SA-MP Forums

Go Back   SA-MP Forums > SA-MP Server > Server Support

Old 13/01/2018, 08:18 PM   #11
Sew_Sumi
Godfather

Default Re: Random mass timeouts after grading Debian.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FufLa View Post
There's no solution to the issue in there though. Merely the fact that Debian 8 does fix it. Debian 9 seems to be on the borked side again.
Bullshit... There's many avenues for investigation in there.
Sew_Sumi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16/01/2018, 05:22 PM   #12
ThatOneDude
Little Clucker

I agree. Not sure where to start though. Can't seem to discern a trigger. Nothing from the kernel in dmesg, no uptick in traffic or SQL queries, no change in network availability or stability.

(Unrelated: I'm really cringing at the broken title of this thread.)
ThatOneDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18/02/2018, 12:33 AM   #13
ThatOneDude
Little Clucker

I found what so far appears to be a solution (other than reinstalling Debian 8 ). This leaves the rest of your system intact.

Before using these instructions, you should be familiar with running a samp server on Linux as well as have a basic understanding of Linux and Debian.

Install debootstrap using your package manager (apt-get or aptitude for Debian).
Create a new directory with your choice of name. (I went with "/jessie-chroot" in the root filesystem)
Use debootstrap to install your choice of distribution (I went with jessie, which is the code name for Debian 8 )
As root or using sudo, use chroot to enter the new Debian environment you have installed.
Install libstdc++ 6 within your environment.
Make a new user to run your samp03server.
Install and run the samp03server. (I put mine in my new samp user's home directory)

This gives you the benefits of running your samp server from Debian 8, while allowing you the security of keeping an up to date Debian 9 as your primary system. (And for those of you who have already upgraded and are having timeouts, this will save you having to wipe and start over.)

These instructions should also work for Ubuntu, but I have not tested them and cannot confirm.
ThatOneDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22/05/2018, 09:25 AM   #14
Ivory
Big Clucker

I have a same problem when i upgrade to debian 9. I think, the best solution is to externalise service in a docker container from debian 8 image. This is a best practice if you want to stay updated for all services, for example you can create a docker container from php7.2-apache image for you website and create another container for database and another for your samp server. This makes it possible to configure each VM (docker container) with the perfect configuration for each service. Once the image (Dockerfile) created, you have only bound all the containers together. With this solution you can have last technologies php, mariadb on your website container and your samp server running without problems. It's not difficult to understand docker mechanic but just it's difficult to understand how create, build, start docker image and link container with the docker-compose but this is a best !!!!

Thank you for you post

[Filterscript] Éditeur d'accessoire
[Filterscript] Multi éditeur
[Include] Gestion de preview model

Ivory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22/05/2018, 09:29 AM   #15
Ivory
Big Clucker

Look this for example :

https://github.com/Pyrax/samp-docker

This a Dockerfile for samp, it's really interesting and complete solution to this problem

[Filterscript] Éditeur d'accessoire
[Filterscript] Multi éditeur
[Include] Gestion de preview model

Ivory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22/05/2018, 11:10 AM   #16
Sew_Sumi
Godfather

Has anyone even thought to check with Debian to see if there's an issue that they've actually found at some stage?
Sew_Sumi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22/05/2018, 02:42 PM   #17
MustangV10
Huge Clucker

I've noticed this too on Debian 9, Ubuntu 18.04 and even CentOS 7. Running CentOS 6 (EOL 2020) and no problems whatsoever. Each time, stock configs with the exception of MariaDB over MySQL.
MustangV10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22/05/2018, 02:48 PM   #18
Calgon
Godfather

Pretty sure a fairly big (once upon a time) roleplay server had this issue on Debian, moved to CentOS and problems were solved.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MustangV10 View Post
I've noticed this too on Debian 9, Ubuntu 18.04 and even CentOS 7. Running CentOS 6 (EOL 2020) and no problems whatsoever. Each time, stock configs with the exception of MariaDB over MySQL.
Not sure if they use 6 or 7 but there's no harm in just using 6, it's stable and works fine.
Calgon is offline   Reply With Quote