SA-MP Forums

Go Back   SA-MP Forums > SA-MP Scripting and Plugins > Filterscripts > Includes

Old 21/03/2017, 03:38 AM   #21
AndySedeyn
High-roller

Default Re: projectile.inc - PeppeAC's physics modified and simpler version

Are the objects in your examples supposed to hold the same altitude while they move? They also don't seem to react to objects with which they collide.
AndySedeyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21/03/2017, 03:22 PM   #22
Gammix
High-roller

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndySedeyn View Post
Are the objects in your examples supposed to hold the same altitude while they move? They also don't seem to react to objects with which they collide.
Altitude is varying, 2 CA_RayCastLine are used to calculate the maximum and minimum Z the object can reach.

By object reaction, you mean simulation to simulation response? If so no there is no simulation to simulation reaction yet but can be added in future version.

Howz it going?!

Gammix is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 21/03/2017, 03:32 PM   #23
AndySedeyn
High-roller

The Z position of the object doesn't change - It slides to its end position in mid-air: http://i.imgur.com/HHUBROq.png
I understand that collisions with the projectile and the CA map are done internally, right? Objects don't simulate collisions yet?
Old 21/03/2017, 03:50 PM   #24
Gammix
High-roller

Quote:
The Z position of the object doesn't change - It slides to its end position in mid-air: http://i.imgur.com/HHUBROq.png
I understand that collisions with the projectile and the CA map are done internally, right? Objects don't simulate collisions yet?
http://i.imgur.com/qicFj3V.jpg
I tested the example and my objects are staying at ground after collision.

There's no collisions with projectiles, so if you throw a deagle and another deagle at the same time from opposite direction, they won't collide but go straight to their respective path. (and all these checks are done internally you just need to throw the deagle!)

What i can think of in your case might be player collision which might bug, did you throw the object very close to a wall?

Edit: or maybe you have a big "sphere_radius" set in Projectile function?

Howz it going?!

Old 21/03/2017, 03:58 PM   #25
AndySedeyn
High-roller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gammix View Post
http://i.imgur.com/qicFj3V.jpg
I tested the example and my objects are staying at ground after collision.

There's no collisions with projectiles, so if you throw a deagle and another deagle at the same time from opposite direction, they won't collide but go straight to their respective path.

What i can think of in your case might be player collision which might bug, did you throw the object very close to a wall?
I threw the deagle right in front of Jefferson motel in the middle of the street, so I guess not. To further test this, I drove to LV to test it in the middle of nowhere and same results - it just slides to its destination in mid-air.

And I meant collisions with walls and such, because that isn't working either.

EDIT: I took the example from your GitHub and didn't change anything. The code is loaded in as a filterscript.
Old 21/03/2017, 04:05 PM   #26
Gammix
High-roller

Quote:
I threw the deagle right in front of Jefferson motel in the middle of the street, so I guess not. To further test this, I drove to LV to test it in the middle of nowhere and same results - it just slides to its destination in mid-air.

And I meant collisions with walls and such, because that isn't working either.

EDIT: I took the example from your GitHub and didn't change anything. The code is loaded in as a filterscript.
Maybe you don't have cadb in scriptfiles? I know thats a stupid question but sometimes you might forgot to add it...
Cause that can be the only reason why collisions are not working, due to unsuccessful loading of collision data.

Try it in a gamemode, edit "OnFilterScriptInit" to "main".

Howz it going?!

Old 21/03/2017, 04:15 PM   #27
AndySedeyn
High-roller

Quote:
Maybe you don't have cadb in scriptfiles? I know thats a stupid question but sometimes you might forgot to add it...
Cause that can be the only reason why collisions are not working, due to unsuccessful loading of collision data.
I had it, but I didn't know it had to be called 'colandreas.cadb'. I didn't see the console print where it said that I was missing the data. My bad. Thanks for the support.

Nice include, very easy to use.
Old 21/03/2017, 04:25 PM   #28
Gammix
High-roller

Quote:
I had it, but I didn't know it had to be called 'colandreas.cadb'. I didn't see the console print where it said that I was missing the data. My bad. Thanks for the support.

Nice include, very easy to use.
Thanks and you can also apply rotation to deagle to make it look better plus decrease the sphere_radius a bit so it sticks to the ground.

Howz it going?!

Old 22/03/2017, 06:06 PM   #29
Gammix
High-roller

Update v1.3.3:
- Gravity effect introduced (action = reaction), this was responsible for no bouncing before.
- Modified default param values in "Projectile" so the setting is now set for a ball like object nature.

Known bug:
- Sometimes the object goes under footpaths while sliding which cause the object to float and it never calls OnProjectileStop.

Howz it going?!

Old 22/03/2017, 06:46 PM   #30
AndySedeyn
High-roller

Quote:
Update v1.3.3:
- Gravity effect introduced (action = reaction), this was responsible for no bouncing before.
- Modified default param values in "Projectile" so the setting is now set for a ball like object nature.

Known bug:
- Sometimes the object goes under footpaths while sliding which cause the object to float and it never calls OnProjectileStop.
Nice! Though, OnProjectileStop seems to be called prematurely. It's an annoyance when you create an object that is supposed to replace the projectile under OnProjectileStop (the replacement object would be in the air instead of on the ground).