SA-MP Forums

SA-MP Forums (https://forum.sa-mp.com/index.php)
-   General (https://forum.sa-mp.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Suggestions For Future Sa:MP Versions. (https://forum.sa-mp.com/showthread.php?t=102997)

[03]Garsino 12/08/2010 11:35 AM

Re: Suggestions For Future Sa:MP Versions.

Quote:

Originally Posted by LOLlolLOL (Post 788902)
Markers like in SP for entering interiors.

You can already script that.

DANGER1979 12/08/2010 11:37 AM

All that is offered above has no serious importance

OnPlayerConnect(playerid, playerSerial); - playerSerial: The player's serial HardDriver number.

GetPlayerSerial(playerid);- This function returns the serial for a specified player.

SetPlayerCheckpoint(playerid, Float:X, Float:Y, Float:Z, Type, Float:Size, visible = 1);

Type:
1: A race checkpoint. These are very tall, but not infinite, light pillars. Checkpoints snap to ground and become invisible after going over a certain Z height.
2: Doughnut shaped ring, normally used for aircraft.
3: Small glowing ground ring. These are the glow markers you walk into to activate missions or events in single player.
4: Arrow pointing down. These are the arrows on the doors you can enter in single player
5: A glowing ball of light.

visible: Every playerid can see the marker. See visibility.

OnTrailerAttachedToVehicle(trailerid, vehicleid); - This event is triggered when a trailer is attached to a truck.

OnPlayerDamage(playerid, killerid, reason, bodypart, Float:healthloss)

killerid: A player representing the player who was the attacker. If there was no attacker this returns false.
reason: An integer representing the weapon the attacker used to kill the player
bodypart: An integer representing the bodypart ID the player was hit on when he got damaged.
3: Torso
4: Ass
5: Left Arm
6: Right Arm
7: Left Leg
8: Right leg
9: Head
healthloss: A float representing the percentage of health the player lost.

OnPlayerWeaponSwitch(playerid, previousWeaponID, currentWeaponID)
previousWeaponID: An integer representing the weapon that was switched from
currentWeaponID: An integer representing the weapon that was switched to

OnPlayerContact(playerid, forplayerid) - This event is triggered when a player concerns other player

CreatePickup(model, type, Float:X, Float:Y, Float:Z, virtualworld = 0, spawntime);

AttachElementToElement(Element, AttachToElement, Float:OffsetX, Float:OffsetY, Float:OffsetZ, Float:rX, Float:rY, Float:rZ);

You can use this function to attach AttachToElement to Element.
Type Element:
playerid
vehicleid
objectid
iconid
soundid
Text3D

This the most important, rest possible to realize

Ryso 13/08/2010 01:03 AM

OnPlayerExitVehicle isn't (fully) working as it is supposed to be. For example I have a SetTimerEx in OnPlayerEnterVehicle, and KillTimer in OnPlayerExitVehicle; but for example, when I exit vehicle by using teleport, public OnPlayerExitVehicle isn't called and that timer keeps on going.

Jesant13 13/08/2010 02:21 AM

Many programs automatically check for updates. Multi Theft Auto: San Andreas, which is an excellent example, automatically checks for updates and with the user's permission, automatically downloads the update, which the user can then install.

I think SA-MP should have this feature, as it would not only help ensure that people have the latest final release of SA-MP, but it might also decrease the amount of threads where people say that they can't connect to a server because they have the wrong version of SA-MP.

scott1 13/08/2010 03:09 AM

Re : Re: Suggestions For Future Sa:MP Versions.

Quote:

Originally Posted by DANGER1979 (Post 789150)
All that is offered above has no serious importance

OnPlayerConnect(playerid, playerSerial); - playerSerial: The player's serial HardDriver number.

GetPlayerSerial(playerid);- This function returns the serial for a specified player.

Yeah, Cheater cant be unban their self.

SetPlayerHoldingObject Add Object angle

Sergei 13/08/2010 05:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ryso (Post 790291)
OnPlayerExitVehicle isn't (fully) working as it is supposed to be. For example I have a SetTimerEx in OnPlayerEnterVehicle, and KillTimer in OnPlayerExitVehicle; but for example, when I exit vehicle by using teleport, public OnPlayerExitVehicle isn't called and that timer keeps on going.

OnPlayerEcitVehicle is called when palyer exits vehicle itself. Use OnPlayerStateChange for your code.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jesant13 (Post 790349)
Many programs automatically check for updates. Multi Theft Auto: San Andreas, which is an excellent example, automatically checks for updates and with the user's permission, automatically downloads the update, which the user can then install.

I think SA-MP should have this feature, as it would not only help ensure that people have the latest final release of SA-MP, but it might also decrease the amount of threads where people say that they can't connect to a server because they have the wrong version of SA-MP.

SA:MP is updated ones per year. No need for that really.

RichyB 13/08/2010 08:48 AM

SA-MP Suggestions

I know it may be hard, but like GTA IV, you could script in a ingame web browser.
Though this web browser cannot access outside of the server.
Like NPCModes folder, you could have the Web folder.
With this, you can have an images folder where you can put images in there.

Ingame you could place images on the website, just like textdraws function.
You could make it transparent, make it the background, Adjust the size.

For example if you wanted to add an image, you could do:
pawn Code:
new Image:image1=display("theimage.png");
ImageSize(image1, Height in Pixels, Width in Pixels);
ImagePosition(image1, X Position on Browser, Y Position on Browser);

And if you wanted to add it into the browser, you can create a textfile in the Web folder and call it for example:
******.com, and then you could add in like [IMAGE]image1[/IMAGE]
That would place that image into that page.
Then when you Request ******.com in the browser url box.
It would look in this Function to see if that URL is available, otherwise it will return a default 404 Error page, or you could create a custom 404 error page.

pawn Code:
OnPlayerRequestWebpage(playerid, url);
This would load the webpage if its there.

You could create a whole bunch of code.
Like Text, and Pictures.
[TEXT]Hey[/TEXT]
It would all basicly be around how Textdraws are done, except for the browser.
The Browser would need to look like a GTA styled one, and if anyone would like a design, I could make one.
But, this browser would have to be better then GTA IV one, with tab system, wouldn't be hard, just click and it adds new tab.
Also, could think of a Computer OS system, in later SA:MP versions.
It be like a Virtual Computer but nothing can harm your computer.
It would be great for servers that are Based on Roleplay, for example, if there were hacking jobs on a roleplay server, you could use your computer to hack into other computers, and fake upload viruses to their ingame computers.

And like the Drunk Effect ingame, you could add something like a Virus, that does the same type of thing.
As hard as that could be, it would be great success in future.

Also, could you think about adding a system which detects whether the player has Alt Tabbed.
Like,
pawn Code:
IsPlayerAltTabbed(playerid)
{
Kick(playerid);
return 1;
}
Be very handy, as the most annoying thing with Any Server is when people Alt Tab, if they are moving then instantly Alt Tab, they keep moving and when they return in-game, they disappear from their position they were moving to, to the position they Alt Tabbed at.

Another Suggestion is a Body System where you can Shoot a body part such as an arm, and the arm will come off, and if you shoot both legs, they are put into an animation which they cannot move at all. Or if there is a crawling animation, they do that.
Its more realistic, plus if people go to hospital, you could easily do
pawn Code:
RestoreBody(player);
That will give back the players bodyparts.

You can easily change the colour of the game, for everyone with a simple plugin.
But could you create a system where you can change the player skin colour.
Like Adjust the Colour, so you can be all black, Red, White or even make your player transparent like a ghost, or invisible to all.
Like you could do
pawn Code:
SetPlayerSkinColor(playerid, 0x000000FF); //To Set Skin Color for all to see.
SetPlayerSkinColorForPlayer(playerid, otherplayerid, 0x000000FF); // Or Set the Skin Color for only one person to see.
//otherplayerid would be the player that the color would be set on.
//Though that player will not see the color, only playerid, otherplayerid will stay the same.

Also, there needs to be able to have a server player increase from 500, to 1000 at most.
That may be alot, but it allows alot more people to join, but the server would need high specs to hold it.
Should have a seperate server package for High Spec Servers which allow them to go the extra mile with 1000 players.
Ive got loads more suggestions, but I like the ones Ive said best.

Agent Smith 13/08/2010 09:08 AM

Re: SA-MP Suggestions

There is a suggsetion thread for SA:MP already: http://forum.sa-mp.com/showthread.php?t=102997

EDIT:

You also need to release that SA:MP is a mod for GTA San Andreas which means we can only do things which are avaiable to us through GTA SA. Like body parts falling off will most likely not happen due to SA:MP limitations.

Calgon 13/08/2010 09:09 AM

First of all, http://forum.sa-mp.com/showthread.php?t=102997

Secondly, these ideas and features are just horrible, I like playing SA-MP how it is, maybe a few less bugs, but adding a web page system and that image thing not only could potentially make me vulnerable to all sorts of inappropriate content/viruses, it'd also be a massive waste of bandwidth that I wouldn't want to waste. And those skin features aren't possible in SA-MP. This is a game mod, not a game.

Last, but not least... There's only four or five servers that peak/hit 500, I've never seen any servers stick at 500 for longer than an hour. 1000 slots is way too many, and it's a waste of coding.

RichyB 13/08/2010 09:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Calgon (Post 790583)
First of all, http://forum.sa-mp.com/showthread.php?t=102997

Secondly, these ideas and features are just horrible, I like playing SA-MP how it is, maybe a few less bugs, but adding a web page system and that image thing not only could potentially make me vulnerable to all sorts of inappropriate content/viruses, it'd also be a massive waste of bandwidth that I wouldn't want to waste. And those skin features aren't possible in SA-MP. This is a game mod, not a game.

Last, but not least... There's only four or five servers that peak/hit 500, I've never seen any servers stick at 500 for longer than an hour. 1000 slots is way too many, and it's a waste of coding.

Its always the negative with all your posts isn't it?

With the Web Page System, you will know be vulnerable to anything that can harm your computer, its simply like textdraws in a browser looking things.
If the browser can give you viruses, LOL then a simple textdraw can.
For Inappropriote content, its the server owners responsibility to manage his/her server.
And if someone sees something bad, theres always the option of having a /report command.
And really, you could pretend having sex with just words, and you could get kicked from the server.
But really, nothing bad.
And it is a MOD, thats what Modification means, the Modification is that its Modified the game to Online Multiplayer.
It is a game that we are playing on, and you can create games from this Modification.
Building onto this Modification is how SA:MP are going to move on and get bigger.

Did you even read? Images will be on the server, and there will be a max image size for the server, so it won't take seconds to load an image. And the images can only be created with for example a seperate SA:MP Image Creator.

And with having 1000 players, I have seen a server go at 500, and they have stayed at 500 for a few hours, over 3000 people played it daily, and over 30,000 accounts created. But they had to close from financial difficulties.
It isn't too much to script, all they need to do is edit the MAX Limit.
It isn't hard, or a waste of time.
And the skin features are possible, nothing is impossible.
Stop being harsh about everything, think of the good side, many servers would love this, and it would bring more people to the SA:MP community.