SA-MP Forums

Go Back   SA-MP Forums > SA-MP Scripting and Plugins > Scripting Help > Tutorials

Old 20/06/2012, 08:03 PM   #1
newbienoob
High-roller

Location: Follow the moaning coming from your parents' bedroom
Default Login/Register system [YINI+Whirlpool]

Intro

This is my first tutorial on this forums. I've seen many people having a problem with the other YINI tutorials. So in this tutorial, I will teach you how to make your own login/register system for your server using YINI and Whirlpool without having any problem.

Requirements

Before you start, make sure you have all this required plugin/include
YSI - By Y_Less
Whirpool -By Y_Less

Lets Get Started

1)Includes
pawn Code:
#include <a_samp>
#include <YSI\y_ini>  //If you have installed YSI, then you shouldn't have any problem

2)Defines
pawn Code:
#define dregister 2011 //Defining register dialog so it won't mixed up with the other dialogs
#define dlogin 2012 //Defining login dialog so it won't mixed up with the other dialogs
#define UserPath "Users/%s.ini" /*Will define user's account path. In this case, we will save it in Scriptfiles/Users. So create a file inside of your Scriptfiles folder called Users

3)Whirlpool
pawn Code:
native WP_Hash(buffer[],len,const str[]); // Whirlpool native, add it at the top of your script under includes

4)Enum
Enum. What they actually are? <-- Click
pawn Code:
//We will create an enum to store player's data.
enum PlayerInfo
{
    Pass[129], //User's password
    Adminlevel, //User's admin level
    VIPlevel, //User's vip level
    Money, //User's money
    Scores, //User's scores
    Kills, //User's kills
    Deaths //User's deaths
}
new pInfo[MAX_PLAYERS][PlayerInfo]; /*This will create a new variable so we can later use it to saving/loading user's info.*/

5)Stock
pawn Code:
stock Path(playerid) //Will create a new stock so we can easily use it later to load/save user's data in user's path
{
    new str[128],name[MAX_PLAYER_NAME];
    GetPlayerName(playerid,name,sizeof(name));
    format(str,sizeof(str),UserPath,name);
    return str;
}
6)Function
pawn Code:
forward loadaccount_user(playerid, name[], value[]); //forwarding a new function to load user's data

7)Loading User's Account
pawn Code:
//Now we will use our own function that we have created above
public loadaccount_user(playerid, name[], value[])
{
    INI_String("Password", pInfo[playerid][Pass],129); /*we will use INI_String to load user's password.
    ("Password",.. will load user's password inside of user's path. 'pInfo[playerid][Pass]',...We have defined our user's variable above called, pInfo. Now it's time to use it here to load user's password. '129',... 129 is a length of a hashed user's password. Whirlpool will hash 128 characters + NULL*/

INI_Int("AdminLevel",pInfo[playerid][Adminlevel]);/*We will use INI_Int to load user's admin level. INI_Int stands for INI_Integer. This load an admin level. */
    INI_Int("VIPLevel",pInfo[playerid][VIPlevel]);//As explained above
    INI_Int("Money",pInfo[playerid][Money]); //As explained above
    INI_Int("Scores",pInfo[playerid][Scores]);//As explained above
    INI_Int("Kills",pInfo[playerid][Kills]);//As explained above
    INI_Int("Deaths",pInfo[playerid][Deaths]);//As explained above
    return 1;
}

8.)OnPlayerConnect
pawn Code:
/*OnPlayerConnect will be called when players is connected to your server. So now we will need to show a register or login dialog*/
public OnPlayerConnect(playerid)
{
    new name[MAX_PLAYER_NAME]; //Making a new variable called 'name'. name[MAX_PLAYER_NAME] is created so we can use it to get player's name.
    GetPlayerName(playerid,name,sizeof(name)); //Get player's name
    if(fexist(Path(playerid))) /* Check if the connected user is registered or not. fexist stands for file exist. So if file exist in the files(Path(playerid)),*/
    {// then
        INI_ParseFile(Path(playerid),"loadaccount_%s", .bExtra = true, .extra = playerid); //Will load user's data using INI_Parsefile.
        ShowPlayerDialog(playerid,dlogin,DIALOG_STYLE_INPUT,"Login","Welcome back. This account is registered. \nInsert your password to login to your account","Login","Quit");/*A dialog with input style will appear so you can insert your password to login.*/
    }
    else //If the connected user is not registered,
    {//then we will 'force' him to register :)
        ShowPlayerDialog(playerid,dregister,DIALOG_STYLE_INPUT,"Register","Welcome! This account is not registered.\nEnter your own password to create a new account.","Register","Quit");
        return 1;
    }
    return 1;
}

9)OnDialogResponse
pawn Code:
public OnDialogResponse(playerid, dialogid, response, listitem, inputtext[])
{
    if(dialogid == dregister) //If dialog id is a register dialog
    {//then
        if(!response) return Kick(playerid); //If they clicked the second button "Quit", we will kick them.
        if(response) //if they clicked the first button "Register"
        {//then
            if(!strlen(inputtext)) //If they didn't enter any password
            {// then we will tell to them to enter the password to register
                ShowPlayerDialog(playerid,dregister,DIALOG_STYLE_INPUT,"Register","Welcome! This account is not registered.\nEnter your own password to create a new account.\nPlease enter the password!","Register","Quit");
                return 1;
            }
            //If they have entered a correct password for his/her account...
            new hashpass[129]; //Now we will create a new variable to hash his/her password
            WP_Hash(hashpass,sizeof(hashpass),inputtext);//We will use whirlpool to hash their inputted text
            new INI:file = INI_Open(Path(playerid)); // we will open a new file for them to save their account inside of Scriptfiles/Users folder
            INI_SetTag(file,"Player's Data");//We will set a tag inside of user's account called "Player's Data"
            INI_WriteString(file,"Password",hashpass);//This will write a hashed password into user's account
            INI_WriteInt(file,"AdminLevel",0); //Write an integer inside of user's account called "AdminLevel". We will set his level to 0 after he registered.
            INI_WriteInt(file,"VIPLevel",0);//As explained above
            INI_WriteInt(file,"Money",0);//Write an integer inside of user's account called "Money". We will set their money to 0 after he registered
            INI_WriteInt(file,"Scores",0);//Write an integer inside of user's account called "Scores". We will set their score to 0 after he registered
            INI_WriteInt(file,"Kills",0);//As explained above
            INI_WriteInt(file,"Deaths",0);//As explained above
            INI_Close(file);//Now after we've done saving their data, we now need to close the file
            SendClientMessage(playerid,-1,"You have been successfully registered");//Tell to them that they have successfully registered a new account
            return 1;
        }
    }
    if(dialogid == dlogin) //If dialog id is a login dialog
    {//then
        if(!response) return Kick(playerid); //If they clicked the second button "Quit", we will kick them.
        if(response) //if they clicked the first button "Register"
        {//then
            new hashpass[129]; //Will create a new variable to hash his/her password
            WP_Hash(hashpass,sizeof(hashpass),inputtext); //Will hash inputted password
            if(!strcmp(hashpass, pInfo[playerid][Pass], false)) //If they have insert their correct password
            {//then
                INI_ParseFile(Path(playerid),"loadaccount_%s",.bExtra = true, .extra = playerid);//We will load his account's data from user's path
                SetPlayerScore(playerid,pInfo[playerid][Scores]);//We will get their score inside of his user's account and we will set it here
                GivePlayerMoney(playerid,pInfo[playerid][Money]);//As explained above
                SendClientMessage(playerid,-1,"Welcome back! You have successfully logged in");//Tell them that they've successfully logged in
            }
            else //If they've entered an incorrect password
            {//then
                ShowPlayerDialog(playerid,dlogin,DIALOG_STYLE_INPUT,"Login","Welcome back. This account is registered. \nInsert your password to login to your account.\nIncorrect password!","Login","Quit");//We will tell to them that they've entered an incorrect password
                return 1;
            }
        }
    }
    return 1;
}

10)OnPlayerDisconnect
pawn Code:
public OnPlayerDisconnect(playerid, reason)
{
    //Same as OnDialogResponse, we will save their stats inside of their user's account
        new INI:file = INI_Open(Path(playerid)); //will open their file
        INI_SetTag(file,"Player's Data");//We will set a tag inside of user's account called "Player's Data"
        INI_WriteInt(file,"AdminLevel",pInfo[playerid][Adminlevel]); //If you've set his/her admin level, then his/her admin level will be saved inside of his/her account
        INI_WriteInt(file,"VIPLevel",pInfo[playerid][VIPlevel]);//As explained above
        INI_WriteInt(file,"Money",GetPlayerMoney(playerid));//We will save his money inside of his account
        INI_WriteInt(file,"Scores",GetPlayerScore(playerid));//We will save his score inside of his account
        INI_WriteInt(file,"Kills",pInfo[playerid][Kills]);//As explained above
        INI_WriteInt(file,"Deaths",pInfo[playerid][Deaths]);//As explained above
        INI_Close(file);//Now after we've done saving their data, we now need to close the file
    return 1;
}
11)OnPlayerDeath
pawn Code:
public OnPlayerDeath(playerid, killerid, reason)
{
    pInfo[killerid][Kills]++;//Will give 1 kill to killer and it will be saved inside of his/her account
    pInfo[playerid][Deaths]++;//Will give 1 death each time they die and it will be saved inside of his/her account
    return 1;
}

12)server.cfg
Inside of your server.cfg, add this line
Code:
plugins Whirlpool
Congratulations you have successfully created your own login/register system with YINI.

Previews
http://imgffs.com/i/rFexV.png
http://imgffs.com/i/tXUq.png
http://imgffs.com/i/cxNhE.png
http://imgffs.com/i/YXn30.png
http://imgffs.com/i/Exck9.png
http://imgffs.com/i/lDXAm.png

Credits
newbienoob - For making this tutorial
Y_Less - YINI and Whirlpool
iPLEOMAX - For his Enumerators tutorial

NOTE1: There might be some typo in this tutorial. I was too tired. It's 4am right now -_-
NOTE2: If there's any problem/mistake in this tutorial, please let me know.
NOTE3: You can ask here if you have any question/problem.
NOTE4: Make sure you reset all variables under OnPlayer(Dis)Connect so player's stats won't mix up.

Last edited by newbienoob; 22/08/2013 at 02:35 AM.
newbienoob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20/06/2012, 08:46 PM   #2
Mr.Fames
Huge Clucker

Default Re: Login/Register system [YINI+Whirlpool]

good job.
Mr.Fames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20/06/2012, 08:53 PM   #3
Mimic
Huge Clucker

I don't mean any disrespect buddy but...

http://forum.sa-mp.com/showthread.php?t=273088

I don't think there is any need for this tutorial when there is a perfectly good one already. Other than my comment, good job.
Old 21/06/2012, 06:01 AM   #4
Mr.Fames
Huge Clucker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mimic View Post

I don't think there is any need for this tutorial when there is a perfectly good one already. Other than my comment, good job.
That tutorial doesn't explain the usage of whirlpool
Mr.Fames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21/06/2012, 06:04 AM   #5
SkL_MD
Big Clucker

Good work!
SkL_MD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21/06/2012, 08:05 AM   #6
newbienoob
High-roller

Quote:

Have you tried that tutorial? Or that 'Full package'? I can't even login. I've seen many people having a problem with that tutorial. So I made this new one. Plus, that tutorial is using udb_hash to hash password. I'm using whirlpool to hash password which more safer than udb_hash.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y_Less View Post
And don't use udb_hash - it is a very insecure hash algorithm. You need something like Whirlpool.

Even worse than udb_hash though is plain text - ALWAYS encrypt passwords! Would you want other people to be able to read your passwords?
Old 21/06/2012, 12:41 PM   #7
Mimic
Huge Clucker

I have tried that tutorial actually, it worked fine for me. I didn't mean any disrespect, you seem like you've took offence?
Old 21/06/2012, 01:22 PM   #8
newbienoob
High-roller

Quote:
I have tried that tutorial actually, it worked fine for me. I didn't mean any disrespect, you seem like you've took offence?
Nahh, and thanks for your comment.
Old 21/06/2012, 01:29 PM   #9
Jonny5
Gangsta

good work noobienoob

one thing i would bring to users attention is salting the pass words also.
That is if your aim was really to improve security. This will help guard against
rainbow or dictionary attacks.

@ the link to kush's tut,
I actually have done that one when i first started and had no problems.

my personal thoughts are INI files are to be used for
Settings, and a database should be used for data.

either way your code is improving everyday so keep it up noobienoob!

here's a tutorial on salting http://forum.sa-mp.com/showthread.php?t=350664
encase you don't know about it.

If you haven't tried it I suggest you do so.
Pawn PlayGround By Slice!

Last edited by Jonny5; 21/06/2012 at 02:01 PM.
Jonny5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21/06/2012, 02:18 PM   #10
ReneG
High-roller

Not bad at all. Good to see you are using Whirlpool, as said above, you are improving. Keep it up.
ReneG is offline   Reply With Quote