SA-MP Forums

Go Back   SA-MP Forums > SA-MP > General

Old 03/12/2019, 10:59 PM   #1
Anarchia666
Little Clucker

Default creating roleplay server - question, suggestions and ideas about project; breaking with scheme?

hay,

i want to ask some questions here and invite you on my discord server too, which will be a continuation of this topic - https://discord.gg/RQBEvpS ;

1. how to make realistic economy? how to do jobs with no grinding money
2. hp bar or not? maybe no nickname?
3. on ucp you can choose profile like; gangster, right civilian, corrupt guy, psychopath, terrorist etc
4. if somebody shot you on some bodypart you have some % for survival
5. how and what is possible to make fake id?
6. how or where to get illegal weapons?
7. what you think about add hunger, thirst, gym, stamina etc system?
8. what you think about add something like weapon skill etc?
9. pk - three times and CK, you have to play injuries or maybe no pk?
10. deal with the IC consequences like in real life for example if you jump from the mount chillad; you car is for exchange or not suitable and your player could die (CK)
11. what you say about creating guns?
12. what you say about crafting?
13. realistic /ad - not on chat, for example on newspaper; maybe other way?
14. add wanted system, but in better roleplay way?
15. mask system IC right?
16. learn fight style; how can look it without admins interference?
17. bomb system? how they can get?
18. level or hour system is better?
19. how to solve the problem with leveling or hours systems for example with banks, have gun in hand, but not limit players?
20. how BW can look or maybe remove it?
21. safezones or no?
22. add something like effects, addiction and drug craving to drug system?
23. add something like experience
24. you have to exit from the car to refill it, you have to wait more than 2-3 minutes to fix car like in real life or less realistic?
25. add more freedom to server
26. add more fun to server
27. realistic, but freedom; serious IC consequences
28. add rpg'ish on rp server or not?
29. how to create gamemode without adding rpg'ish elements which these are?
30. maybe add rpg elements that will fit in rp?

Last edited by Anarchia666; 03/12/2019 at 11:31 PM.
Anarchia666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/12/2019, 04:42 PM   #2
natovan
Little Clucker

Default Re: creating roleplay server - question, suggestions and ideas about project; breaking with scheme?

Quote:
18. level or hour system is better?
Better without it at all.
natovan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/12/2019, 06:13 PM   #3
Vuky
Little Clucker

Default Re: creating roleplay server - question, suggestions and ideas about project; breaking with scheme?

I'll give you my opinion but I prefer heavy-rp so I'll go in that direction

1. Search up on web how much each job earns you and play with the numbers also you can compare it to your country and make it similar. Limit players on doing job routes for example no more than 10 deliveries for pizza guy if they're still earning too much
2. I say leave both as players can use advantage of hidden hp to heal in middle of gunfight
3. Not necessary, allow players to roleplay whatever they want. Maybe their character is not corrupt but will become corrupt after some time so don't make it scripted.
4. Useful, like they're bleeding and have to visit a doctor and put a bandage by themselves or other player.
5. Just make a hidden spot similar to black market when players can buy fake id which will give them a fake name or let them choose a name
6. Weapon smuggling in the city or material smuggling which can be used to create weapons and/or weapon parts. Use your imagination
7. Nice but the players will be forced sometimes to stop RP because of that system (ex. "/b hold on I need to eat or I'll die")
8. Scriptable, make a shooting range where they can improve their skills
9. It's a basic rule which you can change if you want to, PK is just roleplaying while CK is locking account until name change
10. Don't as you'll lose playerbase. SAMP has bugs (ex. falling trough interior) and because of bugs sometimes you'll get CK'ed
11. Same as weapon dealing. Smuggle materials and create gun parts which can be assembled into a gun or any firearm weapon
12. A broad term, depends what you had in mind
13. Make them accessible trough dialog or textdraw which will show last 10 ads for example
14. Create police program with textdraws or dialog where they can place charges and arrest warrants for someone
15. Clothing. Place mask on players head and other have to roleplay they don't know who is he. If your scared of metagaming than hide their nametag and make a label like "Mask_123456"
16. Make it that they have to go to gym or sessions of a certain fight style and after like 10 sessions change their fight style
17. A broad term again. Planting bombs like car bomb? Get close to vehicle, roleplay placing a bomb and than use a command which will attach bomb to that vehicle. Once the /engine is started vehicle explodes
18. None in my opinion. Just script that new players have countdown like 10 hours for example which will restrict them for certain stuff (weapons etc.)
19. Read 18.
20. Didn't quite understand that
21. No, as players often run to safe zone if they're being chased by someone but make it like it's covered in CCTV if it's a popular/crowded area
22. Use weather change and textdraws for drug effects
23. Playing time is enough of experience in my opinion
24. Maybe just turn /engine off
25. Don't make everything scripted and you'll have a freedom. Giving players to RP how they wait is much better than script-forcing them on something
26. Create RP events instead of drag racing on airport etc.
27. Read 25
28. No
29. Just don't add them and create strict rules
30. No
Vuky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/12/2019, 06:39 PM   #4
Caleb410
Little Clucker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anarchia666 View Post
3. on ucp you can choose profile like; gangster, right civilian, corrupt guy, psychopath, terrorist etc
This would be nice, where you can setup your whole character/characters within a UCP.

San Fierro Roleplay!
https://discord.gg/6JjmwBs
Caleb410 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05/12/2019, 05:14 AM   #5
Anarchia666
Little Clucker

Quote:
Originally Posted by natovan View Post
Better without it at all.
why not? so what will be and how can protect against for example dmer's? how somebody will be know that I can rob him or something, if will be something like that

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vuky View Post
I'll give you my opinion but I prefer heavy-rp so I'll go in that direction

1. Search up on web how much each job earns you and play with the numbers also you can compare it to your country and make it similar. Limit players on doing job routes for example no more than 10 deliveries for pizza guy if they're still earning too much
2. I say leave both as players can use advantage of hidden hp to heal in middle of gunfight
3. Not necessary, allow players to roleplay whatever they want. Maybe their character is not corrupt but will become corrupt after some time so don't make it scripted.
4. Useful, like they're bleeding and have to visit a doctor and put a bandage by themselves or other player.
5. Just make a hidden spot similar to black market when players can buy fake id which will give them a fake name or let them choose a name
6. Weapon smuggling in the city or material smuggling which can be used to create weapons and/or weapon parts. Use your imagination
7. Nice but the players will be forced sometimes to stop RP because of that system (ex. "/b hold on I need to eat or I'll die")
8. Scriptable, make a shooting range where they can improve their skills
9. It's a basic rule which you can change if you want to, PK is just roleplaying while CK is locking account until name change
10. Don't as you'll lose playerbase. SAMP has bugs (ex. falling trough interior) and because of bugs sometimes you'll get CK'ed
11. Same as weapon dealing. Smuggle materials and create gun parts which can be assembled into a gun or any firearm weapon
12. A broad term, depends what you had in mind
13. Make them accessible trough dialog or textdraw which will show last 10 ads for example
14. Create police program with textdraws or dialog where they can place charges and arrest warrants for someone
15. Clothing. Place mask on players head and other have to roleplay they don't know who is he. If your scared of metagaming than hide their nametag and make a label like "Mask_123456"
16. Make it that they have to go to gym or sessions of a certain fight style and after like 10 sessions change their fight style
17. A broad term again. Planting bombs like car bomb? Get close to vehicle, roleplay placing a bomb and than use a command which will attach bomb to that vehicle. Once the /engine is started vehicle explodes
18. None in my opinion. Just script that new players have countdown like 10 hours for example which will restrict them for certain stuff (weapons etc.)
19. Read 18.
20. Didn't quite understand that
21. No, as players often run to safe zone if they're being chased by someone but make it like it's covered in CCTV if it's a popular/crowded area
22. Use weather change and textdraws for drug effects
23. Playing time is enough of experience in my opinion
24. Maybe just turn /engine off
25. Don't make everything scripted and you'll have a freedom. Giving players to RP how they wait is much better than script-forcing them on something
26. Create RP events instead of drag racing on airport etc.
27. Read 25
28. No
29. Just don't add them and create strict rules
30. No

2. but could be task for team and for example rcrp have without hp bar; what you can say about no nickname like in singleplayer, but how could it recognize itself?
4. i think that is good and for x amount times, you can die, because you don't survive (CK)
5. so scripted place? but exactly, for me should be IC'ly thing; but have I can do it? It's a little outdated thing; you can saw it on lsrp and they want change it
6. what you mean? like on horizon?
7. so 50/50? and what if the script will not stop and will be better done?
8. so add skills?
9. and what you think? what is better?
10. but what if player report it and admin will undo this change? btw.... it's nice real life things and players will be take care about everything
11. and who can do it?
12. crafting everything; some objects, you can be lumberjack and do it something with wood, crafting guns or maybe it's not crafting, but similar; you choose the ingredients and you can cook something
13. but more realistic right? not on chat that you can saw something like that;
[ad] I'm buying sport car [phone...] - yes it will be, but for example on newspaper
14. but how wanted star will be work? higher rank will be decided about giving wanted star or? and if we are here; what I can put into MDC system?
16. what with abusing?
17. for example, but add something like this? who can use it? how it will be works?
18. so closer to hours things and will be display on tab?
19. yeah, but if somebody earn nice amount of money and he can not will be pay more than? of course if he will be less than 10 hours
20. I mean; for example like on lsrp or more realistic, if not you can die (CK)
21. So how can be case solved with safe zone, if they will not be there?
22. only?
23. will be more fun, but can limit players too
24. bur realistic or not?
25. what you mean? but i don't think only about script-wise things, but rules too
26. what examples?
27. not only script-wise things, rules ect too - what you think
28. why not?
29. could you list these rpg elements?
30. why not?
Anarchia666 is offline   Reply With Quote