SA-MP Forums

Go Back   SA-MP Forums > SA-MP Scripting and Plugins > Filterscripts > Includes

Old 26/04/2017, 03:20 AM   #11
Gammix
High-roller

Default Re: lagcomp.inc - Fixed lagcomp response

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killa[DGZ] View Post
A few small issues with this, tested with 10 players within a deathmatch.

You get full armour everytime you kill somebody?(confirmed multiple times)
Sometimes when shooting someone you lose health instead of the target?(confirmed multiple times)
Yea right, i see the mistakes in code but i will be able to update the include by tomorrow.
Old 26/04/2017, 03:30 AM   #12
Killa[DGZ]
Huge Clucker

Alright man whenever you can.. thanks very much, it really does improve things quite substantially.

EDIT: Fake killing is still possible also Gammix, I was just fake killed by someone while driving(they were passenger), instead now I actually die when they fake kill me due to the damage sync your include provides, which must mean that they're calling OnPlayerTake/GiveDamage with damage values?

They had no weapons.

Last edited by Killa[DGZ]; 26/04/2017 at 07:21 AM.
Killa[DGZ] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26/04/2017, 07:16 AM   #13
Kar
High-roller

What exactly is wrong with the current lagcomp?
Kar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26/04/2017, 07:24 AM   #14
Killa[DGZ]
Huge Clucker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kar View Post
What exactly is wrong with the current lagcomp?
Well for starters it has more delay than an old amstrad computer?.. using this include makes giving/taking damage much much better.
Old 26/04/2017, 07:43 AM   #15
Kar
High-roller

Quote:
Well for starters it has more delay than an old amstrad computer?.. using this include makes giving/taking damage much much better.
Hmm, what else?

I'm just curious, obviously I always make my own system but I want to know what all this really 'fixes'. (I wanna make sure I'm not missing anything lol)
Kar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26/04/2017, 07:57 AM   #16
Killa[DGZ]
Huge Clucker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kar View Post
Hmm, what else?

I'm just curious, obviously I always make my own system but I want to know what all this really 'fixes'. (I wanna make sure I'm not missing anything lol)
For me it fixes the issue where sometimes you shoot someone, an you shoot an shoot an shoot and blood is pissin out of the target but you can't seem to take much health from them until you get really close.

In general, it just makes damage much more synchronized, even my players commented on how fast it was to react when they shot/hit someone an also the bugs :P
Old 26/04/2017, 09:37 AM   #17
Yashas
Gangsta

Quote:
For me it fixes the issue where sometimes you shoot someone, an you shoot an shoot an shoot and blood is pissin out of the target but you can't seem to take much health from them until you get really close.

In general, it just makes damage much more synchronized, even my players commented on how fast it was to react when they shot/hit someone an also the bugs :P
Your last comment sounds impossible. Can you elaborate on what you meant?

@Gammix What's the bug with lagcomp?

The only issue I am aware of is that some non-desynced players become bulletproof and none of the callbacks get called (I am not even sure if this has to do something with my code; it happens to 4-5 players a day and it is not possible to reproduce it in an empty gamemode).
Yashas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26/04/2017, 10:22 AM   #18
Killa[DGZ]
Huge Clucker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yashas View Post
Your last comment sounds impossible. Can you elaborate on what you meant?

@Gammix What's the bug with lagcomp?

The only issue I am aware of is that some non-desynced players become bulletproof and none of the callbacks get called (I am not even sure if this has to do something with my code; it happens to 4-5 players a day and it is not possible to reproduce it in an empty gamemode).
Never heard of that issue Yashas, not sure how thats came about.. be really tricky to fix too I imagine.

In short, the include from my understanding sets everyone to the same team (enables friendly fire) and uses the damage callbacks to negate from the victims health accordingly.

Not sure why, but it is alot quicker and persistant to update than the normal way.. just try it.
Old 26/04/2017, 10:37 AM   #19
Yashas
Gangsta

Quote:
Never heard of that issue Yashas, not sure how thats came about.. be really tricky to fix too I imagine.

In short, the include from my understanding sets everyone to the same team (enables friendly fire) and uses the damage callbacks to negate from the victims health accordingly.
I am not sure about the bulletproof issue. It happens so rarely that it makes it very difficult to reproduce it in an empty gamemode. I would need to invite hundreds of players to play in am empty gamemode and wait for it happen.

The other issue is callbacks aren't called always and there are an awful lot of bug reports of this in the Bug Reports section already.

What did it really fix?

Quote:
Not sure why, but it is alot quicker and persistant to update than the normal way.. just try it.
Where did you test?
Yashas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26/04/2017, 10:55 AM   #20
Gammix
High-roller

The issue with lagcomp is that it first of all doesnt work with melee weapons, when you try to hit someone but it doesnt call OnPlayerTakeDamage, you have to predict like in old days where to fire. Best is that you go in an empty gamemode and test the way "Testing" section in main post says (two times, one without this include and one with).
Ofcourse wait till i fix the bug(s).

Secondally lets say you have a deagle and you fire 7 bullets, its likely that all the shots will register OnPlayerTakeDamage (all the shots were hit) but they will call OnPlayerWeaponShot and OnPlayerGiveDamage. So that part is fixed in this.

So the reason why i set all to same team is so that player cannot damage a player with any weapon, neglect OnPlayerTakeDamage completely for player hit player. So i manually handle damage system in OnPlayerGiveDamage which makes it protective from hacks too.