PDA

View Full Version : Kitten's Zombie Mod 8 help!

HitterHitman
14/05/2014, 01:36 PM
Hello guys can anyone tell me how can I stop the hostname from being changed? because I haven't found any code changing its hostname also please tell me about the "What's the update server?" I have no idea about it.

ball
14/05/2014, 01:49 PM
The server hostname can be changed by rcon command "hostname [string]" - also can be changed by online console in some hostings.

HitterHitman
14/05/2014, 02:07 PM
I know this but there is no rcon command in script for changing the hostname and still it changed anyhelp to stop it?

NaClchemistryK
14/05/2014, 02:19 PM
Some people here don't know what the code of the gamemode is. So we can't tell. As the user ball said, you can use rcon command for that. The rcon commands are built into samp servers. If you don't know how to use rcon, then this is how:
Go on your server.
type /rcon login [rcon password] <-- to log into rcon. Always works.
then use /rcon hostname [name] <-- to change the hostname.
And also, you don't need a rcon command in your script, as I said it is built into samp servers.

Beckett
14/05/2014, 02:31 PM
public ChangeTimer()
{
SendRconCommand("hostname **THE HOST NAME U WANT HERE**");
}

public OnGameModeInit()
{
SetTimer("ChangeTimer",1000,1);
return 1;
}

Since I don't know your code you can just set up a timer that will change the server hostname each 1 second to the one you want incase the host name changes to the other after one second it will change to your own.

I hope this helps.

NaClchemistryK
14/05/2014, 02:34 PM
You forgot to forward the timer.

forward ChangeTimer();
public ChangeTimer()
{
}
Anyway, good suggestion

Beckett
14/05/2014, 02:38 PM
You forgot to forward the timer.

forward ChangeTimer();
public ChangeTimer()
{
}
Anyway, good suggestion

Yes my bad, sorry.

Vince
14/05/2014, 02:49 PM
Did any of you actually read the first post? He wants to STOP the hostname from changing; in which case said SendRconCommand lines need to be removed.

Beckett
14/05/2014, 04:23 PM
Did any of you actually read the first post? He wants to STOP the hostname from changing; in which case said SendRconCommand lines need to be removed.

Did you even read his post? he said that he has no such SendRconCommand in his gamemode.

because I haven't found any code changing its hostname

Imissziu
29/05/2014, 03:19 AM
help ...........................

Threshold
29/05/2014, 04:14 AM
Did you even read his post? he said that he has no such SendRconCommand in his gamemode.

That doesn't necessarily mean he doesn't have any.
The only things that affect the hostname is the server.cfg file and SendRconCommand("hostname ...").
If there isn't any of those in his filterscript/gamemode, then his server.cfg must be wrong.

Imissziu
29/05/2014, 07:35 AM
The only things that affect the hostname is the server.cfg file and SendRconCommand("hostname ...").
If there isn't any of those in his filterscript/gamemode, then his server.cfg must be wrong.

there is no rcon command in script for changing the hostname
:( help

NaClchemistryK
29/05/2014, 07:45 AM
We don't know his script, and he didn't show us his server.cfg
We have tried to help him out in a way we could, and we did. If you know how to fix this stuff, then you can help him with this. Ask him for his script or his server.cfg, if you can help him out, help him. We don't have anything against it.

there is no rcon command in script for changin hostname
Then make one using SendRconCommand()
SendRconCommand(rcon cmd[]);