SA-MP Forums

Go Back   SA-MP Forums > Other > Everything and Nothing

Old 03/09/2011, 10:37 AM   #11
Darnell
Gangsta

Default Re: Downloading and running scripts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiddos View Post
This topic has mostly been brought up because of the mass usage of some scripts, like the GodFather and Raven's Roleplay. In general, I don't see any problems with using a released script - If you release a script on the forums, you'd usually like to see people using it.

I knew a kid who downloaded a lot of different scripts (A gamemode and a bunch o' filterscripts) from the forums and to be honest, his server looked quite cool.

I don't care about people using released scripts, as long as they don't call it their own work (Had some experiences, won't call any names).
That's my opinion .
Darnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/09/2011, 10:49 AM   #12
Danny
High-roller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiddos View Post
This topic has mostly been brought up because of the mass usage of some scripts, like the GodFather and Raven's Roleplay. In general, I don't see any problems with using a released script - If you release a script on the forums, you'd usually like to see people using it.

I knew a kid who downloaded a lot of different scripts (A gamemode and a bunch o' filterscripts) from the forums and to be honest, his server looked quite cool.

I don't care about people using released scripts, as long as they don't call it their own work (Had some experiences, won't call any names).
I'm not saying it's bad to release or download a gamemode. The main purpose of a released script should be to learn
people scripting, and writing their own. If you are able to set up a well edited GF/Raven's script, with a good adminteam and other things that makes a server, may God bless you.

There's just an overkill of noobs creating total useless servers with theirself as only regular playerbase while unique servers are empty. People won't join RP servers in the masterlist anymore, cause there's 80% chance that server runs a unedited GF/Raven's (That's what i think)

come into my life, it's a man made paradise

http://www.buzzfeed.com/norbertobric...omp-stomp-clap
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/09/2011, 11:02 AM   #13
[MNC]Azz
Big Clucker

Quote:
Originally Posted by funky1234 View Post
due to this download frenzy, people with unique gamemodes are getting shutdown. Is that not bad for SAMP too?
That has been happening to me a lot... i scripted quite a bit of unique servers and they all got shut down
and people kept advertising their copied or downloaded servers on my server... and my players went there and liked them more(i was a beginner scripter at the time) so this time im making an other huge GM to try to win this battle
Old 03/09/2011, 11:08 AM   #14
[03]Garsino

Quote:
Originally Posted by [MNC]Azz View Post
That has been happening to me a lot... i scripted quite a bit of unique servers and they all got shut down
and people kept advertising their copied or downloaded servers on my server... and my players went there and liked them more(i was a beginner scripter at the time) so this time im making an other huge GM to try to win this battle
A good admin-team and a nice anti-advertising script solves this.

OT: I really care about gamemodes (it's been fucked up for some years now anyway). But I release my scripts so people can use them (what they use it for and how they use it is beyond my knowledge. But most people use downloaded scripts wisely and then we have the other part who edit a few lines and claim it as their own work - a.k.a. retards).
Old 03/09/2011, 11:15 AM   #15
Gforcez
Gangsta

Maybe there should be a Tab: Unique. So you can apply. and if you have a unique gamemode. You'll come in that tab.

Gforcez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/09/2011, 11:25 AM   #16
saiberfun
High-roller

Well I agree with most stuff of this but

You of course can get some includes or filterscripts for your server.
As long the whole server isn't build out of those it should be fine.
And as long the server still wears his own "uniqueness".
Old 03/09/2011, 12:25 PM   #17
marinov
Gangsta

I hate because there are like SO MANY DAMN servers with 0 players. This is what pisses me off the most. But about the downloaded script thing, I just don't like it when they call it their own script.
Old 03/09/2011, 12:43 PM   #18
Darnell
Gangsta

If you download a script, it's okay, but if you tell that it's yours, it's lame & pathetic.
A couple of days ago, I went into a server, and asked if it's a PR-RP edit.
The owner said ' no ' & said the script is scratch-made & it's unique.
And obviously it was a PR-RP edit, I don't see the point of being a shame of using an edit.
Darnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/09/2011, 12:54 PM   #19
WoodPecker
Huge Clucker

Well i was using the GF to learn scripting then i opened my own server and i had around 20 players, then i closed it for some reasons [merged with SARP 2010] and now im scripting a unique project / script,and im glad that im not using GF again, 3rep4you.
WoodPecker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/09/2011, 12:58 PM   #20
SourceCode
Huge Clucker

KID:- Downloads a overused gamemode
KID:- Mom, Gimme some moniezzz
Mom:- Sure tom, Take my credit card
KID:- Im very happiezzzz, I started a server, Ill be the admin, Ill rule and ill get money!!

Gamemodes are released and are supposed to be used! I dont talk about overused scripts, I dont find a point in people making a server with them, And about your "From Scratch" servers being closed down , Its ur problem you cant code it well or its not better than those downloaded scripts, Because many from scratch servers have high player base
SourceCode is offline   Reply With Quote