SA-MP Forums

Go Back   SA-MP Forums > SA-MP Scripting and Plugins > Scripting Help > Discussion

Old 13/02/2019, 04:01 PM   #1
Itzhak E.
Little Clucker

Default Community made gamemode

Hey everyone...

So I wanted to know if during those all years there has never been this kind of project where the community contributes to the gamemode hosted on Git platforms? If not, is anyone interested or is it too late?
Itzhak E. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13/02/2019, 06:21 PM   #2
Itzhak E.
Little Clucker

Default Re: Community made gamemode

Quote:
Originally Posted by [HLF]Southclaw View Post
https://github.com/Southclaws/ScavengeSurvive this ran for a few years and saw a decent number of contributions. The nice thing about running an OSS gamemode is even once I didn't have time to manage a server any more, a couple more community-operated servers appeared to satisfy the players.
This looks nice! Nothing on the roleplay area?
Old 13/02/2019, 07:58 PM   #3
Itzhak E.
Little Clucker

Default Re: Community made gamemode

Quote:
Originally Posted by ****** View Post
There have been dozens.
It depends what you consider community-made or rather 'community-friendly' because most of the gamemodes that were published are just "thrown" with installation guide and feature list. I meant something more Framework like. Using modular programming, easily extensible/configurable, code readiability, variable and functions names/ethics should be pre-decided. And most importantly, heavily documented. The best in-production examples I have would be outside of the SAMP world like Meteor (Node.js) or Django. What Southclaw did is really good but as I see, it is no longer being worked on.