 11:18 PM   #996
Freaksken
Huge Clucker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logic_ View Post
Because this now appears as a farewell message to me.
That's exactly what I was thinking, but I never wanted to say it. To me it is his goodbye to the community.

Includes:Filterscripts:Screenshots and Videos:Tutorials:Works in progress:
FCNPC A.I.Adminhelp (outdated)Leatherface/Jason Voorhees/Michael MyersSpeedometerSingle-player-like Mission
Freaksken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16/07/2017, 07:32 PM   #997
xF4Life
Huge Clucker

people still play?
xF4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16/07/2017, 07:41 PM   #998
adrianlouise
Huge Clucker

Quote:
Originally Posted by xF4Life View Post
people still play?
Yes so many people
Old 16/07/2017, 10:31 PM   #999
Easy1
Little Clucker

Too many people overdramatizing this whole thing.
Old 16/07/2017, 11:31 PM   #1000
TakeiT
Gangsta

I think they're not posting anything at all until most people leaves so it will officially die. Forums are pretty well inactive these days (all but the scripting help really), hasnt been an update in over two years, a lot of big servers are gone.
TakeiT is offline   Reply With Quote