SA-MP Forums

Go Back   SA-MP Forums > SA-MP > General

Old 24/08/2017, 05:48 PM   #2841
10MIN
Banned

Default Re: Suggestions for future SA:MP updates

@sim_sima You can't add vehicles in samp... However if you want a car to have a plate named "sim_sima" when you enter it, you have to use SetVehicleNumberPlate and then save the vehicleid in a pvar / array and then respawn the car, and put you in it. Simple?
10MIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24/08/2017, 08:42 PM   #2842
HeLiOn_PrImE
High-roller

Quote:
Originally Posted by sim_sima View Post
my suggestion is: Either add more police vehicles that say "Sheriff" and "State Trooper" on them, or make something similar to the license plate system, where the server script-wise can change the text on police vehicles to say something other than LSPD, LVPD or SFPD.
You can use other vehicles. Customize them by attaching retextured objects and setting the police siren via script.

"It's only a game, but people are real. You have to respect them." - Mick88
"You don't deserve a +rep, if you ask for it. Those who deserve it, don't have to ask." - me
"And yet people will still start new threads for the "dying" subject." - me

HeLiOn_PrImE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24/08/2017, 09:29 PM   #2843
sim_sima
Gangsta

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10MIN View Post
@sim_sima You can't add vehicles in samp... However if you want a car to have a plate named "sim_sima" when you enter it, you have to use SetVehicleNumberPlate and then save the vehicleid in a pvar / array and then respawn the car, and put you in it. Simple?
I know that, but that's not what i'm talking about. I want there to be Sheriff/state police vehicles in the game, and not only LSPD, LVPD and SFPD vehicles
sim_sima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25/08/2017, 01:45 AM   #2844
HeLiOn_PrImE
High-roller

Quote:
I know that, but that's not what i'm talking about. I want there to be Sheriff/state police vehicles in the game, and not only LSPD, LVPD and SFPD vehicles
It's simply not possible with SA-MP. There isn't much in vehicle choices, I know, but you could play with the colors.
You could use the rancher for sheriff and you'll only need to customize one car model for the state police, if you want something faster.
If you don't need it to be faster, I think you can settle with an existing model and choose different colors.

You need to be reasonable here, dude. You're asking something this big, just for RP servers.
Yes, RP is popular, but you have to admit that the recent development has been most favorable for them, and not so much for the rest.
Yet you're here asking for even more.

I'm not straight against RP. You have the right to suggest, but if I were them, and I would actually have time to work on it, I would start encouraging other types of gamemodes through the development.

"It's only a game, but people are real. You have to respect them." - Mick88
"You don't deserve a +rep, if you ask for it. Those who deserve it, don't have to ask." - me
"And yet people will still start new threads for the "dying" subject." - me

HeLiOn_PrImE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26/08/2017, 12:35 PM   #2845
IstuntmanI
High-roller

Well, because the developer seems to add as much single player features as possible (because f*ck fixing existing bugs - new features usually with new bugs and downsides too), this may have a chance to be considered (well, there are already 3DTexts, but they are too basic):

That text is pretty nice. It would be better just to extend the 3DTexts if possible, so they could allow several styles (maybe fonts, size and other things maybe).

I don't want this too much, but it could be nice.

----

Well, the greatest suggestion is to start fixing those ancient bugs that affect even spawning. I don't care that it is not SA-MP 1.0, a software receiving updates at a regular time (well, 1-2 years for smaller versions) for 12 years shouldn't be bugged like this. We already have enough features, but the bugs are more than enough.

<smart asses that are reading my post again (and probably never had a server with too much features or players, so they didn't find too many SA-MP bugs), stop talking about "you can fix it with scripts", look at fixes.inc: it has 10000+ lines and gives their developers (ziggi and ******) a pretty hard time, they have to assure compatibility with multiple scripts and all kind of other stupid things that could be easily solved if done internally. Also, there's no fixes.inc alternative available for servers using sampGDK, so we manually have to migrate all those 10000 lines of fixes to another language (mainly C++, but other plugins that adds support for additional languages use sampGDK too AFAIK, such as the C# and PHP plugins if I remember correctly, so we would have to create fixes for every language if everyone wants all bug fixes - this is bad) - well, we can remove lots of comments and defines, but it still a lot ! - http://wiki.sa-mp.com/wiki/Bugs: https://github.com/Open-GTO/sa-mp-fixes (fixes.inc can't fix all bugs anyway, some are impossible to fix, while some are still unsolved by it, but a lot of issues with existing bugs that weren't fixing were made on project's GitHub page to keep a better track of unsolved bugs that may be fixed at some point, if someone wants to contribute) >

Last edited by IstuntmanI; 26/08/2017 at 02:04 PM.
IstuntmanI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26/08/2017, 01:50 PM   #2846
Omirrow
Huge Clucker

Hopefully, one day...
Omirrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26/08/2017, 10:48 PM   #2847
sim_sima
Gangsta

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeLiOn_PrImE View Post
It's simply not possible with SA-MP. There isn't much in vehicle choices, I know, but you could play with the colors.
You could use the rancher for sheriff and you'll only need to customize one car model for the state police, if you want something faster.
If you don't need it to be faster, I think you can settle with an existing model and choose different colors.

You need to be reasonable here, dude. You're asking something this big, just for RP servers.
Yes, RP is popular, but you have to admit that the recent development has been most favorable for them, and not so much for the rest.
Yet you're here asking for even more.

I'm not straight against RP. You have the right to suggest, but if I were them, and I would actually have time to work on it, I would start encouraging other types of gamemodes through the development.
I'm sure it's possible to add. It doesn't even have to be an entire new model of vehicle, it could just be some kind of texture that you can change on the original police cruisers, or, as mentioned earlier, something similar to the license plate system, where you can change the text on the vehicle script-wise. Don't tell me that's impossible, because almost anything is possible.
sim_sima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26/08/2017, 11:23 PM   #2848
Eoussama
High-roller

Quote:
Don't tell me that's impossible, because almost anything is possible.
With pawn? Maybe if we had a more powerful programming language to work with.

|===[Web taxi]===|
List of my work
Github
Pastebin

|===[Interesting topics]===|
Semantic Versioning
Eoussama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26/08/2017, 11:29 PM   #2849
Misiur
High-roller

PAWN is quite powerful, it's the samp core functionality that's missing.
Misiur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26/08/2017, 11:55 PM   #2850
Eoussama
High-roller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misiur View Post
PAWN is quite powerful, it's the samp core functionality that's missing.
yeah, but still, too bad it's not Object oriented, the things you can easily achieve in that case, just wow.

|===[Web taxi]===|
List of my work
Github
Pastebin

|===[Interesting topics]===|
Semantic Versioning
Eoussama is offline   Reply With Quote