SA-MP Forums

SA-MP Forums (https://forum.sa-mp.com/index.php)
-   Includes (https://forum.sa-mp.com/forumdisplay.php?f=83)
-   -   [Include] [ MIC ] - [ Make It Comfortable ] - [ Redefined ] (https://forum.sa-mp.com/showthread.php?t=12909)

u.co kaner 23/07/2008 12:35 PM

Re: [ MIC ] - [ Make It Comfortable ]

:o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o wikki is down n no help 4 this :( :( :( :( can u put it back up by any chance?????????? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

BioFreeze 24/07/2008 04:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dark Knight
:o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o wikki is down n no help 4 this :( :( :( :( can u put it back up by any chance?????????? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

You might help yourself first. Download the package on the first page and take a look at the readme. A readme is a guide made for people who want to use this system as good as possible.

[IB]Scorcher 24/07/2008 04:43 PM

Nice and easy, saved my the time ;)

Dragan 07/08/2008 05:10 AM

Can someone please post tutorial for making save file,saving player infos and loading them.
Plzz!!!! I would use MIC wiki but it's down. :'(

Dragan 12/08/2008 05:59 AM

E guys i got problem.
When i do #include <mic> everything is ok.
But if i add like
#include <mic>
#include <mic_house>

Get errors,warnings..undefinied symbols...etc...What shall i do and do i even need to include any other mic ecept <mic> ?

Marcel 12/08/2008 01:48 PM

In mic there is already #include <mic_house>. SO you're loading it twice, only do #include <mic>
Then it's fine, you can use all features.

Kapil 13/08/2008 09:24 AM

Re: [ MIC ] - [ Make It Comfortable ] - [ Redefined ]

'MIC Redefined' out !

eXtreme72 13/08/2008 11:29 AM

Sweeeeeet. Downloading now. Need for checkpoint streamer.

Kapil 13/08/2008 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Y_Leѕѕ
Copied from the "best streamer" topic so you see it:

Sorry, but yours is actually WORSE than xObjects. You have no checking at all for object IDs, making it very easy to crash the script. You destroy and recreate objects which are still in range once a second, leading to flickering objects for players with higher pings, not to mention higher bandwidth usage for the server. You call GetPlayerPos several hundred thousand times a second with a lot of players and objects. And, most importantly, I can't see ANY checking on number of objects displayed, you just keep displaying objects even if the physical SA:MP limit has been reached, meaning your streamer will show up to 255 objects, then keep trying to show more, despite the fact that that is unstable and your hide code will only hide the first 150.

I hate to say it but not only is your object streamer slow and inefficient but fundamentally flawed in logic.

- I know the steamer is being called every second, i neglected it as its not only being used for objects but also icons, and checkpoints.
- I know i havent counted how many objects i am showing, i found that samp itself counts the number of objects which are being showed, so i need not bother.
- I wanted the code to be simpler instead of being too complicated( as i have learnt more complicated more bugs ).
- I never saw a server crash due to a reason of creating many objects.
- There are many live maps, which also call the GetPlayerPos function 100s of times a second, i never heard a problem of lag.

Edit:
- Though i admit that its tough for few servers to handle the steamer,
I will be changing them in the next update.

Kapil 13/08/2008 11:45 PM

Thanks a lot ******, for pointing out my mistakes and bugs,

-o I have added a check to makesure the player adds objects less that STEAM_OBJECTS.
-o I have updated the whole steamer, now GetPlayerPos is only called once per player and uses the icon, checkpoint steamers also use same values.
-o The steamer update timer is now for every 2secs.
-o I have add a check to makesure that the no. of objects created are less than MAX_OBJECTS.
-o I have also added a check to makesure all the objects are destroyed.
-o The flickery effect which u mentioned was some what fixed( i still neglect the rest as its a matter of milliseconds ).

I really thank you for your time and interest. I would appreciate if you could find out more fixes in the updated version and also other systems of MIC.