SA-MP Forums

Go Back   SA-MP Forums > SA-MP Server > Server Support

Old 07/10/2015, 02:43 PM   #1
IstuntmanI
High-roller

Default [EXPLOIT ?] Players timing out randomly

Hello,

I have this problem since I reopened my server, I guess that this is a 0.3.7 problem, I'm not sure. In earlier SA:MP version I didn't have these problems. I am not really sure if this should go to "Bug Reports" .

Even when just walking around (so they aren't in any job, minigame or other things), some players, randomly, are getting time outs (the server appears as it is restarting). I don't receive any information in the server log (for example the log messages when a player exceeds the acks limit), also, just in case I increased ackslimit and messageholelimit from 3000 to 5000 and it still occurs. There are sometimes a bunch of players that timeouts and sometimes it happens just to a random player.

Any of you guys also encountered this ? If yes, how did you solve that ? Also, I use the fixes include (I suspect that it can cause some problems, maybe ?). Any ideas about what could happen ? I don't have any idea about what should I check, as it is a pretty complex gamemode with lots of features.

EDIT: See this new post for more informations: http://forum.sa-mp.com/showthread.ph...85#post3688085 .

Last edited by IstuntmanI; 19/04/2016 at 02:51 PM.
IstuntmanI is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07/10/2015, 03:06 PM   #2
Bolex_
Gangsta

Default Re: Players timing out randomly

It can be alot of things, people can timeout, if your firewall is blocking. They can also timeout because their internet is blocking
Old 08/10/2015, 03:12 AM   #3
Kevln
Huge Clucker

Despite the fact that this doesn't happen to me nor to others in general, see if the issue is coming from the host or the gamemode and/or its external components.
Kevln is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/10/2015, 03:32 AM   #4
vanyeuseo
Little Clucker

I don't receive any information in the server log (for example the log messages when a player exceeds the acks limit), also, just in case I increased ackslimit and messageholelimit from 3000 to 5000 and it still occurs. There are sometimes a bunch of players that timeouts and sometimes it happens just to a random player.
vanyeuseo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/10/2015, 02:36 PM   #5
IstuntmanI
High-roller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scripter18 View Post
It can be alot of things, people can timeout, if your firewall is blocking. They can also timeout because their internet is blocking
I talked with my host, they monitored the server, but they didn't see anything bad, so the firewall is ok. It isn't a problem with user's firewall/internet because it happens even to me sometimes and to many others.

Old 09/10/2015, 02:17 AM   #6
Kevln
Huge Clucker

Quote:
Originally Posted by IstuntmanI View Post
I talked with my host, they monitored the server, but they didn't see anything bad, so the firewall is ok. It isn't a problem with user's firewall/internet because it happens even to me sometimes and to many others.
Look into the gamemode and its relations as in, use a different gamemode and see if the issue persists; otherwise, change hosts as that would most likely be the source of the problem.
Kevln is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/10/2015, 02:24 AM   #7
Abagail
High-roller

Don't assume it is the SA-MP server, you may be over-estimating the power of your host who themselves may be dropping the connections without even knowing it.
Abagail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/10/2015, 03:06 AM   #8
Mauzen
Godfather

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abagail View Post
Don't assume it is the SA-MP server, you may be over-estimating the power of your host who themselves may be dropping the connections without even knowing it.
Connection overload would rather cause equal amounts of lag for every player. But I havent heard of a hoster that drops (bans) UDP communication with certain clients if there is too much general traffic
Mauzen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/10/2015, 11:41 AM   #9
IstuntmanI
High-roller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevln View Post
Look into the gamemode and its relations as in, use a different gamemode and see if the issue persists; otherwise, change hosts as that would most likely be the source of the problem.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abagail View Post
Now I excluded the host's firewall and the host in generally, as it is a really really good one and they confirmed that it isn't a problem on their part. They are also hosting the biggest romanian server without problems. There are almost 0% chances to be a problem of theirs.

Now I know that it is something in my gamemode, but I asked if somebody had the same problem and found the problem, and I also said that I use fixes (with many ones disabled, I saw that there could be problems with various fixes from it). For sure it isn't happening in other gamemodes. The problem is that I can't see any similarity between timeouts.

My guess is that IPs could be banned temporary by the server (and I really don't know why, this is why I am thinking of fixes include), but I disabled the silent kick from fixes so it's pretty weird. I think I will add debugs everywhere I deal with kicking, banning and also RCON banning the IPs, I can't think of any other solution to detect the cause.

So, anyone had problems like this from the fixes include ? I don't suspect any other include or other things.

Old 10/10/2015, 11:13 AM   #10
MP2
Godfather

Quote:
Originally Posted by IstuntmanI View Post
Now I know that it is something in my gamemode, but I asked if somebody had the same problem and found the problem, and I also said that I use fixes (with many ones disabled, I saw that there could be problems with various fixes from it). For sure it isn't happening in other gamemodes. The problem is that I can't see any similarity between timeouts.

So, anyone had problems like this from the fixes include ? I don't suspect any other include or other things.
I've disabled 10 or so 'fixes' which actually made things worse and wrote my own fixes. Fixes is known to have issues. Apparently 'fixes2' (the plugin version of fixes) has issues too. Are you running that?
MP2 is offline   Reply With Quote