SA-MP Forums

Go Back   SA-MP Forums > SA-MP Scripting and Plugins > Plugin Development

Old 20/06/2014, 01:52 AM   #21
Pottus
Godfather

Default Re: [In Development] SA-MP+ - Adding new features to SA-MP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitetiger View Post
Audio plugin was mildly successful to say the least... People are still using it on their servers, even after audio streaming came... You don't have to be so negative. These kind of things CAN work, they're just much more difficult for obvious reasons.
I'm not being that negative, just expressing fair warning. If server owners want to take risks with hacky plugins that is fine but they should know that if they rely on these things they are likely making a poor choice.
Pottus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20/06/2014, 04:19 AM   #22
KingHual
High-roller

Quote:
Originally Posted by [uL]Pottus View Post
I'm not being that negative, just expressing fair warning. If server owners want to take risks with hacky plugins that is fine but they should know that if they rely on these things they are likely making a poor choice.
I wouldn't say so. Right now I'm working on security and will soon be adding packet acks to bring spoofing to a minimum.
Old 20/06/2014, 05:33 AM   #23
Tamer
High-roller

The idea is indeed good however even the way I courage a part of my playerbase which does understand English to install this to their computers, most probably my Russian playerbase which only joins-plays-quits on my server won't understand a single thing, causing complications.

This is something that depends on popularity, if a lot of servers start using the secondary client then the players will have to download it, but only if a few use it then the only damage will happen to the server owners -- loosing their playerbase.

- Ridicule.
- Violent opposition.
- Acceptance.

Quote:
The greatest hypnotist on the planet Earth is an oblong box in the corner of the room. It is constantly telling us what to believe is real. If you can persuade people that what they see with their eyes is what there is to see you've got them. you know because they'll laugh in your face of an explanation that portrays the biggest picture of what's happening... and they have.
Tamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20/06/2014, 06:19 AM   #24
LeaveMe
Banned

I guess this is against SA-MP rules to disable HUD for players. Also this is a memory-hacking plugin which this might be also prohibited. Anyway good work, however this is going to be abused, people can edit this to work as spyware and ask their users to install this plugin, and then steal their bank accounts ? I see too much scam in SA-MP forums.
Thanks anyway.
LeaveMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20/06/2014, 06:39 AM   #25
KingHual
High-roller

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeaveMe View Post
I guess this is against SA-MP rules to disable HUD for players. Also this is a memory-hacking plugin which this might be also prohibited. Anyway good work, however this is going to be abused, people can edit this to work as spyware and ask their users to install this plugin, and then steal their bank accounts ? I see too much scam in SA-MP forums.
Thanks anyway.
The server plugin does in no way hack into the server's memory. The client DLL doesn't alter memory in SA-MP's memory space either. I spoke to 2 beta testers before creating this thread and they've given me permission.
Regarding scams - there won't be any issues as long as players only use THIS plugin. I'll also be adding CRC checks in the future.
Old 20/06/2014, 07:11 AM   #26
slayer101
Gangsta

Isn't this similar to SAMPFox?

http://forum.sa-mp.de/gta-multiplaye...0-3z/?ea99962f
slayer101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20/06/2014, 07:58 AM   #27
Tamer
High-roller

King, you should add an automatic updater and allow updating/downloading ONLY from there (a host that you will host) to avoid spyware, also when a new version is out, the client plugin should tell the player that they need to update the plugin, if you do that this plugin will spread quick.

- Ridicule.
- Violent opposition.
- Acceptance.

Quote:
The greatest hypnotist on the planet Earth is an oblong box in the corner of the room. It is constantly telling us what to believe is real. If you can persuade people that what they see with their eyes is what there is to see you've got them. you know because they'll laugh in your face of an explanation that portrays the biggest picture of what's happening... and they have.
Tamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20/06/2014, 08:41 AM   #28
RenovanZ
Gangsta

Very nice!
Love the ToggleHUDComponentForPlayer, I've been waiting for this so long! Good work!

RenovanZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20/06/2014, 09:03 AM   #29
KingHual
High-roller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tamer T View Post
King, you should add an automatic updater and allow updating/downloading ONLY from there (a host that you will host) to avoid spyware, also when a new version is out, the client plugin should tell the player that they need to update the plugin, if you do that this plugin will spread quick.
Yes, I've been thinking about it. I'll also be coding a server browser for it, which will support SA-MP+ queries as well, so that it also lists SA-MP+-specific server options and rules.
Old 20/06/2014, 10:26 AM   #30
Michalec
Big Clucker

Wow, I've always waited for stuff like that. Great work. Keep up
Michalec is offline   Reply With Quote