SA-MP Forums

Go Back   SA-MP Forums > SA-MP > General

Old 14/02/2017, 04:04 PM   #21
Jpzz
Big Clucker

Default Re: What attracts you to a SA:MP server?

Try the server on my sig, jk. Well, what attracts the most is the features of the server, adopting new style in mapping is important for me too as a mapper. And of course, server with good administrators.
Old 16/02/2017, 07:25 PM   #22
ReyoDahBoss
Big Clucker

@Stones

A good zombie outbreak roleplay server for me specifically would be the immersion and simplicity at first sight. The door for development and expansion of your character and journey right around the corner. No made up stories that forces the players straight into the broken down apocalyptic world. But rather a lively world that they themselves will witness fall into dust and blood and use this to shape their story. It would be more than stunning to experience the outbreak /WHILE/ its happening. This would open much room for players to base their stories and alternatively have fun within the roleplay rather than being forced into something they themselves find very long, decaying and boring.

As a starter of the outbreak you can have evacuations, room for people to roleplay as the evacuates offering shelter and aid to those in need. Then over a while you can shape your whole system story to have the outposts outrun and the city in terror. So then you build the story together with your community to a certain degree where they will find it amusing and satisfying.

Imagine you are a working class person, given a list of professions to choose from. Each giving you a range of techniques in the long run and shaping you as a character. Based on the profession you have chosen you are then put into a scenario.

List of possible scenarios:
1. Stadium Match
2. Airplane Flight/Arrival
3. Train Arrival

Each of the scenarios mentioned above involve a traffic of people. This is good as it would help to spread the infection, horror, bloodshed and immersion right into the player's hands. Catching the attention of the newly joined players.

The background story of the infection should be plain and simple, logical to how it could of started. Say a antidote for cancer gone wrong or something. I also notice a lot of these 'zombie rp servers' they use irrelevant photos of different games to portray the amusement of the story in SAMP - I think that is foolish and catfish and you should base your story using in-game shots of experiments or outbreaks or what not.

BLAST TO THE PAST! (COMING SOON)
Upcoming project, if you're interested shoot me or Dignity a pm for the discord!

Last edited by ReyoDahBoss; 11/04/2017 at 06:46 PM.
ReyoDahBoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16/02/2017, 08:56 PM   #23
Yuri8
Big Clucker

Lightbulb Re: What attracts you to a SA:MP server?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReyoDahBoss View Post
@Stones

A good zombie outbreak roleplay server for me specifically would be the immersion and simplicity at first sight. The door for development and expansion of your character and journey right around the corner. No made up stories that forces the players straight into the broken down apocalyptic world. But rather a lively world that they themselves will witness fall into dust and blood and use this to shape their story. It would be more than stunning to experience the outbreak /WHILE/ its happening. This would open much room for players to base their stories and alternatively have fun within the roleplay rather than being forced into something they themselves find very long, decaying and boring.

As a starter of the outbreak you can have evacuations, room for people to roleplay as the evacuates offering shelter and aid to those in need. Then over a while you can shape your whole system story to have the outposts outrun and the city in terror. So then you build the story together with your community to a certain degree where they will find it amusing and satisfying.

Imagine you are a working class person, given a list of professions to choose from. Each giving you a range of techniques in the long run and shaping you as a character. Based on the profession you have chosen you are then put into a scenario.

List of possible scenarios:
1. Stadium Match
2. Airplane Flight/Arrival
3. Train Arrival

Each if the scenarios mentioned above involve a traffic of people. This is good as it would help to spread the infection, horror, bloodshed and immersion right into the player's hands. Catching the attention of the newly joined players.

The background story of the infection should be plain and simple, logical to how it could of started. Say a antidote for cancer gone wrong or something. I also notice a lot of these 'zombie rp servers' they irrelevant photos of different games to portray the amusement of the story in SAMP - I think that is foolish and catfish and you should base your story using in-game shots of experiments or outbreaks or what not.
You are right.You gave me ideas...
Yuri8 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 16/02/2017, 09:08 PM   #24
ReyoDahBoss
Big Clucker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yuri8 View Post
You are right.You gave me ideas...
You wanna collab? I got a few other ideas if you're looking forward onto developing a server.

BLAST TO THE PAST! (COMING SOON)
Upcoming project, if you're interested shoot me or Dignity a pm for the discord!

ReyoDahBoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17/02/2017, 09:11 AM   #25
WashingTonsG
Little Clucker

Dystopian wasteland was better before as project apocalypse roleplay, it seriously was. I for one hate the idea for npc missions, zombies and bandits it seriously just removes roleplay as a whole in my opinion.
It used to be simple and fun back then, a stable playerbase and simplistic commands and script system where you would turn into a zombie whenever you died of an infection.

God how I miss jumping onto roofs and shooting down zombies and they would use some super power jump to get onto roofs and attack us, but now with the npc's they legitimately teleport to you and attack like crazy.
WashingTonsG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17/02/2017, 10:38 AM   #26
Logic_
High-roller

Quote:
Originally Posted by WashingTonsG View Post
Dystopian wasteland was better before as project apocalypse roleplay, it seriously was. I for one hate the idea for npc missions, zombies and bandits it seriously just removes roleplay as a whole in my opinion.
It used to be simple and fun back then, a stable playerbase and simplistic commands and script system where you would turn into a zombie whenever you died of an infection.

God how I miss jumping onto roofs and shooting down zombies and they would use some super power jump to get onto roofs and attack us, but now with the npc's they legitimately teleport to you and attack like crazy.
Thanks to FCNPC where zombies don't just teleport to you.

--

I played on Lorenc' COD server, it was very unique and cool, only the problem was that the Zombie mode increased lag for players playing on the server.
COD-RWW when it was owned by LGC (now it's independent) was cool, I played there for around a year or two, but left after I got bored.

Both of the servers I mentioned have great script and scripters, mapping and everything is good as well but the COD-RWW now has no to little player base.

SA-MP, G-MOD and Web hosting @ https://www.prestigesteve.com.
Logic_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17/02/2017, 06:28 PM   #27
Sumit4
Big Clucker

For my server Click me to see and newbies like to play with them in free time :P
Sumit4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19/02/2017, 02:57 AM   #28
slingshotzz
Little Clucker

I love it.
slingshotzz is offline   Reply With Quote