PDA

View Full Version : How to i read "KEY" from .ini file?

Trynda
08/05/2014, 05:15 AM
Hello!

Recently i got this "KEY" and im sure this is the password of user.

But how do i read it? Is there any tool to generate this KEY to PASSWORDS?

http://puu.sh/8DLq4.png

SickAttack
08/05/2014, 05:17 AM
It's hashed, and you can't convert it or read it for protection reasons.

MichealScript
08/05/2014, 05:19 AM
meet me if someone told you how !! i'm going to report you because you want to hashed player accounts.

because the players password is "security" and only user must know his password only !!

i will report you.

superrobot48
08/05/2014, 05:21 AM
you know if u join a server, and they take your password what will u feel?

Trynda
08/05/2014, 05:22 AM
meet me if someone told you how !! i'm going to report you because you want to hashed player accounts.

because the players password is "security" and only user must know his password only !!

i will report you.

Seriously????? Its my own server, And my user pass forgotted.

-_-

ITS MY OWN SERVER BRO!

Want a proof?

superrobot48
08/05/2014, 05:23 AM
so? what if its your own server? . you are not allowed to see the passwords. i think this topic must be locked -_-

Trynda
08/05/2014, 05:26 AM
so? what if its your own server? . you are not allowed to see the passwords. i think this topic must be locked -_-

One of my PLAYER forgot their password, and i want to see it

Do you think im a hacker?? -_- :3

DrakeX
08/05/2014, 05:27 AM
You can try using Crack Station (https://crackstation.net/). I've tested crackstation alongside with several Whirpool hashes (assuming that is what you are dealing with) and it does work, just not all the time.

UberSocks
08/05/2014, 05:30 AM
Instead of trying to recover the password, just create a command to reset a user's password.

superrobot48
08/05/2014, 05:30 AM
One of my PLAYER forgot their password, and i want to see it

Do you think im a hacker?? -_- :3

Delete his account and ask him to create a new 1.
and restore his stats -_-

itsCody
08/05/2014, 05:36 AM
If a user forgot his password can't you give him a website to hash passwords and have him send you the correct formatted hash that your server uses to replace it? <-- Probably a bad idea but that's how I would do it if I was using .ini files :P

It's a lot better than attempting to crack something that's uncrackable, or do what super said, delete it and have him re-register than issue his stats back.

MichealScript
08/05/2014, 11:37 AM
BUT IT ISN'T YOuR PASSWORD!

If you can crack one that a user asked you to, then you can crack others that people haven't asked you to - and at that point you are stealing their passwords.

The point of a hash is that they can have a password on your server without you EVER being able to see the password.

As others have said, the only way to solve a forgotten password is to give them a new one.

****** is very right !! and even if you joined in someone server and the server owner know it you will be angry.
so......
dont ask for it !!!

Trynda
08/05/2014, 11:46 AM
BUT IT ISN'T YOuR PASSWORD!

If you can crack one that a user asked you to, then you can crack others that people haven't asked you to - and at that point you are stealing their passwords.

The point of a hash is that they can have a password on your server without you EVER being able to see the password.

As others have said, the only way to solve a forgotten password is to give them a new one.

So what? its my own server

MichealScript
08/05/2014, 11:47 AM
Your Server But the users passwords not your password !! now stop asking for it i will report your server into your hoster + report you.

Trynda
08/05/2014, 12:05 PM
Your Server But the users passwords not your password !! now stop asking for it i will report your server into your hoster + report you.

ohh, okey i understand now!

Password is hased because if i know the passwod, i can access at their other account, right?

Thanks

Beckett
08/05/2014, 11:43 PM
Praise the lord, it's your server but not your password as ****** said though, and you can't cracked this password it was hashed for a reason.

Abagail
08/05/2014, 11:53 PM
If you forgot your password, and want to reset it find an online encrypter, and replace it.