SA-MP Forums

Go Back   SA-MP Forums > SA-MP > General

Old 24/03/2020, 07:32 PM   #1
kevann
Big Clucker

Default Where to start?

So i am just wondering if there would be any interest in having a Roleplay server in the Bone County, English speaking server. I know there's a few bigger English speaking RP servers up at the moment. But just wondering if anyone would actually come to a server that is not in Los Santos?

Also, its a script from scratch so it'll be unique
kevann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24/03/2020, 07:53 PM   #2
Renisal
Little Clucker

Default Re: Where to start?

From scratch? Good but nowadays players likes a better version of an edited script, if your script is not better and unique than any released script then players would not play on your ordinary/simple script (even if it's made from scratch) and would play on that edited server, which is a better and advanced version of a released script.
Renisal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24/03/2020, 08:03 PM   #3
kevann
Big Clucker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renisal View Post
From scratch? Good but nowadays players likes a better version of an edited script, if your script is not better and unique than any released script then players would not play on your ordinary/simple script (even if it's made from scratch) and would play on that edited server, which is a better and advanced version of a released script.
Okay, so I should rather get an already released script, edit it and then run with that instead? Would save me a lot of work tbh

How about the location? or are people too scared to move away from LS?
kevann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24/03/2020, 08:11 PM   #4
Renisal
Little Clucker

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevann View Post
Okay, so I should rather get an already released script, edit it and then run with that instead? Would save me a lot of work tbh

How about the location? or are people too scared to move away from LS?
Few months back, when I was managing my server, I opened a poll on server location, most of the players voted for San Fierro (45 votes) whereas only 12 players voted for LS, when we moved to San Fierro from Los Santos then our playerbase decreased to 5-6 from 20-25.

So, I think that players get bored after playing few days outside Los Santos.
Old 26/03/2020, 09:55 PM   #5
Lynn
Gangsta

If you’re going to do it, do it right. Don’t use a edit, every failed server uses a Godfather/NGG edit.
Build a script from scratch, not only will you be more respectable as a developer but you will learn along the way. I’ve learned way more from trial and error from creating original content than I ever did editing someone else’s work. You will also be more proud to show off your work if it’s original. As for your placement, you don’t know unless you try. As the server grows you can expand the radius. You only fail if you never try, otherwise it’s just a lesson learned.
Old 26/03/2020, 10:47 PM   #6
d3Pedro
Huge Clucker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
If you’re going to do it, do it right. Don’t use a edit, every failed server uses a Godfather/NGG edit.
Build a script from scratch, not only will you be more respectable as a developer but you will learn along the way. I’ve learned way more from trial and error from creating original content than I ever did editing someone else’s work. You will also be more proud to show off your work if it’s original. As for your placement, you don’t know unless you try. As the server grows you can expand the radius. You only fail if you never try, otherwise it’s just a lesson learned.
This ^, focus, inspiration, hope, believing in what you do, staying positive.

Remember that not always a script is the server's heart. Your team, the way you manage, player-friendly, keeping things updated and always having an eye to your players' opinions/feedback. Don't start now if you're going to lose interest tomorrow. You have to keep things real and stay strong, that's the only way to survive.
Old 27/03/2020, 04:11 AM   #7
Renisal
Little Clucker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
If youíre going to do it, do it right. Donít use a edit, every failed server uses a Godfather/NGG edit.
Build a script from scratch, not only will you be more respectable as a developer but you will learn along the way. Iíve learned way more from trial and error from creating original content than I ever did editing someone elseís work. You will also be more proud to show off your work if itís original. As for your placement, you donít know unless you try. As the server grows you can expand the radius. You only fail if you never try, otherwise itís just a lesson learned.
What's the point of creating commands and features from scratch when it's already done? Engine system, bandana system, etc.... ? Just a waste of time.

I'm lazy to quote, but @d3pdro himself uses ULRP/RLRP edit let me know if I am wrong.
Old 27/03/2020, 04:28 AM   #8
koronokush
Little Clucker

where is the premium to pay
koronokush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27/03/2020, 06:43 AM   #9
Lynn
Gangsta

Quote:
What's the point of creating commands and features from scratch when it's already done? Engine system, bandana system, etc.... ? Just a waste of time.

I'm lazy to quote, but @d3pdro himself uses ULRP/RLRP edit let me know if I am wrong.
Why? Because you learn absolutely nothing from using other peopleís work.
How do you know their code is optimized correctly?
What if they declare a 256 bit string for 15 characters?
If you want it done right do it yourself.
The only time I would use someone elseís work is if itís a filter script such as a text draw creator or something like that.
A tool that will help me, I wouldnít use it in my release though.
It also takes away from being unique, because people will recognize when things are the exact same.
Old 27/03/2020, 02:17 PM   #10
d3Pedro
Huge Clucker

Quote:

There's no ULRP/RLRP script.

I started ULRP with an edited script, that's right yea. The server was opened just to be a friendly environment (only for a bunch of friends to play together)
The server went really good and we had Limitless Roleplay (the actual one) asking us to merge with them, so we made them merge with us, and that's how we got the script and everything.
ULRP/RLRP never had a script, we ran what Limitless offered us when we merged.

There's nothing wrong with using an edited released script from this forum. What's wrong is your way of doing things the same as others just to steal from them. Everyone started with a point, they've worked hard to be where they are, You get inspiration from these big servers but turn it into your way, not in the same way they are doing.

Last edited by d3Pedro; 27/03/2020 at 03:29 PM.
d3Pedro is offline   Reply With Quote