SA-MP Forums

SA-MP Forums (https://forum.sa-mp.com/index.php)
-   General (https://forum.sa-mp.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Suggestions For Future Sa:MP Versions. (https://forum.sa-mp.com/showthread.php?t=102997)

Luka P. 01/11/2009 08:36 PM

Re: Suggestions For Future Sa:MP Versions.

Quote:

• WebBrowserShowForPlayer(playerid); // Read definition below
  • WebBrowserShowForAll(playerid); // Read definition below
  • WebAddressForPlayer(playerid,address[]); // It should call WebBrowserShowForPlayer and automatically open address[]
  • WebAddressForAll(address[]); // It should call WebBrowserShowForAll and automatically open address[]

DEFINITION: It should open a web browser (not Mozilla FF/IE, but something like Xfire Web Browser (key combination and little window pop up)).

cyber_punk 02/11/2009 12:33 AM

SetClientTimerEx(playerid, funcname, interval, repeating, const format[], {Float,_});

Instead of all the timers being ran server side. Simple timers should be able to be set client side. The reason I am suggesting this is that in my gamemode I use timers to set a cool down time after a perk has been used. All the function does that the timer runs is set a variable to False. The problem comes in that this can equal 20 or so timers per player. Since SetTimer and SetTimerEx set and control the timers server side and could cause lag, why not be able to have the client take some of the simple timer load from the server....

P.s it needs the playerid first to know what client to set the timer up for :P

Cedimedi 02/11/2009 09:45 PM

oh and freeze the head while a special action... FreezeHead -- if SpecialActioninUse

you dont really want to have smoke in your ears etc ^_^

Diablosrouge 03/11/2009 12:27 AM

Suggestions regarding bots:

GetBotHealth(botid, &Float:health)
SetBotHealth(botid, Float:health)
GetBotArmour(botid, &Float:armour)
SetBotArmour(botid, Float:armour)
AddStaticBot(botid, skinid, x, y, z, a)
GetBotPos(botid, x, y, z)
SetBotInterior(botid, x, y, z)
SetBotPos(botid, interiorid)
GetBotInterior(botid, interiorid)
GetBotVirtualWorld(botid, worldid)
SetBotVirtualWorld(botid, worldid)
IsBotAnyVehicle
IsBotInArea

This way bots could protect warehouses, HeadQuarters, anything, and attackers wouldn't have to waste a load of ammo to kill them. And also these functions could be used for a lot more things regarding RP and not only!

Mikep. 03/11/2009 08:21 AM

You can still use player functions on NPCs, you know.

Sergei 03/11/2009 03:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Seif_
No you can't exploit that function... And if it's only in GTA directory, then hacks can be made to be installed in other directories and such.

If possesing in client's privacy isn't abusing ...

And even if you can search whole client's computer like that, you can place those cheats anywhere and you will be scanning whole disc all the time or what?

[eLg]Timmy 03/11/2009 03:29 PM

I dont like the ideas of having downloadable files/custom mods at all. Why does everyone suggest that, put a downloadlink to the e.g. mods on your site. There is no need for mods...
Atleast I wouldn't download mods from a server at all.

Remi-X 03/11/2009 04:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TimmehBoy
I dont like the ideas of having downloadable files/custom mods at all. Why does everyone suggest that, put a downloadlink to the e.g. mods on your site. There is no need for mods...
Atleast I wouldn't download mods from a server at all.

I think it's just nice to use mods with a SA:MP native. Normal mods, which you install on your own, can bug with SA:MP (Crashes). Besides, when the downloading starts, you must be able to cancel the download (or make a yes/no menu on your own before downloading) and you don't have to wait, and you can play without mods.
Because I think it's a nice function, I wants to say this:
pawn Code:
native CreateCustomObjectForPlayer(playerid, modid, dfffile[], txdfile[], colfile[], Float:x, Float:y, Float:z); //new object = Load.....
native LoadCustomVehicleForPlayer(playerid, modid, dfffile[], txdfile[], replacement[]);
native LoadCustomWeaponForPlayer(playerid, modid, dfffile[], txdfile[], replacement[]);
native UnloadCustomModForPlayer(playerid, modid);

forward OnPlayerDownloadStart(playerid, modid);
forward OnPlayerDownloadCancel(playerid, modid);
forward OnPlayerDownloadFinish(playerid, modid);

Mikep. 03/11/2009 04:27 PM

Texture mods are fine, but do you know how annoying it is when someone has a vehicle mod that makes you see them 4 meters under the road? It's annoying.

I have played SA:MP for over 3 years without any mods at all, and i'm not planning on changing that any time soon.

Just play the game.

Daniel_Johnson 03/11/2009 08:35 PM

Is shooting from car with a AK47/M4/shotgun/deagle possible?If not it would be cool to make