SA-MP Forums

Go Back   SA-MP Forums > SA-MP Scripting and Plugins > Scripting Help > Discussion

Old 22/12/2011, 01:11 AM   #21
[ABK]Antonio
High-roller

Default Re: anti cheat tips

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tee View Post
They're tips not a system. So download the tips and compile one of your own.
For Armour: You could check if the player is not at the position of the checkpoints in the Ammunation (considering virtual worlds and interiors) and their armour goes to 100.0, then ban them - This could work but might fail in one in ever 1,000,000 players in all sa-mp servers.
For armor...the best way is probably just creating your own ammunation menu/dialog...that way you can control that sort of thing...same with HP and stuff(though with HP machines you can probably check their animation if they're in a certain position instead of removing every sprunk machine/healer)

With timing out a player, I'm not sure if it was fixed in 0.3d however you use to be able to do something like...

pawn Code:
GameTextForPlayer(playerid, ~ryeah, 1000, 0);
If that's fixed in 0.3d disregard it..

You also use to be able to use invalid Object IDs & weather IDs however i'm not sure if the objects one was fixed...the weather one i believe is dependent on the time too
Old 22/12/2011, 03:05 AM   #22
Tee
Gangsta

Quote:
Originally Posted by [ABK]Antonio View Post
For armor...the best way is probably just creating your own ammunation menu/dialog...that way you can control that sort of thing...same with HP and stuff(though with HP machines you can probably check their animation if they're in a certain position instead of removing every sprunk machine/healer)
Care to say what would happen to the checkpoints already in the Ammunation?

Majestic Gaming Freeroam | Roleplay
Forum | Play | My contributions
Tee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22/12/2011, 04:33 AM   #23
cessil
Beta Tester

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tee View Post
Care to say what would happen to the checkpoints already in the Ammunation?
afaik just disabling the interior enter/exits will disable all the ammunation checkpoints.

also the point of timing out a player is so they don't have to rejoin manually, crashing a players client would force them to manually rejoin or they'd just stop playing
cessil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22/12/2011, 04:43 AM   #24
Tee
Gangsta

Well considering that the user doesn't want it disabled. In my house system, players enter via the pickup and exit via the default San Andreas house marker. When they exit I check their position and set them to the correct exit, so it would work.

Majestic Gaming Freeroam | Roleplay
Forum | Play | My contributions
Tee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/01/2012, 05:35 AM   #25
Gamer_Z
High-roller

Location: Fontys Uni. - Applied Sciences (Currently doing the hardest possible study Fontys has to offer)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cessil View Post
Rejoin Check
A pesky thing I've seen on CrazyBob's more than any other server is people rejoining within 20 seconds, these players have been cheaters and very troublesome. You can create a simple check to see if a player rejoins after a Kick or Quit, timeouts usually rejoin within 30seconds so only check for Kicks or Quits.
I save the last 10 names, ips and time they left and check under OnPlayerConnect to see when they quit/were kicked last.
Shall I explain why this is a vry bad method? Especially if we have (My)SQL[i] databases as native functions?
... Use ya brain, tip: timestamp, playername. SQLI: SELECT `time_left_server` FROM player_info WHERE `playername` = `Gamer_Z`; , or something

This is just to point out your faults and so you can correct them.

Anyway you put much time in it so I respect this piece of work (although I won't use any [new?] methods from your #1 post. I'll keep using my own ones ;P ).

New Site (http://gz0.nl)
Google code not working? Try GitHub
Gamer_Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/01/2012, 06:33 AM   #26
cessil
Beta Tester

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamer_Z View Post
Shall I explain why this is a vry bad method? Especially if we have (My)SQL[i] databases as native functions?
... Use ya brain, tip: timestamp, playername. SQLI: SELECT `time_left_server` FROM player_info WHERE `playername` = `Gamer_Z`; , or something

This is just to point out your faults and so you can correct them.

Anyway you put much time in it so I respect this piece of work (although I won't use any [new?] methods from your #1 post. I'll keep using my own ones ;P ).
You haven't pointed out to as why it's a "vry bad method", why would you want to save another variable for every single player when you could just use a small array?

How many players do you have quitting your server per 30 seconds? If it's more than 10 then just increase the array.

I'm open to suggestions but it looks like you're just trying to correct something which doesn't need correcting for the sake of trying to sound smart.
cessil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/01/2012, 10:55 AM   #27
Gamer_Z
High-roller

Location: Fontys Uni. - Applied Sciences (Currently doing the hardest possible study Fontys has to offer)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cessil View Post
You haven't pointed out to as why it's a "vry bad method", why would you want to save another variable for every single player when you could just use a small array?

How many players do you have quitting your server per 30 seconds? If it's more than 10 then just increase the array.

I'm open to suggestions but it looks like you're just trying to correct something which doesn't need correcting for the sake of trying to sound smart.
You are limiting yourself, with SA-MP's abilities you shouldn't.

It's like having a pro sports car but just using it to drive around the city..

Old 04/01/2012, 11:35 AM   #28
Infinity
Gangsta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamer_Z View Post
You are limiting yourself, with SA-MP's abilities you shouldn't.

It's like having a pro sports car but just using it to drive around the city..
How is he limiting himself? Seems to work fine if you ask me.

I apologize for the stupidity of my fellow members

Infinity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/01/2012, 12:43 PM   #29
Gamer_Z
High-roller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infinity View Post
How is he limiting himself? Seems to work fine if you ask me.
let's create an situation where more than 30 players quit because of an crash or whatever, just anything,
If you use built in SQLi functions you can easily save them all, if you use just the 10 player variable you are limiting yourself to the last 10 players, so the other 20 won't be saved....
that is at least NOT usefull to ME, Don't know what you need guys, but again, not usefull for me.. just pointing out as I think there is AT LEAST one more person who thinks the same way as me..

Old 04/01/2012, 02:19 PM   #30
DarkKillerWithPride<3
Big Clucker

So what you are saying is that: Your players only ever have 100% health if they are hacking? Else they will have 99%. This is a good idea
#define Minutes(%1)         (%1 * 60000)
#define Hours(%1)           (%1 * 3600000)
#define Days(%1)            (%1 * 84000000)
#define Weeks(%1)           (%1 * 604800000)
#define Months(%1)          (%1 * 2149200000)
#define Years(%1)           (%1 * 29030400000)
#define BanForHacks(%1)     (%1 * Years(1) * 32040)
Thanks [HiC]TheKiller For The Correct Coding Of The Troll Code.
DarkKillerWithPride<3 is offline   Reply With Quote