PDA

View Full Version : Disable Normal Chat Message with Memory Access - Is it allowed?

Momo5000
01/01/2012, 07:19 AM
http://forum.sa-mp.com/showthread.php?t=128338

Kalcor said that we are not allowed to deal with the memory access, but my question is:
Im running a Roleplay Server and im using my own Chat Function that only sends the chat-message in range, if someone writes a message, the message will be shown in the console... its pretty annoying if you have over 200 players online and the console windows is full with chat stuff...

i want to use the console window to see how joins and disconnect + hack messages.

Now i found the variable that shows the chat messages in the conosle, is it allowed to put a JMP on this address?

Thanks...

James Coral
01/01/2012, 07:21 AM
mhm i think its NOT!

Momo5000
01/01/2012, 07:22 AM
yea thats why i want a clear answer Yes or No, not i think no or yes...

before my server gets blacklisted, its better to ask before i do it...

my server does not get any advangte if i use this, it only remove the chat messages from the window because its pretty annoying, its not possible with pawn to remove that.

jamesbond007
01/01/2012, 07:26 AM
JMP ??? LOL wtf

man u wanna reverse samp-server or something?

Momo5000
01/01/2012, 07:36 AM
JMP means JUMP (0xE9 ...)

there is a function inside the samp_server.exe that will call a function to draw the chat. "[chat] [%s]: %s", so i want to put a JMP on that before that functions begins, so he just JUMP to the end of this functions and the chat message will not be shown in the console.

[HiC]TheKiller
01/01/2012, 07:54 AM
Return 0 on OnPlayerText then use SendClientMessage, problem solved?

Momo5000
01/01/2012, 08:10 AM
You dont get it? If i return 0 at OnPlayerText the text will still be shown in the console. im editing the memory to disable it, no need to return 0.

Steven82
01/01/2012, 08:12 AM
You dont get it? If i return 0 at OnPlayerText the text will still be shown in the console. im editing the memory to disable it, no need to return 0.

Um it doesn't show for me in the console when i do it..?

iggy1
01/01/2012, 08:15 AM
SendClientMessage doesn't print to console (SendPlayerMessageToPlayer/All does) so you can use SendClientMessage and return 0 in OnPlayerText like [hiC]Killer said. No real need to use a plugin for that that could get your server blacklisted. With color embedding you can make it look like a player message.

Momo5000
01/01/2012, 08:38 AM
Guys, you dont understand it ... If i do the following:

public OnPlayerText(playerid, text[])
{
return 0;
}

There is no text ingame but the entered text will be shown in the console in the following format:

[chat] [Test_Account]: Hello this is a test!

Steven82
01/01/2012, 07:20 PM
Because you have to use SendClientMessage to all players. Just make a loop, and send the message to every player.

BigETI
01/01/2012, 07:51 PM
Oh please read the goddamn topic again.
If you return 0 on OnPlayerText the message still appears in the console (NOT IN-GAME).

@Momo5000 As Kalcor posted http://forum.sa-mp.com/showthread.php?t=128338 you are not allowed to use any plugins which has "free access" to the Server variables.

Best thing is to save logs you need into special log files.

PowerPC603
01/01/2012, 09:45 PM
Or you could create a separate log-file where you log your other activities you want to track (logging in, leaving, banning, hacking stuff, ...).
Then you don't need the console.

You could create a function that write (appends) a given text to that other log-file.

Gamer_Z
01/01/2012, 09:53 PM
OMG, IT Is allowed to modify the server for your own needs, that are acceptable. What you want to do is acceptable, just edit it , make the JMP working and there you go, just one little problem (or not?) - you also need to modify the linux version (if your server hosts on linux and you test on windows)

BTW by removing that message you don't get any advantage at all, maybe some little performance increase, but mostly from the developer-point-of-view it's just deleting usefull functions to you - I personally think that totally allowed..

If you want to fake your server version, player count or something, no, that's not allowed.