SA-MP Forums

Go Back   SA-MP Forums > SA-MP > General

Old 11/05/2019, 02:24 PM   #1
Proxus
Big Clucker

Default Is there any point?

Hi, I'd just like to ask something. Recently, I've been working on a trucking server (as you can probably see from my signature). I've been working very hard on it, making it unique and making it an enjoyable experience. I love playing my server and I'd hope a lot of people would play & enjoy it the same way as I do. However, trucking servers were at their peak in 2012. Is there any point launching a new server now? Of course, I'm willing to invest a lot of money if necessary (on good hosting & hosted tab, etc.). Back then, there seemed to be a lot more players but now there are less, the servers have less variety and there are people saying that 'SA-MP is dying'.

I'd just like some advice on whether it's worth continuing my server or abandoning it due to the lack of player interest. While it's probably hard to guess without having an actual launch and seeing the playerbase, I'd just like some pointers and perhaps some ways to boost server playerbase for a trucking server, if there are any. Thanks in advance!
Old 11/05/2019, 02:41 PM   #2
Hazon
Big Clucker

Smile Re: Is there any point?

There are still a few trucking based servers with a good playerbase, most are Romanian while others struggling to reach 15 players or they are empty. I see no reason how can you fail if you offer something others didn't, because it's very hard to outdo the servers that were successful with the years of work behind them (Convoy Trucking as example).

Also, months before you publish a server, share variety of pictures or video clips to illustrate to people what awaits them. Besides, you need someone who's going to advertise a community for months before a open and a good and mature staff members who love trucking. It's not really necessary, but I prefer to reach any good YT guy with good amount of views who may help you.

Try. If you fail, it's not the end of the world.
Hazon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/05/2019, 02:57 PM   #3
Proxus
Big Clucker

Default Re: Is there any point?

Thanks for your reply! Convoy Trucking (as I assume a lot of people have noticed) is slowly dying. With a peak playerbase of about 10 now from 100 back in the golden era is quite a difference. However, I'm sure it's time to revive the trucking servers with something new.
Old 11/05/2019, 08:38 PM   #4
RogueDrifter
High-roller

Abandon it

[Github]:Link [Gists]:Link [Forum]:Link [Server]:Link [Discord]:Link

RogueDrifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/05/2019, 12:05 AM   #5
Kasis
Huge Clucker

Most of the people who say sa-mp is dying don't even play it, don't listen to those people. I would suggest make discord server regarding your server and keep people up to date what is happening. Don't worry, keep on doing what you are doing.
Old 12/05/2019, 06:09 AM   #6
K4r
Little Clucker

Good luck with that.
K4r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14/05/2019, 05:41 AM   #7
Damian
Beta Tester

You should integrate more forms of transportation, especially air. Be detailed with the cargo. Make some of them explosive in collisions or something. Just focus on the aesthetics and your server will pop. People enjoy Being apart of your vision the more details you give them.

Media you have plenty forms of media. Just keep uploading thoughtful interactive and fun content about your server. Eventually one of those videos will hit some sub-tag video high count lottery and give you some type of boost; or you can have a channel filled with quality content to display. Itís a win win.

You have to enjoy what you do before you expect anyone else to ya know?
Damian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17/05/2019, 02:07 AM   #8
DemME
Huge Clucker

Move onto GTA V Multiplayer platforms, SA-MP is dying slowly.
DemME is offline   Reply With Quote