SA-MP Forums

Go Back   SA-MP Forums > Other > Everything and Nothing

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 19/09/2011, 02:51 AM   #31
marinov
Gangsta
 
marinov's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: San Andreas
Posts: 591
Reputation: 8
Default Re: Minecraft 1.8

Oh my, never seen that, well you have a point then, but I still think it's a great game
__________________
http://mczombiecom.co.nr/
marinov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19/09/2011, 03:40 AM   #32
Hal
High-roller
 
Hal's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Toronto, Canada
Posts: 1,166
Reputation: 43
Default Re: Minecraft 1.8

Quote:
Originally Posted by marinov View Post
Oh my, never seen that, well you have a point then, but I still think it's a great game
Even though Minecraft as a whole is still in beta. But the beta release 1.8 is not in beta... Confusing :P
__________________

Wanna start a project thats NOT sa-mp with me? I have a bunch of server space, PM me.
Hal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19/09/2011, 03:41 AM   #33
marinov
Gangsta
 
marinov's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: San Andreas
Posts: 591
Reputation: 8
Default Re: Minecraft 1.8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hal View Post
Even though Minecraft as a whole is still in beta. But the beta release 1.8 is not in beta... Confusing :P
Yea, cuz they are always adding stuff, fixing stuff, or changing stuff...
__________________
http://mczombiecom.co.nr/
marinov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19/09/2011, 03:48 AM   #34
Deskoft
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Minecraft 1.8

Literally a beta is supposed to be reaching the feature freeze, which clearly is not the case of minecraft.
Notch is a great programmer, yet, needs some put some theory in practice, like the basics of a organized testing process.

But I loved the Creative mode
  Reply With Quote
Old 19/09/2011, 03:57 AM   #35
Code_Red
Gangsta
 
Code_Red's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: LeChuck's secret fortress.
Posts: 717
Reputation: 123
Default Re: Minecraft 1.8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deskoft View Post
Notch is a great programmer.
Its a known fact that Minecraft is poorly written.
And if you do not believe me go look at the change log in the Minecraft wiki, each version has at least 5 new bugs.
__________________

Credit to Gortex!
Code_Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19/09/2011, 04:05 AM   #36
Deskoft
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Minecraft 1.8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Code_Red View Post
Its a known fact that Minecraft is poorly written.
And if you do not believe me go look at the change log in the Minecraft wiki, each version has at least 5 new bugs.
It's called a indie game, developed by only two developers. Not like EA games with more than 1,000 beta testers and 50 developers on a epicly fast computer with 3 monitors and 2 external drives of 2 Terabytes each one.
Therefore, yes, he's a great developer.
  Reply With Quote
Old 19/09/2011, 04:05 AM   #37
marinov
Gangsta
 
marinov's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: San Andreas
Posts: 591
Reputation: 8
Default Re: Minecraft 1.8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deskoft View Post
Literally a beta is supposed to be reaching the feature freeze, which clearly is not the case of minecraft.
Notch is a great programmer, yet, needs some put some theory in practice, like the basics of a organized testing process.

But I loved the Creative mode
I like survival mode better :P
__________________
http://mczombiecom.co.nr/
marinov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19/09/2011, 04:11 AM   #38
Deskoft
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Minecraft 1.8

Quote:
Originally Posted by marinov View Post
I like survival mode better :P
Maybe, I didn't like some stuff like the NPC villages which currently are useless (no point in releasing something that has no use).

I made some epic structures, but I hate how you can't take creative maps and make them survival maps.

I'm not a pro at minecraft, indeed, I only play 2 hours a week probably (this is because i'm highly busy from monday to friday). Yet, I really enjoy those 60 / 120 minutes a week.

EDIT: maybe it's 4 hours now that 1.8 is out D:
  Reply With Quote
Old 19/09/2011, 08:02 AM   #39
Infamous
Gangsta
 
Infamous's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Essex, England
Posts: 663
Reputation: 65
Default Re: Minecraft 1.8

Love 1.8, all the new features rock!
__________________

Infamous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19/09/2011, 12:10 PM   #40
marinov
Gangsta
 
marinov's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: San Andreas
Posts: 591
Reputation: 8
Default Re: Minecraft 1.8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deskoft View Post
Maybe, I didn't like some stuff like the NPC villages which currently are useless (no point in releasing something that has no use).

I made some epic structures, but I hate how you can't take creative maps and make them survival maps.

I'm not a pro at minecraft, indeed, I only play 2 hours a week probably (this is because i'm highly busy from monday to friday). Yet, I really enjoy those 60 / 120 minutes a week.

EDIT: maybe it's 4 hours now that 1.8 is out D:

I like the NPCs village thing cuz he said soon there will be NPCs on them, so it kinda makes you look forward to, and I also build amazing stuff on creative mode, but it would be cheating changing it to survival.
__________________
http://mczombiecom.co.nr/
marinov is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Gmod vs Minecraft marinov Everything and Nothing 23 14/08/2011 06:19 PM
Do you play minecraft? Tachibana Everything and Nothing 20 08/07/2011 06:25 PM
[FilterScript] Minecraft GUI Kitten Filterscripts 17 27/03/2011 06:45 PM
Minecraft ? marinov Everything and Nothing 2 21/02/2011 07:20 PM


All times are GMT. The time now is 04:16 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.