SA-MP Forums

SA-MP Forums (https://forum.sa-mp.com/index.php)
-   Server Support (https://forum.sa-mp.com/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   Help, someone is hacking my rcon (https://forum.sa-mp.com/showthread.php?t=111803)

BP13 04/12/2009 02:17 AM

Help, someone is hacking my rcon
 
This guy nammed freaking "beatingisback" hacked into rcon and I banned him and he keeps comming back and bans me even externally. So to protect all the users I kicked everyone and locked the server. What now?

Woet 04/12/2009 02:21 AM

Re: Help, someone is hacking my rcon
 
Use a 64 character password, set 'rcon' to 0 and use an admin system instead of RCON.

BP13 04/12/2009 02:22 AM

Re: Help, someone is hacking my rcon
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Woet
Use a 64 character password, set 'rcon' to 0 and use an admin system instead of RCON.

ok ill do that Woet. Since im with ServerFFS should I contact support?

- I just deleted the GM so it can't start. Well ill try your thing too I think he has the ServerFFS password (somehow?) and has ability to restart it if it was locked.

HydraX 04/12/2009 02:33 AM

Re: Help, someone is hacking my rcon
 
You could have backed it up before deleting it..

BP13 04/12/2009 02:43 AM

Re: Help, someone is hacking my rcon
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by HydraX
You could have backed it up before deleting it..

Of course I did why wouldn't I?

Found out that the guy that owns the server with me got hacked and he got passwords to stuff from downloading a virus by accident. The virus also replicates his IP so I have no idea who he is. But I really do think that the support staff at serverFFS could at least TRY to help.

HydraX 04/12/2009 02:55 AM

Re: Help, someone is hacking my rcon
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by [SU
BP13 ]
Quote:

Originally Posted by HydraX
You could have backed it up before deleting it..

Of course I did why wouldn't I?

Found out that the guy that owns the server with me got hacked and he got passwords to stuff from downloading a virus by accident. The virus also replicates his IP so I have no idea who he is. But I really do think that the support staff at serverFFS could at least TRY to help.

What an "accident"

Anyway try what Woet said and see if he can help out.I hope they do

acade 04/12/2009 03:19 PM

Re: Help, someone is hacking my rcon
 
Try changing your control panel password, don't tell your co-owner and tell him because of his virus. Change your rcon password by using a password generator then all should be well.

kaisersouse 04/12/2009 07:13 PM

Re: Help, someone is hacking my rcon
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by [SU
BP13 ]
Quote:

Originally Posted by HydraX
You could have backed it up before deleting it..

Of course I did why wouldn't I?

Found out that the guy that owns the server with me got hacked and he got passwords to stuff from downloading a virus by accident. The virus also replicates his IP so I have no idea who he is. But I really do think that the support staff at serverFFS could at least TRY to help.

So your server was compromised because someone else downloaded a keylogger (and didn't have protection on their computer)...and you feel the hosting company is obligated to help you?

Thats kind of like getting drunk and smashing your car and expecting the person who sold you the car to pay for it.

BP13 04/12/2009 08:20 PM

Re: Help, someone is hacking my rcon
 
Just lock the topic then..


All times are GMT. The time now is 03:25 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.